Wycombe threaten to sue and send us into admin. if we stay up!

RoyMac5

12 minutes ago, S8TY said:

This really is a calamitous mess and could've all been sorted ages ago now the EFL will appeal ducking Wycombe are on about suing us and we don't have a pot to p*** in ....This could all have been avoided and as much as we've been guilty the EFL could've nipped this in the bud ages ago...its a ducking joke and as usual has Zero to do with the actual game we love...I'm sick of all of this .....the EFL are a bunch of complete *******

How about trying to help clubs stay afloat during tough times,,,No!!!! instead lets look at books from years ago!! complete and utter joke!!

Why don't we now go after QPR and Villa for breaking FFP and beating us at wembley ( not that I'd want us too! ) 

This has spiralled out of control and not sure how its going to be resolved now but one thing I know is....the EFL could've handled this much better....bunch of *****

The lunatics are running the asylum end of and frankly I’ve had enough of it. Keep coming on here (in vain) to see if there’s any worthwhile updates etc but I know I’m kidding myself. Football as I \we know it is dead and we need to accept it. DCFC supporter man & boy but this is now so protracted & tedious I’ve about had enough. Need to find something else that’s not morally & financially bankrupt to take the grandkids to watch & engage in. Sad but true. If those that are the custodians of the game can’t see this then football is a busted flush. ???

18 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

What a completely ridiculous example to use. 

from what I can gather using loopholes to get around things before the loopholes have closed is a bit different from murdering someone. 

After all, if the murder did not cause Wycombe Wanderers to incur financial losses, is it even a crime at all?

9 minutes ago, Gisby said:

The lunatics are running the asylum end of and frankly I’ve had enough of it. Keep coming on here (in vain) to see if there’s any worthwhile updates etc but I know I’m kidding myself. Football as I \we know it is dead and we need to accept it. DCFC supporter man & boy but this is now so protracted & tedious I’ve about had enough. Need to find something else that’s not morally & financially bankrupt to take the grandkids to watch & engage in. Sad but true. If those that are the custodians of the game can’t see this then football is a busted flush. ???

I think we’re all feeling a bit like that mate. Rugby and cricket seem to be worth watching, but keep the faith, we have an amazing history as a club, and once through this poo we will all still be Rams fanatics.

UTR

Just now, hintonsboots said:

I think we’re all feeling a bit like that mate. Rugby and cricket seem to be worth watching, but keep the faith, we have an amazing history as a club, and once through this poo we will all still be Rams fanatics.

UTR

I know buddy you’re correct. I’m just venting my feelings & frustrations. If it’s in your blood it’s in your blood and there’s no getting away from it. I’ll still be knocking around regardless but at the moment I just despair. If those running the show can’t see what they are doing to the game (regardless of the actions of our clubs whether you believe them to be right or wrong) then we are all going to hell in a hand cart. Someone or somebody needs to step in and take control or I really do fear for the future of the game. 

Wycombw only got promoted on a technicality, but then again we only stayed up on one - Wednesday's points deduction. A fate we are now trying to argue we don't deserve, even though we have bent the rules.

If the boot was on the other foot we would be incredulous, not talking about how it's fine because it's only unethical as opposed to illegal.

18 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

If the boot was on the other foot we would be incredulous, not talking about how it's fine because it's only unethical as opposed to illegal.

This. In their shoes we'd be shouting very loudly about it and have a forum of legal opinions that yes they totally culd sue.

Its blatantly obvious that the EFL thought they had something serious on us only to find out it was nothing more than a minor accounting procedure that they had originally passed as ok. Then the cry baby whinging of Gibson (who had previously "restructured" Boro's debt with his own business) made the EFL want to appear to look strong after years of turning a blind eye to a multitude of others misdemeanours, only for them to be thwarted by our accounts being nowhere near as dodgy as they had been led to believe.

Someone high up in the EFL has promised Gibson that he'll deal with Derby and now he's desperate to save face.

Duck 'em all.

2 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

What a completely ridiculous example to use. 

from what I can gather using loopholes to get around things before the loopholes have closed is a bit different from murdering someone. 

Totally agree. I'd personally have used Jeffrey Dahmer instead. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

This. In their shoes we'd be shouting very loudly about it and have a forum of legal opinions that yes they totally culd sue.

Really? I don't think I'd be demanding such an outrageous course of action. Particularly based on such a flimsy wrong-doing. 

Where does that leave the game if clubs are demanding the league placings are changed after all matches are played? Why stop at relegation - knock some points off them at the top and add a few to them in 3rd place and they can switch places! Cos I understand they spelt their clubs name wrong on their P&S submission...

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? I don't think I'd be demanding such an outrageous course of action. Particularly based on such a flimsy wrong-doing. 

Where does that leave the game if clubs are demanding the league placings are changed after all matches are played? Why stop at relegation - knock some points off them at the top and add a few to them in 3rd place and they can switch places! Cos I understand they spelt their clubs name wrong on their P&S submission...

I think partizanship would be a factor.

13 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Dam right it should have been sorted out before the seasons end 

it should have sorted out ages ago

we should have had a January to trade freely not be hampered by a soft embargo 

Derby go into a January window needing players to stay up if we had been able to pick up players from the start of it we wouldn’t have left it til the final 24hours when the embargo was lifted to pick up whatever dregs we’re left over 

they have a weak case imo 

Spot on. EFL were banking on us going down and that our relegation would conveniently draw a line under it all for them. But we didn't, hence this whole clusterf*ck. 

23 hours ago, WestLondonRam said:

I Don't get it I really don't... 

If that's how this all plays out then why wasn't it done in 2014? 

We should of been promoted and QPR stayed in the Championship.. Surely if we get a points deduction and go down a league, all we should have to do to any Judge in the country is say look>>>> We had the same happen to us and we carried on without a fuss... 

They Can't possibly demote us now, Not when the same thing happened between West Ham and Sheff and Derby vs QPR. 

What would be the difference in the FFP rule breaking with there scenario and ours?

Add Villa to that in 2019 

3 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

We didn’t when we got stuffed by QPR and Villa smashing FFP 

Not only did they smash the FFP out of the ball park the EFL sanctioned massive spending on transfers whilst if my memory is correct they allowed a player to play for them when his registration was rather dodgy at a vital time of the season.  Bournemouth quietly went along busting the FFP the same season if I remember correctly ? Yes we said nothing didn’t threaten to sue anyone and the EFL was happy to ignore for as long as they could so that it didn’t alter any league placings.

duck all this suing nonsense. 

Can we sue Villa for actually gaining an advantage? 

Or QPR? 

Both teams we lost to, and lost out directly from one game, 100's of millions of pounds. Both cheated and gained an advantage. 

It's ********. 

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

duck all this suing nonsense. 

Can we sue Villa for actually gaining an advantage? 

Or QPR? 

Both teams we lost to, and lost out directly from one game, 100's of millions of pounds. Both cheated and gained an advantage. 

It's ********. 

Think that is the precedent others are alluding to to say Wycombe have no chance if they do. Where would it end ? I would be suing Denis Smith for crocking Charlie George just before that cup semi and Jack Taylor for wrongly disallowing Dave Nish’s goal in the Semi Final. Not that I haven’t let that go or anything ??