v Salford City - Pre Season Friendly

Day

16 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yes it's pre-season. I get that many will say results don't matter and it's about fitness. 

But this is wrong. As a club we're in a terrible position. The players need to believe they can score goals. We need to get into the habit of winning, and grab the confidence that brings. 

There was only one player on the pitch who looked like he really cared about winning, who was desperate to win his own battles, whose every thought was forward. 

If Rooney seriously can't see Louie Sibley is our only hope to get something out of this season, then we are already relegated. 

I’m still can’t get my head round the fact that he played Morrison instead of Sibley and then said he can’t sign Morrison anyway!

7 hours ago, Ramarena said:

I’m still can’t get my head round the fact that he played Morrison instead of Sibley and then said he can’t sign Morrison anyway!

I reckon he wants Sibley undamaged and hungry, Then to get as much of a look at Morrison as possible ? 

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yes it's pre-season. I get that many will say results don't matter and it's about fitness. 

But this is wrong. As a club we're in a terrible position. The players need to believe they can score goals. We need to get into the habit of winning, and grab the confidence that brings. 

There was only one player on the pitch who looked like he really cared about winning, who was desperate to win his own battles, whose every thought was forward. 

If Rooney seriously can't see Louie Sibley is our only hope to get something out of this season, then we are already relegated. 

You are better than this mate 

8 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Please play Sibbo Wazza, he is the enigma in this team that you are yet to appreciate. Trust LS and we could see a different Derby County to that which just lost to duck SALFORD CITY WTF ? 

That would be Sibley who on the one hand played a decent pass for our goal and on the other hand got booked for a snidey tackle not long after? He was only on the pitch in a friendly for about 20 minutes.

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

You missed seeing Morrison have a go at Baldock for not shooting then? He wants to win. I imagine Jags and Byrne and Marshall and Stearman and Caroll etc do too. Did they all need to get booked for a petulant tackle to prove it?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

You missed seeing Morrison have a go at Baldock for not shooting then? He wants to win. I imagine Jags and Byrne and Marshall and Stearman and Caroll etc do too. Did they all need to get booked for a petulant tackle to prove it?

Mate Carl and the Sibley clan are relentless.

Hes good but still learning.

The Sibley clan don’t do anyone any favours at DCFC it’s disrespectful to all the other players 

20 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Mate Carl and the Sibley clan are relentless.

Hes good but still learning.

The Sibley clan don’t do anyone any favours at DCFC it’s disrespectful to all the other players 

Crikey,praising Sibley for his football is disrespectful to the other players?

And Roy,are you seriously saying that Morrison with all of his past and well publicised lapses in personal behaviour on and off the pitch is suddenly going to become an angel and model of discipline?

You praise his will to win but then criticise Sibley for his passion on the pitch?...that lad lives and breathes Derby,he's supported us all of his life and contributed more to the game in terms of positive attacking in 20 minutes than anyone managed in the entire game.

It's hard for fans not to praise a bright spark and talent in a sea of meh..I'd of thought Rooney was pleased to see that himself.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Crikey,praising Sibley for his football is disrespectful to the other players?

And Roy,are you seriously saying that Morrison with all of his past and well publicised lapses in personal behaviour on and off the pitch is suddenly going to become an angel and model of discipline?

You praise his will to win but then criticise Sibley for his passion on the pitch?...that lad lives and breathes Derby,he's supported us all of his life and contributed more to the game in terms of positive attacking in 20 minutes than anyone managed in the entire game.

It's hard for fans not to praise a bright spark and talent in a sea of meh..I'd of thought Rooney was pleased to see that himself.

Easy to be a super sub for 20 minutes.

Sibley did great but let’s dis all the other players and at he’s our only hope. 

No not having it. 

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hyperbole.

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Easy to be a super sub for 20 minutes.

Sibley did great but let’s dis all the other players and at he’s our only hope. 

No not having it. 

I haven't seen much criticism of the players, curtain's,more of Wayne.

I couldn't mark out a player who didn't try their hardest yesterday,including Morrison,that wasn't the issue.

Praising Sibley shouldn't be taken as a threat to Rooney.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I haven't seen much criticism of the players, curtain's,more if Wayne.

Except often the praise of Sibley is 'so Rooney doesn't know what he's doing cos he's not playing him/building a team around him. So Rooney must go'!

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I haven't seen much criticism of the players, curtain's,more if Wayne.

I couldn't mark out a player who didn't try their hardest yesterday,including Morrison.

I have no issue praising Sibley. 

I have issues saying he’s our last hope. 

I watched the game on Rams TV and watched the highlights again today. 

We did ok and individually some good performances.

I am quite encouraged but obviously it depends on the squad we have as lots of players on trial. 

Getting Centre Backs will be vital and you could have Sibley playing every game but without a defense you can forget it  

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Does it have to be an either/or with Sibley and Morrison? 

I thought both played well and both looked committed to the cause yesterday.

4-4-2 a possibility with Morrison up top with CKR and a midfield with Jozwiak/ Ebosele on the right and Sibley on the left. 

Shinnie alongside Bird or Carroll.