Jozwiak

vonwright

I think Jozwiak's best period last season, was when Bielik was playing.

This could be for a number of reasons:

A, he felt more settled with a fellow Pole in the team.

B, he benefited from having a better player giving him quicker and better passes.

C, he benefited from playing in a team playing with more confidence at the time.

Like many players, past and present, he seems to be a 'confidence' player. Hopefully, he can get and maintain that confidence next season.

2 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

1 goal and i reckon 2 assists all season. I can remember 2 assists off top of my head. He was left out the last game...the most crucial game in years. Left out. That tells you summat. 

You said he failed to deliver "anything"

I'm merely suggesting you might want to moderate that statement

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

yeah this is a Jozwiak thread, but you don't have to comment.

He didn't start v Sheff Wed but did look dangerous when he came on and won that penalty. You say it was no surprise but actually the majority of posts on here were surprised Rooney didn't start him.

Your wondering what he's delivered & created this season for Derby, well what has any of our forward players done this season?

Dont have to comment? Yeah i know i dont but i did. You dont have to respond. 

In terms of goals and assists hes well down the the list. Be hard to find someone whos contributed less. Trying to think of one. 

1 hour ago, DazzaRam said:

I dont watch women's football so really dont know who she is. Tried to but found it poor. But i watched the game and saw nothing different from Jozwiak that i hadnt seen all season. 

While I don’t agree with your opinion on Joz, it’s your opinion and your entitled to it. He will be better with better players round him in a more positive football playing team. 

I do agree with your take on Women’s football and on the comment that Hayes is a top English manager. She is in her own right a top English manager in the Women’s game but not the men’s game. She’d need a job in the men’s game to prove herself in that category. 

Having watch him when he first joined us, plus in a number of Polish internationals, plus a couple of highlight reels of his time at Lech Poznan, there's no doubt in my mind he's a talented footballer.  I thought he did more than Ok last night - yes he misplaced a couple of balls, but he worked hard and tried stuff.  He got himself into some good positions, but didn't receive the ball.  

I don't think anyone here can argue he's a cr4p player - he's not.  It wasn't long ago most were raving about him then of course his form dipped, as did his confidence (along with nearly our whole team). Losing Bielik had a detrimental affect on him IMO plus I feel the lockdowns also affected him - young lad away from home. And yes, he does need to work on his end product, I don't think that's in question.  I strongly believe though, with the right players around him, increased experience of what's required in the English game, and rediscovering his self belief he could be a star performer for us.  I for one look forward to seeing a rejuvenated Joz next season. 

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Emma Hayes one of the best English Managers?

She genuinely is. I appreciate people won't know the WSL that much etc, but she genuinely is one of the best English managers currently. She's largely expected to be the first woman manger in the Premier League. Hardly any managers in the men's game have been given as much freedom than she has at Chelsea, The Athletic have called her "the Fergie of Chelsea Women." 

11 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

She genuinely is. I appreciate people won't know the WSL that much etc, but she genuinely is one of the best English managers currently. She's largely expected to be the first woman manger in the Premier League. Hardly any managers in the men's game have been given as much freedom than she has at Chelsea, The Athletic have called her "the Fergie of Chelsea Women." 

Jubbsy you clearly are a fan of this lady, and she may have some very fine qualities, but if you truly think she might actually ever manage a Premier League Club you should voluntarily hand yourself into the Authorities. The Fergie of Chelsea Women my arse. 

CD46B10F-398E-4097-A6AD-F83B4C935F39.jpeg

15 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Jubbsy you clearly are a fan of this lady, and she may have some very fine qualities, but if you truly think she might actually ever manage a Premier League Club you should voluntarily hand yourself into the Authorities. The Fergie of Chelsea Women my arse

Do you not think you're being ignorant, borderline sexist too? She was linked with with AFC Wimbledon job in February and that was borderline disrespectful. She's even been linked with the Chelsea men's job too.

40 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Do you not think you're being ignorant, borderline sexist too? She was linked with with AFC Wimbledon job in February and that was borderline disrespectful. She's even been linked with the Chelsea men's job too.

Is he still on a wind up here? 

32 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Ignorant? I know she has won a number of trophies in the last few years, but I reckon my Mrs could win stuff with Chelsea Women. They are awash with cash to attract the best players.

Sexist? Possibly borderline, but I am full-on realist.  I reckon if I am lucky, very lucky, I might have 25 years left above ground, If there is a women managing a Premier League club in that time span I will eat the Queen's Hat Collection.

As for Jozwiak. Meh. Might come good this season, but he needs to significantly improve his decision making, and work harder on connecting with the ball properly when shooting/crossing. I think he must put too much polish on his boots. Cheap Polish polish probably.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Ignorant? I know she has won a number of trophies in the last few years, but I reckon my Mrs could win stuff with Chelsea Women. They are awash with cash to attract the best players.

Sexist? Possibly borderline, but I am full-on realist.  I reckon if I am lucky, very lucky, I might have 25 years left above ground, If there is a women managing a Premier League club in that time span I will eat the Queen's Hat Collection.

As for Jozwiak. Meh. Might come good this season, but he needs to significantly improve his decision making, and work harder on connecting with the ball properly when shooting/crossing. I think he must put too much polish on his boots. Cheap Polish polish probably.

Bang on. 

24 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Yep, so you are being ignorant.

17 hours ago, Jubbs said:

This Fergie? 

image.thumb.png.811bb66d27c9d611284066811a4a6e57.png

20 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Having watch him when he first joined us, plus in a number of Polish internationals, plus a couple of highlight reels of his time at Lech Poznan, there's no doubt in my mind he's a talented footballer.  I thought he did more than Ok last night - yes he misplaced a couple of balls, but he worked hard and tried stuff.  He got himself into some good positions, but didn't receive the ball.  

I don't think anyone here can argue he's a cr4p player - he's not.  It wasn't long ago most were raving about him then of course his form dipped, as did his confidence (along with nearly our whole team). Losing Bielik had a detrimental affect on him IMO plus I feel the lockdowns also affected him - young lad away from home. And yes, he does need to work on his end product, I don't think that's in question.  I strongly believe though, with the right players around him, increased experience of what's required in the English game, and rediscovering his self belief he could be a star performer for us.  I for one look forward to seeing a rejuvenated Joz next season. 

Personally believe he just needs a talented coach to bring out the best in him (this applies to several of our younger players too)

Unfortunately we don't have that in out current manager i.m.o

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong