Attendance

Eatonram

One of the biggest concerns I have is the fact the ticket office is closed , this whole laggy mobile / tablet version of the app and the fact you have to assign a different Fan ID to buy a ticket,  my dads a season ticket holder and tried to get me a ticket ( I no longer live in Derby ) , so the process was a pain plus he couldn’t justify paying over £30 for league cup game against poor opposition!

the club are definitely going to ostracise fans which is incredibly sad 

30 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Why is the ticket office not open? What’s going on?

No Staff. 4 people working behind the scenes. No postal or in person tickets were available for last weekend only self print or e-tickets.

Edited by WystonRam

A recipe for low attendance - 

Have a global pandemic that means some people don't want to mix in large groups 

Close the ticket office and force sales online and make people have to print their own tickets

Lose virtually every game at the end of the previous season 

Let more players go and don't replace them 

Bring no one 'exciting' in during the close season 

Finish the previous football season with a national European final about 2 weeks previous to the new season starting 

Have a team which promises very few goals and generally are set up negatively 

After 18 months of being housebound, have the first game in the middle of the summer holiday when people are finally able to go away 

Constantly talk about possible points deduction and a new owner coming who may or may not spend some money but actually nothing happens and we are still in limbo!!

Not surprised that attendance is down, we desperately need a reset. Couple of wins and a striker would go a very long way, followed by the embargo being lifted and then a new owner who is looking forward, not emptying the shelves and letting everything go to ruin. 

I had a right ball ache getting mine and my sons ticket! Easy enough putting them in the basket, was checking out! Wouldnt let me pay as i was to old for my sons 6-12yr old ticket! I had to arse about getting him a fan ID using my mrs' email address as it wouldnt let me use mine!  Can see a lot of people just giving up! Real shame! 

I know the clubs tight for cash at the moment but i hate having to pay for under 12s! There the future generation of fans, they should be let in for free!

In one way it was probably better to have a smaller crowd after all the shizzle thats happened. The ones who were there got behind the manager and players, a bigger attendance might have attracted some negativity.

Agree about the ticket office though, its a disgrace that you can't go and get your ticket in person.

10 minutes ago, De22Ram said:

I had a right ball ache getting mine and my sons ticket! Easy enough putting them in the basket, was checking out! Wouldnt let me pay as i was to old for my sons 6-12yr old ticket! I had to arse about getting him a fan ID using my mrs' email address as it wouldnt let me use mine!  Can see a lot of people just giving up! Real shame! 

I know the clubs tight for cash at the moment but i hate having to pay for under 12s! There the future generation of fans, they should be let in for free!

I had the same problem. Totally shambolic. Got a ticket in the end more because I refused to be beaten by the crap system. 

45 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

How many will be there tonight? Less than at the weekend you would have thought. Could be very sparse 

I'm going for record low attendance for a competetive game at pride Park tonight, for all the reasons above plus the fact its league Cup against a lower league team and on sky. 

I'm going for 7k.

Edited by alexxxxx

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Maybe a start would be dropping our ticket prices? Unsure how they can justify some of the pricing considering the state of the club. 

100%. But I guess it’s because of mugs like me who have paid £16 for a league cup game tonight. After so long away I’m just happy to get back to going to regular football matches, it was the last piece missing to be back to normal life (for me personally) it’s a shame the club is preying on that though.

6 hours ago, BriggRam said:

With the situation we are in financially, MAYBE the ticket office staff have been given extended holiday or laid off to save money

But here is the thing, Lets say the ticket office opens, and you need to employ a further three people for one month - lets say that is circa £6-8k of cost.

That is circa 300-350 extra tickets sold just for the first game of the season to cover that cost. Even myself as a glass half emtpy person at times would have expected circa 1000 extra through the gate for that first game of the season with an open ticket office.

The club is being run by some completely useless people at the moment. When they are desperate for any additional revenue, they could have got an extra £30k for the home game, probably another £5-10k for tonight just by having an open ticket office.

Not having ST's for sale as well yet - wow - That's probably £2 Million of cash flow/sales they have lost out on so far. Yes - they will get it very soon, but I'm pretty sure circa 5,000 ST's would have been sold to both 19/20 ST holders and new ST holders in the 2-4 weeks before the first game and 5,000 x £400 is £2 Million.

Just utterly utterly bizarre.

7 hours ago, BriggRam said:

With the situation we are in financially, MAYBE the ticket office staff have been given extended holiday or laid off to save money

A lot of the TO staff were zero hours workers and were not permanent employees. After furlough was stopped they got other jobs i guess. There were some university people there too that just went home i guess.