The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

12 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Hard on Finland, but the poor result against Russia did for them. 

Pukki clearly not fit. 

Yeah, we could've done with fit Pukki. In hindsight, maybe supersub-Jensen would've been better option.

Oh, well. There's a tiny chance for a third. But it really is tiny.

14 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Bizarre this. Just doesn't make any sense. Gilmour been in close contact with the Scotland squad but none of them are isolating. 

Southgate needed an excuse to get Henderson in midfield with Rice and Phillips. 

29 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Great. Tonight's match with bugger all to play for - apart from a last 16 advantage to finishing second in the group, to avoid the runners up in group F.

Gonna be a B-Team thriller ?

The other game will be much more interesting to be honest. A draw and neither team qualifies. A win for either team and that team qualifies. It’ll be blood and thunder in the last 10 minutes. 

Our match will be a bit of a damp squib by comparison. 

20 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

The other game will be much more interesting to be honest. A draw and neither team qualifies. A win for either team and that team qualifies. It’ll be blood and thunder in the last 10 minutes. 

Our match will be a bit of a damp squib by comparison. 

Yup. Win or bust for Scotland and Croatia. Massive underdogs again. However, Croatia have underperformed and at's at Hampden, even with a reduced crowd will still be giving it some heart.

A good scorline and a result in the other match could still see Scotland finish second in the group. But a win would seal it and to be at this point with something to play for is pretty good. I still dislike the format but if Scotland are in the last 16 I'll only gripe about it very quietly.

We need a performance like Holland 1996 tonight, smash the Czech’s get Harry scoring and go into round 2 full of confidence. Our Squads as good as Germany or Portugal so bring em on. No more 2 x DMs, no more negative tactics, no B team turnout tonight. Get out there, full on attack and creating chances then it’s Coming home. Come on England ??????? 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

We need a performance like Holland 1978 tonight, smash the Croats, get Che scoring and go into round 2 full of confidence. Our Squads as good as Germany or Portugal so bring em on. No more 2 x DMs, no more negative tactics, no B team turnout tonight. Get out there, full on attack and creating chances then it’s Coming home. Come on Scotland ??????? 

?

49 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yup. Win or bust for Scotland and Croatia. Massive underdogs again. However, Croatia have underperformed and at's at Hampden, even with a reduced crowd will still be giving it some heart.

A good scorline and a result in the other match could still see Scotland finish second in the group. But a win would seal it and to be at this point with something to play for is pretty good. I still dislike the format but if Scotland are in the last 16 I'll only gripe about it very quietly.

If I’m right (which I usually am) I think you can’t go above Czech regardless of the score, because it come down to head to head before goal difference. But you can go above England if Czech smash us. 

Im hoping you go through, but for obvious reasons, I’m hoping you go through in third, having beaten Croatia, after we’ve battered the Czech’s.

Just now, TigerTedd said:

If I’m right (which I usually am) I think you can’t go above Czech regardless of the score, because it come down to head to head before goal difference. But you can go above England if Czech smash us. 

Im hoping you go through, but for obvious reasons, I’m hoping you go through in third, having beaten Croatia, after we’ve battered the Czech’s.

Hadn't realised it was head to head before goal difference.

Either way, all I really want is Scotland in the next round and a win tonight does that, but a draw or loss and it's back to the quest to qualify for the enxt one, which hopefully wont be another 20+ years.

I'm braced for the worst by have the tennents chilling in the fridge, a bottle of Jura on standby and an early start to drive up to Perth for work to remind me it's only a game and it is a school night so I shouldn't indludge too much if at all.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

We need a performance like Holland 1996 tonight, smash the Czech’s get Harry scoring and go into round 2 full of confidence. Our Squads as good as Germany or Portugal so bring em on. No more 2 x DMs, no more negative tactics, no B team turnout tonight. Get out there, full on attack and creating chances then it’s Coming home. Come on England ??????? 

Nah, I'd rather watch rice, Phillips, Mason and the boys jogging around patting 5-10 pea-roller passes to each other whilst the crowd bay for a jack grealish dribble. 

All this incisive one touch passing stuff is so pre-lockdown... ?