I am looking forward to tomorrow now

B4ev6is

Well I am feeling quite confident that we can make a good start to the season Derby are the under dogs this season but i think this will play into our hands and yes i feel for roony not got the backing he had hoped for but Derby do have decent young players I know many are worried but I am not but other hand about ownership I am concerned.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Well I am feeling quite confident that we can make a good start to the season Derby are the under dogs this season but i think this will play into our hands and yes i feel for roony not got the backing he had hoped for but Derby do have decent young players I know many are worried but I am not but other hand about ownership I am concerned.

Good lad B4 - At least someone is looking forward to it

COYR

3 minutes ago, DCFCJim87 said:

Just a reminder we scored 36 goals in 46 games last season. We've lost Waghorn from that attack and signed nobody from an attacking point of view. I'd love to know where people are getting this optimism that we're suddenly going to start winning games or that the first 11 is even half decent. 

Because it’s football!

Well Richard's is looking sharp and fit and cashin looks like a good young players and we also jack station and that young Irish player that could add goals for us . And when consider joswick might play a bit further forward that he did last season and plus max bird got his first goal that will give the lads some confordance.

With the players available to start we have very experienced and capable back four. 

A midfield containing a decent Scots man and at least two depending on formation of the young players most wanted in the team last season. 

A forward line of a current international from the euro's a Welsh international who maybe feels he has a point to prove and a journeyman striker who did OK last year. 

So a few clubs would be ok with that.... But I will grant you we have a lack of depth

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well Richard's is looking sharp and fit and cashin looks like a good young players and we also jack station and that young Irish player that could add goals for us . And when consider joswick might play a bit further forward that he did last season and plus max bird got his first goal that will give the lads some confordance.

Joswick I love it. Let’s hope he knocks some in.

Just now, Foreveram said:

Might as well be a Man City fan then

Don't have much of a choice about it do I? 

Fan(atic) comes from the latin fanaticus - to do with being from a temple. or a member of the temple

My point being - You can no more choose your football team than you can choose to believe in god - You either have that particularly unfortunate 'faith' or you don't 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well said @B4ev6is 

If the players have your passion we don’t have anything to worry about. 

I’m also looking forward to the game tomorrow. It’s been a long time coming getting to a competitive game with the lock down. 

These young lads will never have a better opportunity of staking a claim as a first team regular due to the shortage of senior players. I just hope they prove that they’re good enough and don’t let the occasion get the better of them. 

Regardless of what Rooney said we ARE the underdogs due to our current situation, but I love that. Hopefully the sense of entitlement and expectations that have plagued us the last 4-5 years will have gone away.

It's certainly going to be interesting.

I dunno if it's the usual preseason unsubstantiated and unrealistic optimism but I actually think, despite everything stacked against us, that we'll be ok.

Sure, lower half of the table but, so long as the points deduction is not more than 6 points, we'll be safe from relegation.

COYR ?

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

If your a supporter why would you not look forward to the first game of the season 

In my case it's because I feel excited, happy, anxious and very apprehensive all at the same time. I guess a lot of fans feel the same way. I am looking forward to the first game of the season but not looking forward to it at the same time. So much joy that fans are back in the stadium supporting our team and yet anxious about our prospects. Mixed emotions! Do you feel the same? ?

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

enjoy it mate and give it a good old sing-song. I'll be there in spirit (but far too lazy to get my fat behind off the sofa in person) ?