Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I am the same. At the end of last season, I wanted him and the associated media circus out of Derby, but he has galvanised this club and I have thoroughly enjoyed this season (on the field I should add).  If he goes to Everton, he goes with my good wishes and gratitude.

Exactly. Last half of last season was painful to watch, put simply we were abysmal. Some of the worst performances I have ever seen. However, as you say , against all of the odds he has galvanised the squad, we look like a team, we have momentum and if somehow we can keep most of the squad together, who knows. He has done remarkably well ???

44 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Exactly. Last half of last season was painful to watch, put simply we were abysmal. Some of the worst performances I have ever seen. However, as you say , against all of the odds he has galvanised the squad, we look like a team, we have momentum and if somehow we can keep most of the squad together, who knows. He has done remarkably well ???

To be fair the first half was worse ?

Look rooney brighter days could be ahead a bid been made and hopeful this could be over with in days with a bit of luck and you final have some funds buy players with and streaghned our team with. And then you can plan for the summer no matter what we league we are in but I am hopeful than I was a couple day ago so wyan stay with us and p could be word next season.

5 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am a Wazza convert. I would like him to stay but if he goes good luck to him ?

Like you, I was critical of Rooney last year, but crikey has he won me over.  This season he’s shown he’s got what it takes to be a top class manager.  Through all the adversity he’s built a team that, in my opinion, would do anything he asked and he’s got the fans on side.

37 minutes ago, Ramrob said:

Two separate articles on the Guardian website today bigging up Rooney to Everton. 

Cheers guys ??‍♂️?

Anything articles in the Guardian about Derby at risk of liquidation and how we are getting shafted  and Boro ad Wycombe? Still waiting I think. Are they sponsored by EFL too? 

16 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Like you, I was critical of Rooney last year, but crikey has he won me over.  This season he’s shown he’s got what it takes to be a top class manager.  Through all the adversity he’s built a team that, in my opinion, would do anything he asked and he’s got the fans on side.

Lots of us owe him big apologies, that is for sure. Me included.

Sorry Wayne

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Anything articles in the Guardian about Derby at risk of liquidation and how we are getting shafted  and Boro ad Wycombe? Still waiting I think. Are they sponsored by EFL too? 

Yeah you’re right, nothing. Not even a general news story. 

Would’ve thought someone like David Conn might be on it.

Disappointing. 

He’s done well this season and deserves the credit.

Its strange that he’s doing better with a weaker squad, but maybe that’s down to the inexperience he had last season, which let’s be honest was utterly dire.

He made progress at the start of this season but there were still obvious improvements that could be made.

It wasn’t till Morrison was suspended that it finally seemed to click in his head what this division requires. 

Since then he’s really upped his game and has us playing much better than expected.

He may have stumbled across the solution, but he deserves credit for recognising it and sticking with the new approach instead of going backwards.

He’s made us solid, got us playing quicker and finally ina style that works in the Championship, we are now a dangerous team to play against.

Well done Wayne.

Looking at their comments, almost all Everton fan are interpreting what he said as a 'come and get me plea'....

If he stays, I think people will judge his efforts at rebuffing advances more kindly that Steve Mac!

Strange old times, the manager not being poached, the local Derby and a relegation dogfight...all seem like things to be hopeful about but not to be too concerned about either.

Edited by Chester40

6 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He's been a bit churchillian in that the worse that circumstances have got, the better has been the response from Wayne and the team. 

I agree with you - remarkable and a completely unforseen turnaround with largely the same set of players. 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If Rooney goes, Curtis will be our Churchill. 

I didn't want to mention Curtis because I really hope Rooney stays. He deserves to bring us out the other side of all this heartache.

Rooney - and the players, especially Curtis - have been immense.

But I do hope that Curtis - in whatever role - stays with the football club for a very long time.

Edited by IslandExile

Wanted him gone after last season and made no bones about it. Also said that if we kept him another season, I'd be 100% behind him and the team. Watching some of the passing movements in recent games I was reminded of some of the gorgeous one touch football we played under Mac1. That's pretty high praise for someone who appeared completely lost last season and has a threadbare squad made up of talismanic, but creaking old warriors and kids who probably don't shave yet. Honestly, I think the personal growth of Rooney, Rosenior and critically the team itself has been astounding, especially given the backdrop against which it's manifested. 

Will he go? My hunch would be that he would if asked, but I don't think he'll be flashing his knickers like Lampard did. He's worked hard, learned from his errors and is now starting to impress a style of play on the group. What's more, he seems genuinely happy at the moment as does Liam which did not always look likely.

Obviously I'd be gutted to see him go, but he's owes us nothing at all. I don't think there'd be any of the acrimony associated with Lampard's departure at all, indeed I think most Rams fans would sincerely wish him well. What is comforting right now is the knowledge that should Everton indeed come calling, we have a ready-made replacement in Curtis Davies.