Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

28 minutes ago, Derbados said:

The irony of your comment is that is you and your inbred colleagues would be screeching your lungs out if it was the other way round.

They'd never be so hypocritical mate, they really wouldn't.... 

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/threads/38153-The-Disgrace-that-is-Watford!?highlight=Pozzos

15 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

because the rest of the division is crap

Absolutely it’s been dreadful standard this season with hardly any team able financially to strengthen their side apart from those with PP or ownership of clubs in Greece 

13 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Complaining John Oliver GIF

Yes its not fair and neither are parachute payments.

Clearly the EFL dont care how you cheat your way round FFP though, but i expect nothing less from them.

They went full meltdown over us selling the stadium but not a single word about you or watford. Such a piss poor organisation 

15 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ultimately, nobody would bat an eyelid at any of these if FFP didn’t exist.

It’s clearly broken. It was flawed from the start.

Scrap FFP and it would stop the likes of Wolves, Forest, Watford, Derby, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and many others from coming up with ‘creative methods’ to ultimately allow them to spend what they like.

We’re way past that though.

What Forest have done is wrong, but only in the context that swapping assets and having owner’s own sponsors fund the club is wrong too.

Scrap it all and just allow owners to spend what they want as long as they are forced to cover the debts.

Problem is how do you force the owners to cover debts? Also how would clubs deal with the financial implications of getting relegated from prem if they’ve spent a load of money in the premier league of parachute payments abolished? Could lead to desperate financial crisis at more clubs unless the income is narrowed more for prem teams / champ teams 

5 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Problem is how do you force the owners to cover debts? Also how would clubs deal with the financial implications of getting relegated from prem if they’ve spent a load of money in the premier league of parachute payments abolished? Could lead to desperate financial crisis at more clubs unless the income is narrowed more for prem teams / champ teams 

Personally i think relegation clauses should be mandatory for every player in the prem. Then you wont need parachute payments.

2 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Separate the accounts. Have a club account with limitations. But outside of that, the owner can spend his own money and however much he wants. FFP is ridiculous where each club has a different ceiling. Why should Man Utd’s ceiling be that much higher than say Southampton? Just let the owners spend what they want.

If you want to make it fair, then you can quite easily put in an overall salary cap. No club can spend more than £150m per year on wages. Then everyone has the same ceiling. 

13 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Good of you to show the complete number though.

I genuinely hope they get a lot of calls out of this.

wink-wink-nudge-nudge.gif

No opposable thumbs, they'll never pick up.  I assume they knock the scaffolding together with their foreheads when their not using them to attract a relative during mating season.

Back in 2003, David Johnson scored in both PO semi finals for "Them" v Sheff Utd.

Tonight, his son Brennan has emulated him.

Begrudging respect for that, I suppose!  ?

...Not looking like the Blades can emulate the result though, at this stage, but one can still hope!  ?  

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Back in 2003, David Johnson scored in both PO semi finals for "Them" v Sheff Utd.

Tonight, his son Brennan has emulated him.

Begrudging respect for that, I suppose!  ?

...Not looking like the Blades can emulate the result though, at this stage, but one can still hope!  ?  

Relying on a 37 yr old forward to last out a season has bit them on the arse.  Should have put a big mac and fries in Sambas pants and he'd have played like roadrunner on acid, injection or not. 

I can only put my mellowed chilldom down to this morning's good news, but I'm still a little uncomfortable about throwing a second begrudging respect the gumps way in less than an hour!  ?

Gotta say, that was a very wise and sensible decision by Cooper to hold his men back from the tunnel until the oppo had reached their dressing room.
It was getting a bit hand-baggy, and it seems all the home side need to do now is avoid any red cards, and they're on their way.
As I type, it's the same approach coming back out... Blades on the pitch, waiting for the home side to come back out.