Jozwiak

vonwright

Joz needs to play in a side that can transition from defence to attack at pace. That wasn't the case with us last season as we were ponderous and turgid, save for when Bielik was fit. He will also improve for the experience. The Championship is such a fierce and physical league and to be fair to him, he was given barely any protection by refs, so writing him off on the basis of a traumatic first season under a coach devoid of ideas is almost as silly at dismissing a the opinions of coaches like Cocu and Hayes whom one might reasonably expect to know a little more about the game and him as a player than anyone on here.

10 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Think she was confusing Joz with another player. I watched the whole match. There’s no way he was one of their best players.

Stats wise, he came out as their 3rd best player. Thought he had a decent enough game myself. Certainly not a player that should be singled out for any kind of criticism 

645E4C27-2BE1-40DF-A4F8-9A142F4088DE.jpeg

38 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

This has to be a wind up surely??? 

What's a windup? You don't agree she's one of the best English managers? Or that she clearly said he was one of our best players? She's incredibly respected within the game and look at the response to her commentary online, it's extremely positive. 

28 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Think she was confusing Joz with another player. I watched the whole match. There’s no way he was one of their best players.

Again, who would I rather have the opinion of, Turk Thrust or Emma Hayes....?

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Thought Joz had a mixed game, put some great crosses, moved the ball well, but also lost the ball or gave it away in dangerous positions a few times. 

Certainly didn't deserve the criticism he's getting like "he's awful" "league 1 player" etc.

Obviously he needs to work on his end product, no one denies that and even he'll say that himself. People are expecting him to be Messi or something. 

15 minutes ago, David said:

Stats wise, he came out as their 3rd best player. Thought he had a decent enough game myself. Certainly not a player that should be singled out for any kind of criticism 

645E4C27-2BE1-40DF-A4F8-9A142F4088DE.jpeg

I think Jozwiak will come good however I think this stat sheet is a bit misleading. He lost the ball and was slow to react to situations. He literally walked after one of the Slovak players at one point. 
He works hard but he must be so frustrating at times. He just seems to switch off. 
That said I do think he’ll come good, I put him in my euro fantasy team just to have a Derby player in (obvs not Marshall because Scotland are going to let some goals in aren’t they) but that might say more about my somewhat woeful fantasy team skills than anything else.

3 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Certainly didn't deserve the criticism he's getting like "he's awful" "league 1 player" etc.

Obviously he needs to work on his end product, no one denies that and even he'll say that himself. People are expecting him to be Messi or something. 

Of course he doesn't, he isn't a poor player. 

I think part of the reason his end product isn't as good as it should because of his unnatural technique, sometimes it is decision making, but mostly it is because of a poor pass or shot. 

38 minutes ago, rynny said:

Thought Joz had a mixed game, put some great crosses, moved the ball well, but also lost the ball or gave it away in dangerous positions a few times. 

I understand what @DazzaRam is saying about Jozwiak's technique, it doesn't seem like he strikes the ball cleanly, reminds of Dirk Kuyt. 

Think this is a fair summary.  His crosses first half were excellent and varied, unfortunately Polish forwards took one touch too many to make them count or they would have gone in front.  I think this reluctance to shoot first time is one of Jozwiak 's own failings - maybe players get more time in Polish league?

I was less impressed defensively,  but he did win the ball back higher up in the press a few times.

Slovakia looked like a typical Championship side - physical, well-drilled and direct on the break. 

All good experience for Jozwiak. 

3 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

In a game we needed to win against Sheff Weds he was left out. That was no surprise. Failed to deliver anything bar workrate in 30 odd games. Can you actually tell me what hes good at? What has he delivered? What has he created? 

Can you tell me any attacker that performed well for us last season? It's Rooney/Cocu's tactics that ruined all our attacking play.

3 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

Because this thread is about Jozwiak isnt it? In a game we needed to win against Sheff Weds he was left out. That was no surprise. Failed to deliver anything bar workrate in 30 odd games. Can you actually tell me what hes good at? What has he delivered? What has he created? 

yeah this is a Jozwiak thread, but you don't have to comment.

He didn't start v Sheff Wed but did look dangerous when he came on and won that penalty. You say it was no surprise but actually the majority of posts on here were surprised Rooney didn't start him.

Your wondering what he's delivered & created this season for Derby, well what has any of our forward players done this season?

It's tough being an attacking wide player in this league. There are millions of them and only a few really stand apart. They all struggle with consistent end product.

I think he's work in progress but with better tactics and more quality to play off up top, I think he'd be one of our better players. I like his drive and positivity, lord knows we need some of that moving forward...

3 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

It's tough being an attacking wide player in this league. There are millions of them and only a few really stand apart. They all struggle with consistent end product.

I think he's work in progress but with better tactics and more quality to play off up top, I think he'd be one of our better players. I like his drive and positivity, lord knows we need some of that moving forward...

Needs better players around him. Quick feet over 5 yards, slow over longer. Needs players who can give and go. Also needs better crossing and shooting.

Tidy footballer who will look better in a slick passing team than a hoof and hope team.

We haven't seem the best of him without a doubt. Are there some flaws in his final product and decision making, yes I think there are. Equally, a neutral audience have just rated him as the 3rd best Polish player on the night and I have no reason to take any real issue with that. Even 2nd half there were a couple of runs 2nd half where he ran at and beat 3/4 players and goodness knows we have precious little of that ability in our squad. To describe him as 'awful' or 'rubbish' on the basis of that performance is baffling to me.

This is great experience for him, let's just be glad that we have Derby players taking part in a major tournament and not looking out of place eh ?

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

What's a windup? You don't agree she's one of the best English managers? Or that she clearly said he was one of our best players? She's incredibly respected within the game and look at the response to her commentary online, it's extremely positive. 

I dont watch women's football so really dont know who she is. Tried to but found it poor. But i watched the game and saw nothing different from Jozwiak that i hadnt seen all season.