The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

12 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Nah, I'd rather watch rice, Phillips, Mason and the boys jogging around patting 5-10 pea-roller passes to each other whilst the crowd bay for a jack grealish dribble. 

All this incisive one touch passing stuff is so pre-lockdown... ?

You’ve forgotten also the full backs must  in absolutely no circumstances cross the halfway line. And if they do then my good god they must always and I mean always pass the ball 5 yards back and never EVER cross the ball in the box, and I don’t care how successful they are are that for their clubs ?

1 minute ago, David said:

My team would look like this for what it’s worth.

I know Kane and Sterling are not exactly in form, but the alternatives don’t fill me with a great deal of confidence either.

78C5F736-FF9C-4980-8AC1-FAEF5DFB18AC.jpeg

How many people does Gilmour have to lick before Grealish gets in your team? ?

16 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

How are the Scottish team immune to COVID yet Mason Mount isn’t even though he has tested negative?

It’s the skirts they wear. More drafty.

17 minutes ago, David said:

This will be his team 

Pickford, Shaw, Maguire, Stones, Walker, Rice, Phillips, Grealish, Sterling, Kane, Saka

I’d have Foden and Sancho instead of Saka and Phillips 

Its the perfect game to get big old slab head back into the team, nothing on it at all, we will smash them by 3 or 4 today, fingers crossed Croatia do the business too.

This new format of the tournament is a rubbish by the way and totally favours all the teams who are playing their games later on in the group stages, every team now knows that all they need are 4 points to qualify, totally unfair.

46 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Its the perfect game to get big old slab head back into the team, nothing on it at all, we will smash them by 3 or 4 today, fingers crossed Croatia do the business too.

This new format of the tournament is a rubbish by the way and totally favours all the teams who are playing their games later on in the group stages, every team now knows that all they need are 4 points to qualify, totally unfair.

But the draw was random. So they all had as much chance to be in an earlier / later group. 

I don’t see this not wanting to win, I get it gives us an “easier” route, but if we’re to win this, we’re going to come up against someone decent at some point.

Do we want to win it where people are saying, they had an easy run? Avoided the tough games by losing to Czech.

Want to see us win and then knock France, Germany or Portugal out, imagine the confidence running through the team if we manage to do that.

If we lose, then we was never going to win it anyway 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

But the draw was random. So they all had as much chance to be in an earlier / later group. 

And the whole idea of teams playing their last games is so they dont know exactly what they need to do to ensure qualification and you end up with 2 teams playing out a draw and just passing it around between themselves....and this is now exactly the situation you have got.

25 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t see this not wanting to win, I get it gives us an “easier” route, but if we’re to win this, we’re going to come up against someone decent at some point.

Do we want to win it where people are saying, they had an easy run? Avoided the tough games by losing to Czech.

Want to see us win and then knock France, Germany or Portugal out, imagine the confidence running through the team if we manage to do that.

If we lose, then we was never going to win it anyway 

Get the game won tonight. There is no such thing as an easy side of the draw in this competition. A victory against a France, Portugal or Germany in the next round would see us go all the way in my opinion.

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hadn't realised it was head to head before goal difference.

Either way, all I really want is Scotland in the next round and a win tonight does that, but a draw or loss and it's back to the quest to qualify for the enxt one, which hopefully wont be another 20+ years.

I'm braced for the worst by have the tennents chilling in the fridge, a bottle of Jura on standby and an early start to drive up to Perth for work to remind me it's only a game and it is a school night so I shouldn't indludge too much if at all.

Come on Scotland!

Ye can do et!

Eat yer oats,

Beat the Croats!

Go on fairther yet!

Gan awa Caledonia

Oor moneys all on yer

Ye frightened yon Sachs

Got reet on their backs

We're ganing tae win up at home here.

PS what's David Tennent doing in your fridge?!?

Edited by Brammie Steve

It’s a win win game tonight. 

Id play the fringe players, players with something to prove. We rest the first teamers, and some squad players might really impress, they’ll be desperate to impress. If we lose, it’s because we gave our stars a rest, because we earned the right to do that by qualifying with a game to spare, no knock to the confidence. If we win with a second string team, then we know we really do have a strong squad, and the starting 11 against Germany, France or Portugal will be all the better for it. 

just starting the strongest 11 in this game and hopefully hammering CR won’t really teach anything. We’ll just be up against a harder team in the same position we’re in now. Starting an experimental 11 will teach us something. It might teach us to never do that again, or it might teach us that we have more options than just playing super defensive, crab football. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s a win win game tonight. 

Id play the fringe players, players with something to prove. We rest the first teamers, and some squad players might really impress, they’ll be desperate to impress. If we lose, it’s because we gave our stars a rest, because we earned the right to do that by qualifying with a game to spare, no knock to the confidence. If we win with a second string team, then we know we really do have a strong squad, and the starting 11 against Germany, France or Portugal will be all the better for it. 

just starting the strongest 11 in this game and hopefully hammering CR won’t really teach anything. We’ll just be up against a harder team in the same position we’re in now. Starting an experimental 11 will teach us something. It might teach us to never do that again, or it might teach us that we have more options than just playing super defensive, crab football. 

Jesus age Christ.. Just turn em on and off as and when. Football is about WINNING and momentum, it’s the national team ffs . You’re worse than Southgate with that mentality. Proper losers stance.

Edited by Angry Ram