Pearce could be removed from EFL roll

Curtains

17 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think MM is the type who wants a yes man (though he’s not always good at picking them). A number of our problems arose because there’s been no one to say: “now let’s just think about that for a minute mel ...”

Maybe people did voice that but were just ignored ?‍♂️ 

Who knows 

13 minutes ago, David said:

I think you’re way off personally. That’s the figure the media have portrayed.

I believe he has standards that he expects and not someone you want to cross, knows what he wants, has his vision but never got the impression he’s closed minded to others opinions.

Would you want a weak minded owner with no vision that is easily swayed by any other voice? 

There’s a topic somewhere in the Football forum, Frank Lampard still full of praise for Mel, his character and human side.

Scorned managers will probably tell a different tale but that’s natural when you’ve been given the sack.

I’ve met him several times and spoke with him even more, take my opinion as you want it I guess.

Tend to avoid these type of conversations now as it’s just a pile on which I find a tad unfair despite the situation we find ourselves in.

My post was really a comment on Pearce, not MM. Overall I’m a firm supporter of MM - he’s been unbelievably generous and pretty unlucky. But I think he’s a control freak and I don’t think he listens enough to advice. Lots of evidence of that: eg the foolish case against Keogh, the shambolic takeover process. I have not met him, but I’m happy to accept the good things you say about him. None of them have any bearing on what I said in my post, ie that he has an overbearing, autocratic management style.
As you suggest, that management style can sometimes work. In this case sadly it has not 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

My post was really a comment on Pearce, not MM. Overall I’m a firm supporter of MM - he’s been unbelievably generous and pretty unlucky. But I think he’s a control freak and I don’t think he listens enough to advice. Lots of evidence of that: eg the foolish case against Keogh, the shambolic takeover process. I have not met him, but I’m happy to accept the good things you say about him. None of them have any bearing on what I said in my post, ie that he has an overbearing, autocratic management style.
As you suggest, that management style can sometimes work. In this case sadly it has not 

I’m not here to try and change your opinion, ultimately none of us know what it’s like to work under Mel behind the scenes so we can only build our own opinions from what we see and hear. 

One thing though, Keogh, we might not have acted by the letter of employment law but I back the decision 100%.

He was the club captain, those responsibilities apply both on and off the pitch, Lawrence going through a tough time with the loss of his mum, Bennett a young lad still, Keogh should have known better, he let this club down big time.

Even had the offer to take a pay cut, whilst rehabilitation took place at Moor Farm, which the club would have covered as they did his surgery.

For me, completely tainted his time at Derby, hope he enjoys the money, I have no time for him now at all.

14 minutes ago, David said:

I’m not here to try and change your opinion, ultimately none of us know what it’s like to work under Mel behind the scenes so we can only build our own opinions from what we see and hear. 

One thing though, Keogh, we might not have acted by the letter of employment law but I back the decision 100%.

He was the club captain, those responsibilities apply both on and off the pitch, Lawrence going through a tough time with the loss of his mum, Bennett a young lad still, Keogh should have known better, he let this club down big time.

Even had the offer to take a pay cut, whilst rehabilitation took place at Moor Farm, which the club would have covered as they did his surgery.

For me, completely tainted his time at Derby, hope he enjoys the money, I have no time for him now at all.

Of course what Keogh did was poor.  That’s not what I am saying. What I am saying is, any adviser worth his salt would have told MM you will lose against Keogh because you did not sack TL and MB. So settle with Keogh. But It’s not MM’s style to follow that advice. Another example, the woeful club statement about the last EFl decision. Straight from the desk of an emotional MM. Ill advised. 

Im not sure you need to try to change my opinion because I don’t think we disagree about anything 

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Of course what Keogh did was poor.  That’s not what I am saying. What I am saying is, any adviser worth his salt would have told MM you will lose against Keogh because you did not sack TL and MB. So settle with Keogh. But It’s not MM’s style to follow that advice. Another example, the woeful club statement about the last EFl decision. Straight from the desk of an emotional MM. Ill advised. 

Im not sure you need to try to change my opinion because I don’t think we disagree about anything 

You keep saying Mel wouldn’t take advice, but I don’t see where you’re coming from with any of this.

You’ve built this character up in your head, and using that to say what he has and hasn’t done without anything to back it up.

Do you know that his lawyers didn’t think he had a case, do you know the statement came from him and not the CEO Pearce?

Was Keogh ever open to settling? I mean he was offered a pay cut whilst injured and declined.

Also Lawrence and Bennett were still fit to play, they didn’t rule themselves out for the best part of a year and could fulfil their contracts, had they not done they may have followed suit.

So many assumptions which I think are unfair, I get the man at the top is ultimately responsible, but as I said earlier, feels like a pile on.

I think it’s really simple in that Keogh’s actions made him unable to fulfil his contract. His fault. Driving or not, his fault. He’s no victim.

12 hours ago, David said:

You keep saying Mel wouldn’t take advice, but I don’t see where you’re coming from with any of this.

