McClaren update

Oldben

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Explains the poor results and how badly we need Mac on the training pitch....good that Wazza is taking total responsibility for the shambles....

I am glad that bit of speculation has turned out to he bull poo.

I did believe Rooney's reaction was "trying to find radio friendly words for what a load of baalocks "

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This speculation came from John Percy. It is unlikely to be made up. It is far more likely to be a strategic move from the club's ownership. It's almost like they are distancing McClaren from from the current situation because he's part of the club's future and messers Rooney and Rosenior are not.

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

This speculation came from John Percy. It is unlikely to be made up. It is far more likely to be a strategic move from the club's ownership. It's almost like they are distancing McClaren from from the current situation because he's part of the club's future and messers Rooney and Rosenior are not.

Goodness, I do hope you are right....if so why not put him in charge now and the novice and co on gardening leave...

As I said previously fabricated job title to take the shine off Mel taking him on for a third time, I can’t believe people actually thought he was having no input, whether it’s Wayne or him stood on the touchline decisions/training/team are coming from the same place, it’s the players that are pish and why we could go down. 

18 minutes ago, YouRams said:

As I said previously fabricated job title to take the shine off Mel taking him on for a third time, I can’t believe people actually thought he was having no input, whether it’s Wayne or him stood on the touchline decisions/training/team are coming from the same place, it’s the players that are pish and why we could go down. 

Yeah to be fair,I'd believe anything a Scouser says....

31 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I am glad that bit of speculation has turned out to he bull poo.

I did believe Rooney's reaction was "trying to find radio friendly words for what a load of baalocks "

Thats not how i saw it. The way he reacted looked and sounded to me as if their was definitely truth in it and he was trying to fabricate a response on the spot to deflect attention. Definitely did nothing to reassure me that it was nonsense

34 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Hope so.

image.png.653fd673df94e0cd6fff4f201b35f471.png

Anyone else as baffled by this statement as me? Does 'advice' not qualify as 'input'? And if Mac has 'never had any 'input', in what way is his advice 'very important'? That aside, if Mac has really never had any input, or a minimal amount at best, why? It's utter madness that a bunch of novices in charge of a team whose form is in freefall are not banging down his door everyday. 

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

image.png.653fd673df94e0cd6fff4f201b35f471.png

Anyone else as baffled by this statement as me? Does 'advice' not qualify as 'input'? And if Mac has 'never had any 'input', in what way is his advice 'very important'? That aside, if Mac has really never had any input, or a minimal amount at best, why? It's utter madness that a bunch of novices in charge of a team whose form is in freefall are not banging down his door everyday. 

Very confusing.

Especially when we have literally seen him go down to where the dugout is and talk to the coaches on multiple occasions. I don’t think he was asking them how they all liked their coffee.

You want to know what I suspect?

I reckon when things started to go badly, McClaren tried to have a bit more of an influence because he saw what was going wrong and tried to help and give his input. Be it down to pride or ignorance or arrogance or all three, Rooney & Co got the hump and have now marginalised him. He didn’t look happy at all at Blackburn, visibly and vocally. 

John Percy does not make up stories. In fact, I was under the impression he got his information from the top branches of the tree at DCFC. So I think it’s safe to assume that there is some sort of problem. 

Rooney and his rookie team are digging their own graves. Sadly, they are probably taking us down with them. Unacceptable and the run of results just continues with no real sign of a recovery. They have shown enough to suggest they will not take us forward. They should get proper experience at the right level elsewhere. Mel Morris' final sad debacle. Whether Rotherham help us to stay up, it  is doubtful the new owners will persevere with them. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Very confusing.

Especially when we have literally seen him go down to where the dugout is and talk to the coaches on multiple occasions. I don’t think he was asking them how they all liked their coffee.

You want to know what I suspect?

I reckon when things started to go badly, McClaren tried to have a bit more of an influence because he saw what was going wrong and tried to help and give his input. Be it down to pride or ignorance or arrogance or all three, Rooney & Co got the hump and have now marginalised him. He didn’t look happy at all at Blackburn, visibly and vocally. 

John Percy does not make up stories. In fact, I was under the impression he got his information from the top branches of the tree at DCFC. So I think it’s safe to assume that there is some sort of problem. 

Let's be honest, we all know he had input and it's my hunch it was significant. I actually think Mac's influence became less welcome during the good run of form with Bielik in the side. We've not seen the chats with the coaches and the bench, or the furious scribbling of in-game notes for a long while now and you have to ask yourself why.

Journalist makes up story with no solid foundation, manager denies It, everyone ignores him 
I can’t believe that people still believe all the crap spouted by lazy hacks. 

great answer by Wayne, he should ban  Percy the rick from his press conferences. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Journalist makes up story with no solid foundation, manager denies It, everyone ignores him 

great answer by Wayne, he should ban  Percy the rick from his press conferences. 

Anyone else and I’d have some sympathy with your view, but this is Percy we’re discussing. He has very good connections with the club hierarchy apparently, so what’s he got to gain from a piece of lazy journalism?  His reputation is more valuable to him, I’d wager. 

On 24/04/2021 at 03:49, Jimbo Ram said:

Mmmmm, not sure Wazza’s behaviour during Cocu’s tenure makes him Mr Trustworthy either....not sure I could throw Wazza very far either ?

Any distance would help

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

This is exactly why this rubbish exists on the net..no foundation..no evidence of any reality..its even been dismissed by the guy it's aimed at as BS...but people will believe what they want to believe...and so it will continue.....

Archived