Jozwiak

vonwright

8 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

You can prove me wrong with facts anytime you like. 

There's no point in arguing with you. Simply even, if you listened to the commentary their thoughts on Joz were nothing like yours. 

Edited by RoyMac5

7 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

you could say the exact same about Raheem Sterling, yet Man City paid £50 million for him. 

We would be in league 1 now if it wasn't for Marlon Pack or are you forgetting that we got to the point where we were relying on other teams to save us. 

My point is why single out and criticise Jozwiak?

Because this thread is about Jozwiak isnt it? In a game we needed to win against Sheff Weds he was left out. That was no surprise. Failed to deliver anything bar workrate in 30 odd games. Can you actually tell me what hes good at? What has he delivered? What has he created? 

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's no point in arguing with you. Simply even, if you listened to the commentary their thoughts on Joz were nothing like yours. 

Whos arguing? I asked you to enlighten me in your own views about why you rate Jozwiak. 

19 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Because this thread is about Jozwiak isnt it? In a game we needed to win against Sheff Weds he was left out. That was no surprise. Failed to deliver anything bar workrate in 30 odd games. Can you actually tell me what hes good at? What has he delivered? What has he created? 

Did he not win a Penalty in the dying embers of the final game? Which if we hadnt got we would have been relegated?

23 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Whos arguing? I asked you to enlighten me in your own views about why you rate Jozwiak. 

For all the reasons you don't - our views are diametrically opposed. I pointed out that people with more knowledge of football than either of us also rated him.

20 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Did he not win a Penalty in the dying embers of the final game? Which if we hadnt got we would have been relegated?

I already pointed out its a good job he didnt try to score or we would be League 1. 

A lot of foreign players take a while to settle in a new country, I mean Beilek was getting criticism on here when he first came, and he had come from Arsenal not directly from Poland, personally I think you will see a far better Jozwiak next season if we keep him, we have seen glimpses from him, but not consistently.

1 hour ago, DazzaRam said:

Failed to deliver anything... Except winning the penalty?

22 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

I already pointed out its a good job he didnt try to score or we would be League 1. 

Ahhhhhh well yes obviously that doesn't count as a contribution does it? Of course we should have noticed that...

11 hours ago, DazzaRam said:

Jozwiak is awful. Technique is shocking. Im not even convinced he can strike a ball properly. Ive yet to see him have any composure that tells me theres a player there. Runs around alot...thats about it. "hes needs good players around him"...what a load of tosh. Good job he didnt try and score v Sheff Weds or we would be League 1 now. 

So Emma Hayes, one of the best English managers, said he was one of their best players yesterday. But "DazzaRam" thinks he's awful. Hmmmmm who to believe??

42 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Failed to deliver anything... Except winning the penalty?

Ahhhhhh well yes obviously that doesn't count as a contribution does it? Of course we should have noticed that...

1 goal and i reckon 2 assists all season. I can remember 2 assists off top of my head. He was left out the last game...the most crucial game in years. Left out. That tells you summat. 

He reminds me of Russell. Never stops trying, has good skill but somehow the end result for the team isn't quite there.

My view is that the team style is not a good fit to him (or Russell, Ince or any of our wide players). We need out and out wingbacks and overload the centre. OR go 4-5-1 with people in the middle to aim at with crosses.

Edited by FindernRam

5 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

He reminds me of Russell. Never stops trying, has good skill but somehow the end result for the team isn't quite there.

That is hardly surprising last season is it.

He's 23 in his first season in England, there was bound to be settling in issues. Thought overall he always competed well for us.

Edited by RoyMac5

6 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

My view is that the team style is not a good fit to him (or Russell, Ince or any of our wide players). We need out and out wingbacks and overload the centre. OR go 4-5-1 with people in the middle to aim at with crosses.

I agree with the comparison to Russell in workrate. But Russell had far more quality. Some of the goals and assists created by Russell i dont ever see Jozwiak being able to do that. Tries hard...Must do better. 

32 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

So Emma Hayes, one of the best English managers, said he was one of their best players yesterday. But "DazzaRam" thinks he's awful. Hmmmmm who to believe??

Think she was confusing Joz with another player. I watched the whole match. There’s no way he was one of their best players.

2 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

I agree with the comparison to Russell in workrate. But Russell had far more quality. Some of the goals and assists created by Russell i dont ever see Jozwiak being able to do that. Tries hard...Must do better. 

I see what you are trying to say there, Russell was very direct running at defenders towards the goal or past a full back at speed to cross the ball ( usually to Bryson or Martin) so his threat to the opponent’s was greater which is why he probably got as injured as he did with us. Jozwiak just needs to learn a bit more about the English game and adapt what he can do and he would be fine but he also needs the other players to know what he is going to do with the ball because we no longer have the talent of a Bryson or Martin at the top of their game.