Starting line up for the first game of the season.

sage

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Roos

Byrne  Cashin Forsyth Williams

Bird    Shinnie

Jozwiak      Sibley     Lawrence 

CKR

Marshall , J. Brown, Thompson, Ebosele, McDonald, err....

I like the sound of Err… swap him with Sibley (even though he’ll be playing out of position) as there’s no way on earth Rooney will start Sibley. 

8 minutes ago, sage said:

Roos

Bird    Shinnie

CKR

Yep,so as we thought and suspected,no new players in.

Encouraged by the passion of the academy kids against notts county however but crikey we are going to have a fight on our hands.

In many ways I'd rather we went down fighting with our academy lads giving it their all for their club than a bunch of short term contract pensioners who care nothing for us.

Looks like Wayne was sadly out of the loop again too in relation to our in's....

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Roos

Bird    Shinnie

CKR

This is Rooney. Sibley on the bench, Lawrence central, Watson or Hutchinson LW.

Stretton also on the bench.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This is Rooney. Sibley on the bench, Lawrence central, Watson or Hutchinson LW.

Stretton also on the bench.

I'd love to see Sibley be properly coached and utilised effectively.

After notts county and our lack of other resources,Rooney will surely make more use of him this season.

13 minutes ago, sage said:

Roos

Bird    Shinnie

CKR

I’d back that XI to be competitive. Cerainly doesn’t look like a side which would get hammered every week.

Without an adequate bench for injuries, suspension and tiredness, it’s going to be a tough ask for them to starve off relegation though.

Edited by Bris Vegas

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Wonder whether Rooney might be talking to one of the purchasers rather than the club 

Timelines look out of whack though...if you take the output from last night at face value then there is no imminent investment to make deals happen. 

And you'd think Mel would have been wise to agreeing deals on a "gentlemens agreement" with a prospective buyer, as wasn't it that scenario that has delivered Rooney as manager on a 2.5 year deal.... 

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Timelines look out of whack though...if you take the output from last night at face value then there is no imminent investment to make deals happen. 

And you'd think Mel would have been wise to agreeing deals on a "gentlemens agreement" with a prospective buyer, as wasn't it that scenario that has delivered Rooney as manager on a 2.5 year deal.... 

Mel said there are several buyer groups in the mix. Wonder whether he said that to try to get the leading group over the line.

Not sure the club even has the bandwidth to properly deal with numerous suitors 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Mel said there are several buyer groups in the mix. Wonder whether he said that to try to get the leading group over the line.

I doubt it, the ticket office struggles with multiple customers!

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The quote from PunjabiRams was 'investment'?

9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’d back that XI to be competitive. Cerainly doesn’t look like a side which would get hammered every week.

Without an adequate bench for injuries, suspension and tiredness, it’s going to be a tough ask for them to starve off relegation though.

That's what I was thinking. That front 6 could be pretty decent. Plus we've got Byrne and 2 ok championship keepers. 

Obviously the defence is understrength, but if we can bring in a couple more there, we'll have a decent first 11.

If we can keep reasonably free of injuries and 2 or 3 academy players turn out to be good enough to start, we might get through to January in a relitavley ok position.

Hopefully Bielik could be back then, Knight too, and the world will have hopefully changed for the better.

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I really wouldn't tbh. Bird and Shinnie are as bad a duo as I can remember in the middle when playing together. Both last season and this pre-season when I've seen them together it's looked shocking almost each and every time. Neither suit each other's game and don't offer enough either defensively or going forward. A defensive duo of Forsyth and Cashin hardly fills me with confidence and where are the goals coming from? CKR and Lawrence if they have good seasons for them will get 8-10 goals a piece but there are few other goal outlets- Sibley might get 5 or 6 if he's played regularly I guess. Then you've got an untried left back and a goalie who is error prone. 

Edited by Leeds Ram