The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

2 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Hi I’m new to the forum. Nice to meet everyone.

I’ve got to admit that although well intentioned (like a lot of Morris’s reign) the fan meeting has caused more drama, confusion and division. 

I really hope we can sign those 8 players we are trying to frantically sign as it gives us at least a level playing field.

just a question if anyone is more informed then me, I remember reading Stoke recorded a loss of over £90 million last season alone how have they escaped any punishment and happy has Larry paid £5 million for a striker?

Welcome @simmoram1995.  Hold on tight - it's a fun ride here!

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To be fair, he was the only manager since Clough to give Bennett a chance - it only took 5 years.
Bogle was down to luck more than anything, else we couldn't find a suitable loan for him (as he hadn't had any prior first team experience)
He was a big fan of Bird and was slowly introducing him into the team. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if he was here for another season.

I'd say he was mixed. You have examples like Bogle and Bennett alongside a handful of players getting circled into the squad like JML, Bird and Knight.

But on the flip side he brings in Malone (and later Cole) pushing out Lowe, signs Waghorn and Mariott with Nugent and Martin still on the books and makes a couple other "unecessary signings".

Purely hypothetically I do wonder how he would have got on if he had more stringent restrictions on him giving most of his high performers were young players.

36 minutes ago, David said:

This is the first post I have seen since opening the thread, and the perfect one to say I'm sorry if you have messaged/mentioned me and I have ignored you, this morning has been chaos in all honesty, I'm not being lazy, haven't stopped since 8am.

I am now just finalising things by getting a couple of points fact checked to ensure that what I put out is completely accurate and not spend the day/evening correcting myself. 

Feel like I'm apologising a lot lately, it's just I want to you to know I'm not trying my best here, not looking to tease this out, get more views, likes, attention, nothing of the sort.

I'm being sent screenshots of abuse, tweets and posts asking to verify all morning across different platforms, I'm asking you to please stop, in fact please don't even react to this thread as it will only add further to my notifications I have to work through. Never had to deal with anything on this scale before and in all honesty, I'm struggling as I don't want to ignore any of you.

Thanks again to the many for understanding on the forum, love you all and the positive support from last night makes me proud of what we have all created, I just need a bit more time. ??

How to keep the stakeholders up to date that something is progressing, without actually needing to be too specific. Imagine if Derby County had such clear communication! Looking forward to seeing what you have to share.

13 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Each to their own

I think (especially in a relegation battle) matches can come down to the smallest increments and that's where having leadership figures makes a difference - The ability to pull a defence together to see out the win/draw in the last few minutes - Organising the defence in such a away that you're able to spot the gaps and direct people to fill them - Pushing the team on when they're flagging - Taking responsibility for the ball further up the pitch and holding on to it when options aren't available - Giving the more talented players the support and encouragement to try a pass or a run despite any grief they might get from the fans/manager for failure 

I think we have a lot of talented youngsters coming through - But they need those kind of leadership figures (or experienced old heads maybe) who can help give them confidence - Shinnie is essentially a relative newbie as a midfielder as is Wisdom as a CB - These guys are still learning their own position so can't impart that confidence in other people

Oh I get your point and to a large extent agree with you, having leadership figures in the squad is really useful especially for blending in academy players. I was more just musing on it as an issue as I'm not convinced it was the primary issue last season and I often think it's given a disproportional amount of attention and importance (especially when it's purely about experience and not necessarily how good a leader they are). 

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Oh I get your point and to a large extent agree with you, having leadership figures in the squad is really useful especially for blending in academy players. I was more just musing on it as an issue as I'm not convinced it was the primary issue last season and I often think it's given a disproportional amount of attention and importance (especially when it's purely about experience and not necessarily how good a leader they are). 

I think the primary issue is one that only Cocu out of our previous 6 managers (ie, since Mac1) managed to spot is that a big unit who can tackle and provide the defence some cover is pretty much essential for us

But with a couple more leaders/experienced players in that side last year we'd have had more results like the ground out draw against Sheff Weds and fewer late goals and single goal losses

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think the primary issue is one that only Cocu out of our previous 6 managers (ie, since Mac1) managed to spot is that a big unit who can tackle and provide the defence some cover is pretty much essential for us

Possibly. I do think though that Bielik was doing a lot more heavy lifting tactically than merely being the primary defensive cover. At the time he was simultaneously the sole playmaker, the defensive anchor, the only player consistently looking to get on the ball and one of few players capable of carrying the ball. Basically I think we were really wonky tactically but got away with it because Bielik is an excellent player who could paper over the cracks.

11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

But with a couple more leaders/experienced players in that side last year we'd have had more results like the ground out draw against Sheff Weds and fewer late goals and single goal losses

Yeah that's quite possible to be honest but likewise I'd bet a reasonable amount of money that if we'd have just played Sibley as a 10 whenever he was a fit we'd have scored quite a few more even if he did have the odd duff game or 2.

32 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’ve being following this forum for years, finally wanted to be part of this amazing community, as although the current situation is dire we are all fans in this together! 

Give it time, think your confusing amazing with bunch of window lickers ?

Edited by mwram1973

7 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

We're 48 hours away from asking the trialist to pay a £30 signing on fee and set up a £20 a month direct debit for pitch and ref fees ?

Surley we can at least give them them the national minimum wage? ?