v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

1 minute ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

I would say the Euros will have hampered his fitness. More time off, joining the squad later means he isn’t likely to be up to the speed of the other players. Not excusing his performance today, just saying let’s give him time. 

Give him time? He’s already had one full season and produced nothing. We’ve heard all the excuses regarding last season and that’s done and dusted. I’m not buying the Euros as an excuse either, his finished 23rd June. He needs to deliver in a Rams shirt and quickly. 

8 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

From what I read in the embargo thread Jags is a non starter. Used our quota up with Morrison’s signing today apparently. 

Currently that’s true but if Marshall moves on that would free up a spot 

12 minutes ago, jono said:

Hey ho .. a win would have been great but a draw was a fair result. They were a big side, not shy in the tackle and shirt pulling department.

Fantastic to be back .. great atmosphere 

As others have said Joz was ok today but not as dangerous as you would like to think. Not his best game.

I thought Fozzy had a great game, won lots in the air and some tidy head ons and line balls in the right place. He is an intelligent footballer, past his prime, but there’s some real quality there. Winced in the second half when he went down .. but all ok thank goodness.

Kaz.. Bulwark. He is so tough ! .. needs runners closer
Midfield do ok but we lie too deep. Bird is a good player but he’s better further up. He’s more creative than he’s given credit for but can’t show it where he is on the pitch. 

Watson .. continued to look like a cracking prospect. Hungry, aggressive, quick .. booking he got was harsh. I want to see replays because I’d bet that was a penno 

Curtis and Stearman .. both did damned well considering the press, but they did look stretched when Hudds played the channels

Byrne Lawrence Shinnie all worked and competed hard 

Festy and Sibbo added some much needed Zip, muscle and threat.

Shout out for Roos .. some great saves, dealt with their high press well and that save with his right foot was instinctive skill and top drawer. 

Ref and east stand Lino get 4/10 .. some very poor decisions and unbalanced card issuing relative to offences. Some blatant shirt pulling .. pushing to get a corner and a 50/50 against Watson that didn’t just go against him (ok)  it got him a card. (Not ok )

looking forward to Tuesday ??????

Me and you were at the same game, Jono! ??

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

YEEESSSSS

2 hours ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Curtis!

2 hours ago, w8sey said:

Curtis Davies 1:0

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

The man the legend

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Curtis assisted by Holmes?

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Davis with an assist from Duane Holmes. Always a Ram ?

2 hours ago, DerbyRam! said:

Comeeeeeee onnnnnnnnnnnn Derrrrbbbbyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

1-0 to the rams!!!!

No clear goal scorer. From the corner, mix of about 3 players could claim it 

2 hours ago, Broderick said:

Yes!!! A goal that perfectly fits this game too lol. 

giphy.gif

Oops!  Sorry!  Was at the match!  
Still, better late than never!

Probably best if someone takes over the matchday Thunderbirds gif, what with me being a full free-seat fan, and not being sat at home with free RamsTV access anymore.
Any half fans out there fancy the job?  It's not too daunting if I'm honest, and usually only requires no more than one gif a game... if that!

???    

That was as good as we can expect for now. Lacking quality but not lacking effort and determination, which is something we've lacked for a while. I hope Rooney has instilled an "us against the world" mentality into the players and we continue like this. A couple more additions (god knows how that will happen) and the great escape could be on. COYR. 

Thought we did okay today. Final third is where we need to improve.

I thought Forsyth was excellent, real outlet in terms of his aerial ability when it is pinged out to him.

Centre half pairing was steady, thought their strikers suited them however as it was a wrestling match most of the time. Be interesting when they play against a pacey striker that likes to run in behind. Think they will struggle. 

Bird okay, missing at times. Shinnie wasn’t great IMO, as we all know tackling and breaking up play is his strength. Clear to see anything technical he struggles with.

Colin held the ball up well against their giant centre half and linked up play. Watson was excellent before he came off. 

Sibley and Festy were great. Festy is a real athlete, strong and pure power and pace. Gets in the team above Jozwiak for me. He was woeful, weak and nothing about him. Hates a battle and has no winger qualities (did he even cross the ball once?) I’d sell as soon as a bid comes in from some foreign club.

Overall an enjoyable afternoon with some decent play at times. We will play better teams than Hudds however.

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

When was the last time we won  a championship match.? We have our troubles but a win would be a boost all around.  Just can’t see it happening under Rooney as he doesn’t have the tactical or managerial nous to affect games.

I'd rather take the view that we're unbeaten this season 

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Currently that’s true but if Marshall moves on that would free up a spot 

Oh, that’s handy. I misunderstood, I though that was our lot. The big question for me though is will Jagielka wait for that to happen ? Might somebody slip in on the blindside and offer him better terms ? And will there be any interest in Marshall come to think of it ?

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Oh, that’s handy. I misunderstood, I though that was our lot. The big question for me though is will Jagielka wait for that to happen ? Might somebody slip in on the blindside and offer him better terms ? And will there be any interest in Marshall come to think of it ?

Not many out there who want to give a contract to a 38 year old - hopefully we do 

26 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

don't agree with that. Pre-season has been ok. We have had the players there for majority of it just not officially signed

In his post-match interview, Rooney said the players have had a good pre-season. I assume he's talking from the point of view of establishing a level of fitness to take the squad through a full Championship campaign. Uncertainty about who would actually be in that starting squad may have hampered team play patterns, deadball routines and partnerships between certain players - interesting that Davies said today was the first time he and Stearman had played together as a central defensive pair.

Decent result, decent performance. Think draw was a fair result overall - we didnt do enough to win & the chances we had weren't guilt edged. Couple of efforts from Sibley, an effort from Kazim after a great ball from Forsyth (?) & a couple of digs from outside the box from Bird & Shinnie. Nothing much first half at all.

Thought we played too deep generally & consequently struggled to stretch them, Lawrence was often picking the ball up in the DM role & thought Jozwiak looked off it all day...missed a very obvious overlap to Sibley too. Bird & Shinnie were quiet also & Louie Watson looked anonymous at times. Not surprised the side was a little disjointed given the events of the past few days but need to move the ball quicker & need more options going forward.

Defensively we looked OK, Davies & Stearman very steady, Roos was good as was Forsyth but we looked very vulnerable at set pieces. Criminal to allow a free header for their goal though (think Kazim lost his man)

Overall, I'll take it. Good to be back & a platform to build from.

So what happens Tuesday? Morrison brings us up to 23 so does that mean the likes of Thompson, Cashin, Williams can’t play?

The smart money says players will be rested and some will need it…..

Bird looked like he was carrying an injury to me. CKR won’t be playing Saturday / Tuesdays (hopefully Stretton will be fit?), Lawrence may need a rest if he took a knock…

Or now we’re at 23 are we able to use academy players just like any other club?