Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

As usual Sambas cheating goes unpunished. 

I'm looking forward to the final because VAR is going to be used and no team in the whole of the football league foul at corners as much as For*st. Every set piece, McKenna, Garner and Cook wrestle the person they are marking to the floor. Just Hope that there is a strong ref and an even stronger VAR official

Samba pulled off a blinder at the end of extra time and with those penalty saves. Credit where it’s due.

Still. Forest v Huddersfield is an awful final in terms of quality. Our 2013-14 side would batter both.

In the past 10-15 years I’d say this is up there with Cardiff v Blackpool, Huddersfield v Reading and Bristol City v Hull in terms of lack of quality.

Not quite sure why the first Sheff Utd penalty taker stood on the spot for 4 mins when the ref was talking to the keepers.

Take your time!! Shocking penalties. 

Edited by Diego

I've never seen penalties handled so poorly by a referee. Oliver literally bent over backwards and let Samba do whatever he wanted throughout every penalty. Norwood was waiting to take his penalty for 90 seconds. Samba, took a drink, touched the crossbar (which isn't allowed, crossbar has to stop moving), went up to penalty taker, you name it, anything. Wasn't booked. Not to mention he was off his line for 2 of the penalties.

Steve Cook has his head switched on and gave a very good interview on sky just now.

I have no opinion on how theyll do, they’ve got a shot despite the overall performance tonight and I can’t begrudge them for getting there. Sheff United’s penalties were awful and unfortunately that was the difference.

Credit where credits due though, the Blades went and made it a really good game of football tonight ?

Edited by TuffLuff

If Sheffield United have a striker on the pitch they go through in extra time. Ndayie must be absolutely infuriating for a blades fan to watch, any half decent player has a hattrick with the chances he had tonight. Overall on the tie it deserved to go to penalties but tonight I do feel a bit sorry for sheffield united who'll be wondering what it could have been. I think the final is going to be a very nervy affair, if forest play like they did today they won't win, if they play as they did at Sheffield United they could give huddersfield a hiding. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

If Sheffield United have a striker on the pitch they go through in extra time. Ndayie must be absolutely infuriating for a blades fan to watch, any half decent player has a hattrick with the chances he had tonight. Overall on the tie it deserved to go to penalties but tonight I do feel a bit sorry for sheffield united who'll be wondering what it could have been. I think the final is going to be a very nervy affair, if forest play like they did today they won't win, if they play as they did at Sheffield United they could give huddersfield a hiding. 

See earlier comment

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Exactly how I saw it 

16 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Don’t hold on to the idea of Sambas antics, Sheff U’s pens were that bad anyway they didn’t deserve it.

I do and am desperately hoping that the version who grabs someones head after a goal kick turns up alongside a red card.  It's quite likely. 

Tonight reminded me of 07 against Southampton. 2-1 up from first leg scored early to make it 3-1, won on pens. It even pissed it down with rain that night. Also a manager who had lost a playoff semi and a playoff final. 

Hopefully the omens stop there as we went up that season

38 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Samba pulled off a blinder at the end of extra time and with those penalty saves. Credit where it’s due.

Still. Forest v Huddersfield is an awful final in terms of quality. Our 2013-14 side would batter both.

In the past 10-15 years I’d say this is up there with Cardiff v Blackpool, Huddersfield v Reading and Bristol City v Hull in terms of lack of quality.

Agree

forest are the better side, and v good one on their day

but jesus, we’re relying on huddersfield to save us..

bad season all Round lol