McClaren update

Oldben

It's a rehash of the Telegraph article and not but alleged and supposition.

"Derby County manager Wayne Rooney and his coaching team are thought to have marginalised Steve McClaren from the first-team decision-making process in recent weeks, according to The Telegraph.

The Telegraph have reported that Rooney has decided to not involve former England and Derby manager McClaren as much in terms of the decision making on team selections and tactics. While the report adds that although he is the club’s technical director and not on the coaching staff, he has still been marginalised at a crucial period in the campaign."

12 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/update-emerges-regarding-behind-scenes-developments-at-Derby-county-amid-relegation-worries/

I'm sure many speculated this was happening.

Surely at such a time for the club, the advice of mclaren, would be helpful.

He's an experienced manager.

I reckon they're speculating as well.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but under the circumstances we were in when Cocu left, Steve Mac until the end of the season would have been a much safer and more sensible option...

Maybe, maybe not.

I just think it was silly to put McClaren in such an ill-defined role. Or if it was well-defined, then it was silly of McClaren to step over the mark.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Maybe, maybe not.

I just think it was silly to put McClaren in such an ill-defined role. Or if it was well-defined, then it was silly of McClaren to step over the mark.

I tend to agree but how do we know what his role profile is and if he has over stepped the mark? 

I must admit that I have no idea what he does but I doubt he was brought in and told to just hang around in the stand.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but under the circumstances we were in when Cocu left, Steve Mac until the end of the season would have been a much safer and more sensible option...

Come on Mel loves the publicity, so Rooney fits in with want he has always done, Mel has stars in his eyes, not a football thinking man at all

But yes Steve Mac had the experience we needed at the time to get us out of this mess. 

Maybe baalocks, maybe not.

Given Rooney's defensive reaction when asked about McClaren's role previously (when things were going quite well), and his increasingly stubborn character in recent interviews now he's really up against it, I wouldn't rule it out.

Edited by Coconut