Starting line up for the first game of the season.

sage

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

How about

Roos

Byrne            Jagielka        Wisdom        Buchanan

Ebosele          Bird         Shinnie         Forsyth 

Morrison

CKR

Assuming three signings, two at CB. Not convinced Davies is match fit, or indeed that we could have him and Jags together.

Ebosele for pure pace and Forsyth for defensive cover for Buchanan so they can take it in turns to attack.

Morrison given no role other than to attack. Solid but dangerous on the break.

Jozwiak and Lawrence flatter to deceive too often. No crosses, no goals.

More to the point  would U pay best part of £30 twitch that line up ? Lol

id rather go Chuck the same amount of cash at a couple of tins dulux brilliant white,  throw them on the wall and see how they set ?

How about

Roos

Morrison

CKR

Assuming three signings, two at CB. Not convinced Davies is match fit, or indeed that we could have him and Jags together.

Ebosele for pure pace and Forsyth for defensive cover for Buchanan so they can take it in turns to attack.

Sorry … total gash. Whatever you think of Lawrence he can break a line and create something. Oh ! And he does score goals. He doesn’t do it often enough but it’s there. Joz beats his man and works like a Trojan … leaving those two out is just defeatist self flagellation. 

How about

Roos

Morrison

CKR

What about Louise Watson ? This is going to be their season 

Rooney won't pick this side in a million years as it has Sibley in the starting lineup. For one game, presuming we haven't made signings but hope to, we simply cannot take up the space for a potential signing by giving a debut to someone from the academy. You've got to think of the whole season rather than one match. Max Bird is a level headed intelligent footballer who can play centre half if he has to, though Rooney should have given him some practice. I don't understand people putting 5 foot nothing Byrne in the centre half role.

Roos

Byrne      Bird     Forsyth      Buchanan

Shinnie

Watson     Sibley

Jozwiak     Kazim-Richards     Lawrence

Subs:  Marshall   Ebosele   McDonald   Stretton   Hutchinson

By my reckoning that's all the players of senior standing we have at the club apart from the injured Knight and Bielik, though I feel I might be missing someone.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Rooney won't pick this side in a million years as it has Sibley in the starting lineup. For one game, presuming we haven't made signings but hope to, we simply cannot take up the space for a potential signing by giving a debut to someone from the academy. You've got to think of the whole season rather than one match. Max Bird is a level headed intelligent footballer who can play centre half if he has to, though Rooney should have given him some practice. I don't understand people putting 5 foot nothing Byrne in the centre half role.

Roos

Shinnie

Watson     Sibley

By my reckoning that's all the players of senior standing we have at the club apart from the injured Knight and Bielik, though I feel I might be missing someone.

Rooney not picking Sibley is everything you need to know about him.

Roos

Byrne.       Jagielka.     Davies.      Buchanan 

Bird.               Shinnie

Joz.            Sibbo/Lawrence ———>Aluko 

Bullock/CKR 

Last half an hour or so: Sibbo & CKR if they doesn’t start. 

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Rooney not picking Sibley is everything you need to know about him.

Footiemum was harshly pilloried for venturing into this dangerous area. If you look at Bird, Buchanan, Knight, Watson and Sibley, Sibley is not imho the strongest and he may be towards the bottom of the list. Not because of temperament as is often said but for other reasons including that he lacks the pace to make use of his considerable god given talents.  I think and hope we’ll see significant development this season in Watson and Bird. And Sibley of course. 
To take a very different tack, I wonder whether Mel has a bit of a crush on Sibley and whether Rooney is asserting himself by limiting his playing time. 

Edited by kevinhectoring

20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Roos

Shinnie

Watson     Sibley

The one you're missing is Jordon Brown, my choice for CB if we don't sign anyone.

25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Roos

Shinnie

Watson     Sibley

I really like the look of that side. I might be tempted to start Bird in one of the AM places .. his confidence will be high after the goal and I think he is better higher up the pitch, rather than as a deputy DM that was tried last year. ?

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The one you're missing is Jordon Brown, my choice for CB if we don't sign anyone.

Thanks. He's come off the bench once for the first team hasn't he? Which IIRC makes him "of professional standing". At this stage I'd still take Max Bird at centre half but nice to also have Brown on the bench if he's fit.

2 minutes ago, jono said:

I really like the look of that side. I might be tempted to start Bird in one of the AM places .. his confidence will be high after the goal and I think he is better higher up the pitch, rather than as a deputy DM that was tried last year. ?

I agree, and let's be honest, he's just warming the seat for Bielik when he returns from injury. Bird lacks something to be that holding/defensive midfielder. He's played better when he's given a bit of freedom to play further forwards. He's got an eye for a pass but when he's played deep, he just ends up passing sideways and backwards.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Thanks. He's come off the bench once for the first team hasn't he? Which IIRC makes him "of professional standing". At this stage I'd still take Max Bird at centre half but nice to also have Brown on the bench if he's fit.

Yes he's the 19th one of supposed professional standing. You named 16 + there's Bielik & Knight of course.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Ps. Bird did start off as a centre half before being converted into a midfielder so it's not the worst idea @Carl Sagan

Yeah that was what I dimly remembered. I would try hard to sign Jagielka and move Bird to right-side midfield, but my expectation is we won't sign anyone before the first match.

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Roos

Shinnie

Watson     Sibley

Like that.

Our talents driving the midfield and out strongest wingers up with our holding number 9.

A good manager will make full use of Sibley and Watson running off ckr ala brys and Hendrick back in the day.

I doubt Rooney's that manager sadly but I'd be delighted for him to prove me wrong.

(I can't see it tho,I don't know what's going on with him and sibbers)

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong