Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

David

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Facing the very real possibility that in the same season as our absolute demise Forest will achieve what we have been pissing about trying to achieve for the past ten seasons or so.

The irony of it all.

If that is how it goes, just remember, when we got promoted, they were busy losing to Yeovil in the league one okay off. That was probably their lowest moment in the last 15 years, alongside our highest. The next year, we were getting 11pts and they were getting promoted.

swings and roundabouts. Hopefully next season we’ll be celebrating a storming season, running a way with league one, while they get 10pts with the threat of docked points upon returning to the championship.

they’re are always things to look forward to. 

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

We haven’t got there yet. Last night was great but the final is still very much a 50/50 game. 

We got away with it yesterday, if we play like that against an equally cynical Huddersfield side we’ll lose. 

Also, I’d offer congrats on your impending takeover but seems a little early yet? 

Have CK managed to prise himself away from the golf long enough to sort your stadium and HMRC issue? 

Hmrc is not an issue. Stadium not an issue for Ck. He just has to sign a lease with the new owner of PPS. 

1 hour ago, Shipley Ram said:

Ollie McBurnie seems to have got stuck in last night.

4 minutes ago, JfR said:

This is Sheffield United's assistant kitman's explanation of the situation

Anyway, even if he did hit him, he's just carrying on the spirit of Brian Clough

12 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Forest fans have really come out the woodwork this season.... I never ever see any forest shirts around Nottingham until last few weeks. Think it will be a close final, two decent teams. 

So true 

last however many years u wouldnt have a clue forest we’re this citys team, youd be fogiven for thinking its liverpool or Chelsea with all the shirts about but now theyre all crawling out now like flies round cack

5 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

What do you suggest, nobody with a criminal conviction is allowed entry? Maybe mandatory re-education lessons? 

The mentality of *some* football fans is the problem. Look at the Euros final. If we’re being real, that’ll never change. 

Bring back fences in the top two divisions for a season ! 

9 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

That's just crazy. Not his biggest fan but really hope he was OK after that. Apparently he needed stitches but FFS, he could have been seriously hurt or even died if he'd sparked out and cracked his head on something. Even just a firm pitch surface can be like getting hit by Tyson Fury if you hit the ground hard after losing temporary consciousness. Despicable stuff :? Jeez, just enjoy your night and don't be a dick. Hope he gets a lifetime ban - players shouldn't have to worry about this sort of sh@t.

Going to play devils advocate here.  I saw his behaviour after the game at Pride Park and his comments about us on the TV.  What would have happened with that pensioner if security wasn't at the bus.  Yes its a cowardly act but in my opinion behaviour of players winding up supporters to an unacceptable level has gone hand in hand with the crowd issues now happening.  The authorities will have to crack down on this but they need to crack down on players being nobs as well. 

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm pretty sure the vast majority who did go on the pitch were simply just overflowing with joy and not a single ounce of malice in doing it.

The ones who started agro with the sheff utd players staff aren't exactly high on the sympathy list.

They're like those Cicadas who only emerge out of the ground to mate every 17 years "then, like Forest they fade and die" . 

Reports this morning say the football authorities are considering stronger punishment for pitch invasions from next season, and haven't ruled out stadium closures. 

Well, they can start by making an example of a club right now, can't they?*

*But they won't, of course. 

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Going to play devils advocate here.  I saw his behaviour after the game at Pride Park and his comments about us on the TV.  What would have happened with that pensioner if security wasn't at the bus.  Yes its a cowardly act but in my opinion behaviour of players winding up supporters to an unacceptable level has gone hand in hand with the crowd issues now happening.  The authorities will have to crack down on this but they need to crack down on players being nobs as well. 

No, and I totally get that. Baiting fans is really not bright and regardless of the downright sick and unnecessary abuse that he has received Sharp hasn't exactly done anything to calm things down and IMHO he has been pretty irresponsible.

I remember years ago though when you'd occasionally get someone being an idiot and running on court at tennis tournaments and nobody thought at the time that it was anything other than annoying and harmless and then one day some random guy stabbed Monica Seles because he wanted Seffi Graff to win. With the extra intensity and passions at football, the potential of a really serious incident almost seems inevitable at some stage.

What's alarming is that you see flares on a regular basis at football grounds now and so clearly the prospect of getting a knife into a ground is a very real threat. 'Accident' waiting to happen.. ☹️

1 hour ago, Alty_Ram said:

No, and I totally get that. Baiting fans is really not bright and regardless of the downright sick and unnecessary abuse that he has received Sharp hasn't exactly done anything to calm things down and IMHO he has been pretty irresponsible.

I remember years ago though when you'd occasionally get someone being an idiot and running on court at tennis tournaments and nobody thought at the time that it was anything other than annoying and harmless and then one day some random guy stabbed Monica Seles because he wanted Seffi Graff to win. With the extra intensity and passions at football, the potential of a really serious incident almost seems inevitable at some stage.

What's alarming is that you see flares on a regular basis at football grounds now and so clearly the prospect of getting a knife into a ground is a very real threat. 'Accident' waiting to happen.. ☹️

Sharps a strange one.  The recent chants aimed at him are not something I would label against anyone without a basis of fact.  I do believe that same chant has been doing the rounds however this season, indeed at the time a load of Hull fans stated that one of their players had received exactly the same from Sheff Utd fans no less a week before.

What really irks me with this fella is that after the tragic death of his son, the first club to collect a large sum of money for his charity was Derby Countys fan base.  As I recall Jamie Ward is his best mate and a great effort was made by the the supporters here to get it off to a good start.  When he signed for Forest and a team photo was put up of the Brian Clough trophy he sent some comment asking what that piece of s**t was.  He'd played for it that afternoon so not the sharpest tool - no pun intended.  He then got a solitary -one awful reply about his son.  Now, whilst I understand this would be very upsetting, it was one idiot,  just like one idiot knocked him sparko the other evening.  Sharp has been all forgiving over this and stated he appreciates it's not the fanbase.  Shame he didn't give a group of supporters down the other end of the A52 the same benefit after so many put there hand in their pocket for him, or remember it when he slated the club online in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Reports this morning say the football authorities are considering stronger punishment for pitch invasions from next season, and haven't ruled out stadium closures. 

Well, they can start by making an example of a club right now, can't they?*

*But they won't, of course. 

Don't give them ideas, we will end up playing behind closed doors due to the pitch invasion against Southampton in 2007. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Don't give them ideas, we will end up playing behind closed doors due to the pitch invasion against Southampton in 2007. 

Yes, loads of clubs have had pitch invasions that have had the odd idiot (or more in some cases) interacting with players in a violent fashion (us included, on more than one occasion). My point was more that it would be entirely typical for the football authorities to finally decide to introduce draconian measures AFTER a particularly bad incident, but not to apply those new measures to the club that has triggered them into action. I think Forest will escape major punishment, but the next team won't be so fortunate.

This might cause a few passing observers to do a double-take, but I can think of loads of worse examples than the other night of pitch invasions turning nasty and the FA/EFL response has been far from a deterrent (see Millwall as a prime example), either to the fans of the club concerned or to fans of other clubs. I hope they do take it seriously this time, even if it means that clubs have to consider taking the areas closet to the pitch out of action, because the alternative may be barriers and fences again, and no true fan wants that.