Starting line up for the first game of the season.

sage

29 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

If we can sign 4 trialists + Davies 

I'd sign: Jagielka, Wisdom, Carroll and Baldock

image.png.0dd6849c85289d9280328067e5f14077.png

Not having a dig or ote, but why Wisdom? He has been recovering from an injury so not fully fit and now he is ill so missed last night and set to miss the Notts Co game, so why him to sit on the bench ahead of someone like Aluko/Morrison who have started all pre-season games and are more likely to start?

20 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not having a dig or ote, but why Wisdom? He has been recovering from an injury so not fully fit and now he is ill so missed last night and set to miss the Notts Co game, so why him to sit on the bench ahead of someone like Aluko/Morrison who have started all pre-season games and are more likely to start?

Because we have no CB's and can't risk relying on Jagielka and Davies staying uninjured until January at least. As much as I'd like to gamble on someone like Morrison it's not worth it. Aluko would be useful but with Lawrence, Sibley, Watson and Jozwiak in that position, and with the CB crisis, there's other priorities.

If Mengi is available I'd have him instead of Wisdom.

Edited by DCFC Kicks

1 hour ago, DCFC Kicks said:

If we can sign 4 trialists + Davies 

I'd sign: Jagielka, Wisdom, Carroll and Baldock

image.png.0dd6849c85289d9280328067e5f14077.png

Slightly different for me:

I agree we need to sign Jagielka, Baldock, Wisdom, Davies. If we're only allowed one more after those, i can't decide between Carroll and Morrison. We already have Watson/Lawrence/Sibley who all play best in no.10. So do we really need Morrison? i don't know. At the same time do we really need Carroll to cover the holding mids considering Bielik should be back in a few months and we have Bird/Shinnie/Williams to play there. We also have Hutchinson as well, although not sure of his best position yet. If there only one place available then I'm leaning more towards Morrison than Carroll at the moment to be honest.  Almost forgot we have Knight back in around 2 months aswell. 

image.png.2c45bb5aed95e180ead2460f1f26ada8.png

Bench: Allsop/Marshall, Forsyth, Wisdom, Sibley, Morrison/Carroll, Baldock, Hutchinson, 

Edited by Chris_Martin

12 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Because we have no CB's and can't risk relying on Jagielka and Davies staying uninjured until January at least. As much as I'd like to gamble on someone like Morrison it's not worth it. Aluko would be useful but with Lawrence, Sibley, Watson and Jozwiak in that position, and with the CB crisis, there's other priorities.

If Mengi is available I'd have him instead of Wisdom.

So you're basing it on it being them 4 + Davies up until Jan? I was thinking more of this initial set of signings but then more can sign after so Davies, Jagielka & Forsyth would do a job for a couple of games

28 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

probably no cover for CB/RB otherwise.

Working off the 4 + Davies assumption...

Roos

Byrne Jagielka Wisdom Buchanan

Shinnie Bird

Aluko Lawrence Jozwiak

CKR

Think Davies and Jagielka may be too slow for a CB partnership. Would be exciting to see what Lawrence can do for a season down the middle. 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

So you're basing it on it being them 4 + Davies up until Jan? I was thinking more of this initial set of signings but then more can sign after so Davies, Jagielka & Forsyth would do a job for a couple of games

It all depends on when we'll be allowed to sign more players. But even if we can after the first few games, are there any other CBs even available out there? are there any other strikers out there other than Baldock?

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

At the same time do we really need Carroll to cover the holding mids considering Bielik should be back in a few months and we have Bird/Shinnie/Williams to play there. We also have Hutchinson as well

But none of our other midfielders are like Carroll, someone who's good in possession and can control tempo, it was a massive problem for us last season. Unless Bird can step up this season and become that.

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Think Davies and Jagielka may be too slow for a CB partnership.

I think even though Wisdom has more pace, I think his lapses in concentration and poor positioning would be more costly than Jags and Davies' lack of pace.

With Jags and Davies at the back we may have to play a deeper line and play more counter attacking football which I wouldn't mind because I've said for a while our players are best suited to playing counter attack anyway.

8 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

But none of our other midfielders are like Carroll, someone who's good in possession and can control tempo, it was a massive problem for us last season. Unless Bird can step up this season and become that.

Morrison could do the same. Although admittedly it's more of a risk with him

2 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I think even though Wisdom has more pace, I think his lapses in concentration and poor positioning would be more costly than Jags and Davies' lack of pace.

With Jags and Davies at the back we may have to play a deeper line and play more counter attacking football which I wouldn't mind because I've said for a while our players are best suited to playing counter attack anyway.

This.

20 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

It all depends on when we'll be allowed to sign more players. But even if we can after the first few games, are there any other CBs even available out there? are there any other strikers out there other than Baldock?

Isn't that why Wayne is gathering an army of trialists??

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Would be exciting to see what Lawrence can do for a season down the middle. 

I've said that for a while now, he just seems best suited to being more central, it keeps him more involved aswell as he can drift through some games.

However, with the emergence of Watson in the no.10 may have to keep Lawrence on the left.

4 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I've said that for a while now, he just seems best suited to being more central, it keeps him more involved aswell as he can drift through some games.

However, with the emergence of Watson in the no.10 may have to keep Lawrence on the left.

I think our three behind the striker could be fluid and rotate in game. Watson was playing on the left for parts vs Betis, Lawrence can play left or middle, Sibley can play middle or right and Jozwiak can play either wing.

11 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Isn't that why Wayne is gathering an army of trialists??

But of all the trialists isn't Baldick the only striker? and other than Davies and Jags, aren't the only other CBs Stearman and Wisdom? not the best options, and I can't find any other suitable free agents who aren't on trial either.

4 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

But of all the trialists isn't Baldick the only striker? and other than Davies and Jags, aren't the only other CBs Stearman and Wisdom? not the best options, and I can't find any other suitable free agents who aren't on trial either.

yes they are the options at present, but there seems to be more trialists joining every week. If the embargo does get relaxed there may be some more options further down the line. 

I did say we should sign Baldock, Davies, Wisdom(or Mengi), & Jags. Think we would be better playing Forsyth in CB than wasting a transfer on Stearman.