McClaren update

Oldben

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Mac’s team took it to another level....

Which was wisdom on loan who replaced the lad who went to Bournmouth who had a decent premiership career unlike wisdom and Thorne who played 13 games, whilst he looked good it’s worth remembering that all the others were buzzing with excellence when he eventually got into the team due to Eustace injury  ( Dawkins came in as a fourth wide player) 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I can’t remember other teams around us splashing the cash and bringing loads of new players in?. But they have continued to pick up more points than us? Just trying to think why that might be.....

The poster was talking about recruitment and I answered about recruitment.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I can’t remember other teams around us splashing the cash and bringing loads of new players in?. But they have continued to pick up more points than us? Just trying to think why that might be.....

We also had to sell te Wierik, Evans, Holmes and Whittaker just to pay the wages for Dec/Jan. Rooney recently retired too.

Te Wierik vs Mengi, Evans vs Edmundson, Holmes vs Baningime, Whittaker vs Roberts, Rooney vs Gregory.

January's business weakened us. The loss of Bielik on top of that. Then further small injuries to Byrne, Clarke, Mengi, Edmundson, Waghorn, Gregory and Stretton meant no squad rotation to keep players fresh. Kazim, Clarke and Edmundson have has to play through injuries due to a range of circumstances 

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We also had to sell te Wierik, Evans, Holmes and Whittaker just to pay the wages for Dec/Jan. Rooney recently retired too.

Te Wierik vs Mengi, Evans vs Edmundson, Holmes vs Baningime, Whittaker vs Roberts, Rooney vs Gregory.

January's business weakened us. The loss of Bielik on top of that. Then further small injuries to Byrne, Clarke, Mengi, Edmundson, Waghorn, Gregory and Stretton meant no squad rotation to keep players fresh. Kazim, Clarke and Edmundson have has to play through injuries due to a range of circumstances 

None of the players we sold were certain starters, all fringe players other than perhaps Holmes....

On 30/04/2021 at 11:58, The_Sheriff said:

Always felt Mcclaren only had a Plan A and was happy to see him go both times. I felt some squads should have been getting top 2 and he perhaps underachieved with us. I see him as a fantastic coach but not so great of a manager.

However i was looking yesterday at win percentages and he has a very impressive record - one of our top managers. So statistically for Derby he has been very good so i am now in two minds about a possibility of a MAC3

not sure how much involvement he is having with Rooney. Rooney always seems to shut down any suggestions of Mcclaren helping out.

Oh, I miss those days when we had plan A.