Reclaim the club - starting with this forum

IslandExile

I liked it at first. There was some humour but the joke’s a little tired now. 

Doesn’t matter to me who the manager is as long as he/she gives their best and shoots straight but we are Derby County FC 

(Until the next stellar manga are signing and then I’ll reconsider) ??

If you call Forest, Notts Forest their fans go nuts, miserable gets.

I thought let’s embrace the media’s insistence on attaching Frank Lampard’s to the clubs name for a laugh and it started there.

It’s really not meant to be that serious, I mean we even have sausages in the main board description.

When Cocu was here, we introduced the Oranje theme, it’s all just a little bit of fun when each new era starts.

I get Rooney isn’t massively popular with fans at the minute, but removing it just feels wrong whilst he’s in the job.

The day Rooney leaves I will remove it as I did Lampard and promise to never place a managers name on there again, even if we get Klopp, so none of you will have to be offended by it when you look at the homepage again. Deal?

14 minutes ago, David said:

I thought let’s embrace the media’s insistence on attaching Frank Lampard’s to the clubs name for a laugh and it started there.

It’s really not meant to be that serious, I mean we even have sausages in the main board description.

When Cocu was here, we introduced the Oranje theme, it’s all just a little bit of fun when each new era starts.

I get Rooney isn’t massively popular with fans at the minute, but removing it just feels wrong whilst he’s in the job.

The day Rooney leaves I will remove it as I did Lampard and promise to never place a managers name on there again, even if we get Klopp, so none of you will have to be offended by it when you look at the homepage again. Deal?

Could we make an exception if Christian Fuchs takes over, please!? 

Derby County for Fuchs' sake would be too good to miss ?

1 hour ago, David said:

Can’t wait for the day he leaves then

2 hours ago, David said:

"Overlord of popular Derby County forum issues sack Rooney plee"

7 hours ago, David said:

I'm really pleased David wrote that ... because I was about to suggest that it could be a policy change that comes with the next manager ... 

There are limits to David's fun! He wouldn't change us to a pink theme!

What we have learnt in recent weeks, I think, is that it is us, the fans, who are Derby County. We are the constant.

So, to add one more option to the mix, next time the forum name changes, maybe it could read:

"Our Derby County"

And, if the current name really upsets some, maybe changing to "Our Derby County" would not risk offending Rooney, because "our" includes him - and he has said that he is loyal to our club, which makes him sound like a fan! (But if he continues to grow with our club, we might feel silly about having removed his name.)

• 4 months later...