Are we or the EFL to blame?

Puta-DCFC

Do you blame the ongoing EFL issues on Mel/the club or an EFL vendetta?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There seems to be quite a bit of division in the fans as to if we/Mel have warranted all of the EFL attention and litigation or whether infact, the extent of it is not justified and we therefor conclude that it is an agenda/vendetta of the EFL against either or both the club and Mel.

What do you think & why?

Edited by Puta-DCFC

17 minutes ago, Puta-DCFC said:

There seems to be quite a bit of division in the fans as to if we/Mel have warranted all of the EFL attention and litigation or whether infact, the extent of it is not justified and we therefor conclude that it is an agenda/vendetta of the EFL against either or both the club and Mel.

What do you think & why?

I have personally voted for club as a whole as the truth is alot of the fans  were behind it when we were doing well and in the playoffs and if we had reached the Prem, Mel would be a genuis and we would be laughing at the the EFL's attempts to catch up with us.

The EFL on strings with boro and Leeds image comes to mind which has not aged well at all, many fans enjoyed this time and felt pretty powerful as a club.

Many were laughing and being very showy offy on social media to other fans when Mel released statements condemning the EFL and their stance almost as if there was pride in what was happening.

I did not vote for Mel despite it being his actions and the reasons above being why. His actions were to try and benefit the club and many supported that as long as it did benefit the club.

Edited by Puta-DCFC

A ton of things are to blame, but ultimately it’s down to the Mel Morris. He didn’t need to kick the can down the road with regards to amortisation. He’s not posted the accounts, ultimately his decision making has led us to this point.

The EFL on the other hand are knowingly making life difficult knowing that what damage it’s going to cause, not just for Mel Morris but for the club and the fans of the club. Relegation significantly hurts this club and it would take a miracle of the highest intervention for this club not to finish in the bottom three this coming season. Huddersfield would put 5 past us without breaking a sweat. 

27 minutes ago, Puta-DCFC said:

What do you think & why?

Need to add another category, Bit of both ?

I voted Mel. I did this despite approving all he said and done in the early days but...I had total faith in him because of his apparent track record as a businessman. I thought you can’t amass that kind of fortune without being canny.

I now wonder if Mel was no more than a tea boy to the brains of the operations and was taken along for the ride by them because he was a nice guy and made a good cup of tea. ?‍♂️

If he had got us to the promised land and we were in a comfortable position up there, I’d probably had a portrait of him tattooed on one of my arse cheeks but he didn’t and I haven’t as ultimately he’s not quite what it said on the tin.

He calls/called the shots, success and he’s a hero, lauded by thousands, maybe rightly so but when the man currently the club manager says the pride and dignity has gone from the club, that’s a pretty damning indictment of his tenure don’t you think?

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Ultimately it's Mel and the decisions he has made as owner of the club. He has given the EFL the opportunity to do what they are doing to us. 

I think we gave the EFL little opportunity to do anything other than charge us.  We almost got away with it until Gibbo started his campaign

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure what the second category club as a whole embodies?

Like Morris is the steward of the club so how the club behaves is an reflection of his leadership or am I being too deep.

I took the club as a whole to be Morris and Pearson. 

They are the only 2 people that sign off on anything to do with signings, ST prices, Amortisation policies, advertising, sponsors, sackings and recruitment. 

The blame lies at their door imo

1 minute ago, jcidaho said:

I doubt Morris was hands on with signings like BJ, Butterfield and Anya. At some point you have to delegate and trust the people serving you. 

This is a valid point. Recruitment hasn't been good enough. But the man at the top always takes responsibility. Why were they employed to do the job in the first place? Why has nothing changed? Where is the leadership? 

1 hour ago, Puta-DCFC said:

What do you think & why?

Efl have it in for Derby they hated us ever since we started get a little bit of success they have shown they are after to try to destroy us and gibson.