You’ve built this character up in your head, and using that to say what he has and hasn’t done without anything to back it up.

Do you know that his lawyers didn’t think he had a case, do you know the statement came from him and not the CEO Pearce?

Was Keogh ever open to settling? I mean he was offered a pay cut whilst injured and declined.

Also Lawrence and Bennett were still fit to play, they didn’t rule themselves out for the best part of a year and could fulfil their contracts, had they not done they may have followed suit.

So many assumptions which I think are unfair, I get the man at the top is ultimately responsible, but as I said earlier, feels like a pile on.

I think it’s really simple in that Keogh’s actions made him unable to fulfil his contract. His fault. Driving or not, his fault. He’s no victim.

Let’ s leave it there. I’m a MM fan. Problem is he’s not perfect and if I try (again) to explain where I think he’s messed up ON OCCASION it seems like I don’t appreciate what he has done for us.  So I don’t want to do that. 

btw I respect that you want to encourage positivity on here 

On 01/06/2021 at 07:24, kevinhectoring said:

Let’ s leave it there. I’m a MM fan. Problem is he’s not perfect and if I try (again) to explain where I think he’s messed up ON OCCASION it seems like I don’t appreciate what he has done for us.  So I don’t want to do that. 

Anyone know a good spin doctor

On 30/05/2021 at 13:55, David said:

Ah crumbs, my naan won’t be pleased, goes against the grain on here but she likes him.

No knead for it really, just Gibson getting others rye-led up for no reason.

You have barley started this bunfest but it may rise to be a famous one if we take nowt owt and do not get crusty about it. I did not see this till yeasterday.

On 01/06/2021 at 07:24, kevinhectoring said:

What has Mel done for us exactly? Please elaborate.

When bought control of this club we were favourites for promotion. We are now (most likely) favourites for relegation. We are in severe financial troubles, CoVID aside we had to sell our stadium to balance the books, this was not CoVID related.

If he had a case against Keogh then why has Keogh won his case?

Now I don’t know the full picture but from the outside he has spent a lot of money on players and it hasn’t worked out causing us problems. He has tried to improve our image with people like Cocu, Lampard and Rooney and if hasn’t worked. He tried to be clever with FFP and it hasn’t worked. Is there anything else?

He is now trying to get out ASAP and has had two failed takeover bids. Why would a man who has the club in his heart done all this. Why has he tried to sell us to a fake Sheikh and then a potential fraudster.

I backed Mel years ago and stuck up for him. I said we should be proud as we had a local man as our owner and other owners are worst.

Mel should have appointed a football director from day one.

It is my opinion that Mel took over to get promoted so he could cash in and it hasn’t happened. He saw the riches of the Premier League and he saw pound signs. There was no other reason. As said this is my opinion.

There is a lot of anti-MM feeling doing the rounds, yet not much criticism of Pearce

Which I find odd

I never understood how he came out of the Sam Rush thing without either being complicit in letting him get away with whatever he was supposed to have done, or being negligent in not noticing what was going on

Shouldn't all the FFP stuff we're under appeal for also be at his door (as he was CFO at the time)?

Then as CEO he's made convincing statements in the media that he believes a deal with potential new buyer is all fine and dandy. TWICE
How did he not notice that they were both charlatans?

7 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

What has Mel done for us exactly? Please elaborate.

Didnt he provide funds to enable us to keep the 2013/14 team together? If I remember correctly, Premier League teams were in for both Keogh and Bryson.

He also turned Thorne's loan into a permanent move.

I might be wrong but I dont remember too many complaints at the time.

He has also invested heavily in the academy which, if used properly, should help us towards sustainability going forwards.

When bought control of this club we were favourites for promotion. We are now (most likely) favourites for relegation. We are in severe financial troubles, CoVID aside we had to sell our stadium to balance the books, this was not CoVID related.

Please elaborate on 'had to sell our stadium to balance the books'. Pretty sure it was only done to help for FFP purposes.

If he had a case against Keogh then why has Keogh won his case?

Because the case has only been heard by the EFL? 

Now I don’t know the full picture but from the outside he has spent a lot of money on players and it hasn’t worked out causing us problems. He has tried to improve our image with people like Cocu, Lampard and Rooney and if hasn’t worked. He tried to be clever with FFP and it hasn’t worked. Is there anything else?

He is now trying to get out ASAP and has had two failed takeover bids. Why would a man who has the club in his heart done all this. Why has he tried to sell us to a fake Sheikh and then a potential fraudster.

(a) because he has health problems?

(b) because he has seen how fickle alot of our supporters are and realises they soon turn on you when things arent going well?

I backed Mel years ago and stuck up for him. I said we should be proud as we had a local man as our owner and other owners are worst.

Mel should have appointed a football director from day one.

It is my opinion that Mel took over to get promoted so he could cash in and it hasn’t happened. He saw the riches of the Premier League and he saw pound signs. There was no other reason. As said this is my opinion.