v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

Just now, brady1993 said:

Personally would have rather gone a different way than Stearman at the back but it was fairly obvious that's the we'd go. My primary concern with that back 4 is by necessity we kind of have to play deep but its that versus rolling the dice on untested players. 

It is disappointing for Sibley but really not unexpected. If I'm being positive about it; it could well be tactical with Rooney earmarking Sibley as competition for Lawrence as a goal-scoring 10 that looks to get into positions in the box and then utilising more of a playmaker as the left sided player with Watson being an approximation of Morrison (who was clearly earmarked for that position). 

Ha, yes no high lines with that back 4 but hopefully it gives space for Bird & Watson to play. Looking forward to see how they deal with Huddersfield's high press...harder to do for them with more of the field to cover.

Hope you're right about Sibley..my instinct says he doesnt have Rooney's confidence & don't want the situation to end with Louie leaving out of frustration.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

7 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Hutchinson a DM for me, dont think he has the tricks/pace or delivery to be a LW

I agree if that was how we play the wingers but pre season has seen them rotate inside so the width is from the full backs.

Watson will spend most of the game inside and Forsyth will provide the width. Against Salford Hutchinson picked up those positions as a 10 several times before Sibley did to provide the goal.