Yankee Doodle Derby

8 minutes ago, europia said:

Wayne quoted as saying 'this needs to happen as soon as possible' .... reality is, even if Mr Morris is in talks, and if the other parties are serious, we would be months and months away from a take over being completed. Next season is a write off already. The situation hasn't been helped at all by Fake Sheikh and Alonso time wasters. Still can't believe they were taken seriously. Quite pathetic really. 

If the American consortium are serious buyers with funds in place a deal could be brokered swiftly as long as the EFL give it the green light. The time consuming part of all business deals is the due diligence. This will have been done and be readily available to the buyers lawyers. 

I’m probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but could the American group interested in buying Derby be the Wasserman Group?

I’m sure I read that the reason Percy made reference to a ‘dream’ takeover was due to their access to players as opposed to the cash they might pump into the club.

thoughts?

1 hour ago, Shadowplay said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wasserman/beraterfirma/berater/440

I note a number of the current team are signed up to Wasserman. Looking at the players, this would have been during Lampards tenure

Interesting that Cocu and his team are their clients too, suspect the club may have still had more links to the group even after the events with Sam Rush. 

On 21/05/2021 at 23:08, hintonsboots said:

If the American consortium are serious buyers with funds in place a deal could be brokered swiftly as long as the EFL give it the green light. The time consuming part of all business deals is the due diligence. This will have been done and be readily available to the buyers lawyers. 

Yes perhaps. Many people will be more concerned about DCFC's due diligence process regarding potential buyers. If it's carried out along similar lines to the previous shambolic attempts, supporters and observers might be excused from feeling a tad sceptical. 

Hopefully these potential buyers are the same people we were speaking to at the same time as Alonso (who obviously agreed a deal before them) so we had already begun some form of due diligence already and may even have had open contact with them whilst the Alonso was dragging on so the deals are not that far off.

Knowing the outcome of the Keogh case & the EFL case (punishment pending) should help as at least now new buyers will know what the actual accounts will look like. I think the EFL punishment will be the final detail as if its a point deduction it will surely mean the buyer will want us for cheaper.

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Hopefully these potential buyers are the same people we were speaking to at the same time as Alonso (who obviously agreed a deal before them) so we had already begun some form of due diligence already and may even have had open contact with them whilst the Alonso was dragging on so the deals are not that far off.

Knowing the outcome of the Keogh case & the EFL case (punishment pending) should help as at least now new buyers will know what the actual accounts will look like. I think the EFL punishment will be the final detail as if its a point deduction it will surely mean the buyer will want us for cheaper.

I dont think it will be points and I dont think it will be fine eathier I think be a telling off and dont do it again thing.

Erik Alonso now saying he’s involved with Charlotte FC who are owned by David Tepper. Maybe I’m clutching at straws but could David have been the silent backer behind Alonso’s bid? I’ve seen rumours of his interest all be it without much to back them up. Maybe he’s decided to cut Alonso out and he is part of the American firm talking to Mel now? 

A62E5B4A-776D-4CC9-8AE2-4E8678768393.png

This is extremely weird. I've heard Tepper's name be mentioned by someone before but can't for the life of me remember who and where it was.

To add some more weirdness into it, David Tepper appointed Tom Glick to be Carolina Panther's President and Glick, as we know, our former CEO.

Now is this just Erik Alonso being Erik Alonso, or is there actually something going on?

Think it's more likely Erik Alonso being Eric alonso

11 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

This is extremely weird. I've heard Tepper's name be mentioned by someone before but can't for the life of me remember who and where it was.

To add some more weirdness into it, David Tepper appointed Tom Glick to be Carolina Panther's President and Glick, as we know, our former CEO.

Now is this just Erik Alonso being Erik Alonso, or is there actually something going on?

21 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

From what little we know about Erik he seems to be the type of individual who will try to insert himself into any process where he thinks he can claim a cut..... 

43 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Think it's more likely Erik Alonso being Eric alonso

It was me that originally mentioned David Tepper as I have a house in Charlotte. Tepper as well as being the owner of the Panthers has also set up Charlotte FC soccer team who will be playing in the MLS next season, the Panthers have an 80,000 seat stadium and will ground share with Charlotte FC who will only use the bottom level seats with a capacity of 40,000. Tom Glick will be president of both clubs, I think them looking to get a team in the UK football pyramid makes total sense to them

Edited by Asheville Ram
spelling

1 hour ago, dcfcgodd said:

Erik Alonso now saying he’s involved with Charlotte FC who are owned by David Tepper. Maybe I’m clutching at straws but could David have been the silent backer behind Alonso’s bid? I’ve seen rumours of his interest all be it without much to back them up. Maybe he’s decided to cut Alonso out and he is part of the American firm talking to Mel now? 

A62E5B4A-776D-4CC9-8AE2-4E8678768393.png

A pic of Charlotte FC for his Instagram followers

E43EEA01-8DD2-4CC1-84BD-F59E0AACA881.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

It was me that originally mentioned David Tepper as I have a house in Charlotte. Tepper as well as being the owner of the Panthers has also set up Charlotte FC soccer team who will be playing in the MLS next season, the Panthers have an 80,000 seat stadium and will ground share with Charlotte FC who will only use the bottom level seats with a capacity of 40,000. Tom Glick will be president of both clubs, I think them looking to get a team in the UK football pyramid makes total sense to them

That all makes sense. Asking Erik Alonso to be involved, probably not.