Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

44 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Confirmed, don’t understand the “free transfer” bit. Even if he did get out of his contract we’re due compensation due to his age and having been developed for years by the club under FIFA regulations. 

You only get compensation if you’ve offered a new contract I, that was why Ebosele was on the retained list even though he already had a pre-contract signed.

Edited by TooFarInToTurnRed

4 hours ago, angieram said:

For his agents not to recognise this and to use a legal technicality to try and wriggle out of the industry wide compensation clause for academy investment is very disappointing,  in my opinion. 

Agents=image.png.7c07dbe6f6719b221e57d197570e3c39.pngAlso a image.png.462ec608dde9f02f19dd1f35d157d30d.png

1 minute ago, Oldben said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-lee-buchanan-transfer-7289275

I'm glad derby haven't walked away from this.

So legal action against bregen, with full support of the efl.

wouldnt we have to submit a claim with fifa? have we resolved the issue with jozwiak? i am not sure they will entertain us until thats sorted.

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-lee-buchanan-transfer-7289275

I'm glad derby haven't walked away from this.

So legal action against bregen, with full support of the efl.

I assume that means he can't play whilst this ongoing.  We could also sue him for breaching his contract.  Never mind eh 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I assume that means he can't play whilst this ongoing.  We could also sue him for breaching his contract.  Never mind eh 

The efl have gone on record saying that they support derby and not buchanan.

Buchanan has breached his contract.

It's for our new multi millionaire owner to resolve.

I don't see buchanan being allowed to walk away for nothing.

Perhaps the 'compensation' is being paid by Buchanan? Would £400k be about the value of a year of his contract in wages (£8k a week)?

Looks like some loophole has allowed him to buy himself out of his contract perhaps.

That said, even if employment law (covering TUPE requirements) allows that, I doubt it would over-rule the FIFA regulations for compensating development costs of players under 23 and the Bremen would pay those on top. He's been an affiliated player for 10 years or so; that has to be worth something, surely.

Poor show from the lad really, after the Joiners Arms incident where the club kept his involvement under the radar, gave him his opportunity and this is how he repays the club.

I have no issue with him wanting to leave, anyone that isn't committed to the cause is can go, but go about it the right way.

I'm sure this was his agents idea, but the lad should no right from wrong, this is clearly wrong.

Silence from the club on this departure tells us they are not accepting this.

9 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

You only get compensation if you’ve offered a new contract I, that was why Ebosele was on the retained list even though he already had a pre-contract signed.

I don’t think that’s correct. There are rules in place both domestically and internationally that ensures clubs are paid compensation for the training and development of a player under the age of 24 who moves on a free transfer. It’s explained quite well in these articles;

https://www.easportslaw.com/news/training-compensation-and-solidarity-mechanism

https://level.law/news/determining-the-level-of-compensation-for-out-of-contract-football-players-2

I’ve been looking for more info on it and can’t see anything that says it’s dependent on a contract being offered as this compensation is distinctly paid for the historic development of the player as a youngster, a future contract has no bearing on the time and cost put into developing the player from the age of say 12 to 21. 

38 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Yeah, we can start taking the high ground again can’t we. Where are we with paying Lech Poznan I wonder?

maybe W Bremen should go into Admin then, and lose all their assets and get relegated! You make it sound like the club collectively decided to screw over a load of people... when you KNOW it was the delusions of one clown that did so.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No he didn't 

Lee Buchanan has left the Sheep for £400k to Werder Bremen.
Funnily enough they rejectewd £1.5m bid from Forest last summer.
Buchanan found a clause in his contract that included a release fee of £400k.
Great business Direby!
Contract Lawyers to go on Ze List?

Sounds like the usual made-up nonsense from LTLF. 

If there was a £400k release clause in his contract, why didn't he exercise it either last August or in January? 

File under "bollo". 

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

maybe W Bremen should go into Admin then, and lose all their assets and get relegated! You make it sound like the club collectively decided to screw over a load of people... when you KNOW it was the delusions of one clown that did so.

He's making it sound like he had money on us going bust and is disappointed it didn't happen. Very strange. 

Without out getting into TUPE Law...below is a piece from the DET.

"Staff automatically switch to the new company but they also have the right to be told about the transfer and can object to being an employee before it happens. In theory, that allows players to have their contract terminated as it effectively becomes a resignation"

The above I did once I was informed of Atalian-Servest taking over the contracts of Interserve, I informed Interserve of my intention to resign and did so by email, Unfortunately Interserve didn't inform Atalian-Servest that I would not be transferring over...Their manager came and introduced himself with an employee pack and details of clocking on...ie phone, I told him I would not be transferring over as the company he works for are shyte...I bade him farewell and bailed out.

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The agency that represents Buchanan really only represent a bunch of gimps anyway, so just blacklist them from future deals. Whilst we're at it, tell Marco Gabbiadini to eat a bowl full of dicks too.  

You can refuse to deal with an Agent and deal with the player instead, I believe Simon Jordon did this, He told a story where one player  incoming/outgoing got his Agent to call Jordon, Jordon refused to work with him, Jordon then goes onto to say the agent broke down crying as he was about to lose a large bundle of cash if the deal didn't go through him.

Not forgetting the Seth Johnson story and his agent when discussing terms at Leeds ?

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Confirmed, don’t understand the “free transfer” bit. Even if he did get out of his contract we’re due compensation due to his age and having been developed for years by the club under FIFA regulations. 

I realLEE wish they'd stop writing like that