Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

Annoyed with myself made a few school boy errors this morning should have sorted my signing in out yesterday and found out this morning I could get logged in by the time I had got logged on I was 133000 in a queue. Then I just got kicked out.

Done my head in all morning 

In-demand pricing is an abomination - it is authorised scalping. How Ticketmaster are allowed to get away with it is beyond me.

I tried this morning through ticketmaster.co.uk and got nowhere near their website, let alone the queue for tickets. Ticketmaster.com got me to the queue for tickets, behind 250,000 others. 

At that point I left.

Still, at least Ticketmaster website just about worked. See Tickets hasn't all morning!

I think people would be more tolerant with website issues, if they felt their was a fair system in place.

Introduce mandatory photo ID checks making them completely untransferable. 

Can’t attend? Receive a full refund 14 days prior, that ticket then is resold for exactly the same price with mailing alerts for when they become available.

That and scrap in demand prices, Ticketmaster knew full well these were going to be in demand so be honest up front. Don’t have people going in with £150 notes ready to buy a ticket, to then be faced with a no thinking time dilemma of paying more than double the price.

It’s utterly shameful behaviour not just from Ticketmaster but the artists that have the power to make a stand here and start dictating a fair policy to the vendors.

6 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

About 20 minutes ago! 😄

It's pot luck, luckily my Brother got in early(ish) doors and managed to get to the front and book tickets before it threw him out. Others not so lucky by the sounds of it. I couldn't get in at all to start, then when I did I was about 50,000 in the queue. Luckily he started at 4,000 and got the job done.

Managed to land Heaton Park, over the moon! Some day with the Rams result too!

Remember back in the day spending hours trying to get England football tickets.  Never again. 

Even though I love Oasis would rather see a tribute band in Flowerpot  drinking decent real ale and guaranteed to get last bus home or taxi. Far easier and less stressful.

Edited by cstand

On 31/08/2024 at 12:42, Day said:

Ticketmaster triggered in demand prices, that £150 went up to £355.

Shame bands don’t care enough to make a stand against this type of behaviour. Oasis would have agreed to this as well.

IMG_0053.png

There was a geezer on the news today defending the demand based pricing model.

He was asked if the demand had been consistently high from the offset when the tickets first went on sale then why then did the price go up later on during the day 

He couldn't answer.

I suspect that this is feeding off people's emotions if they had been in a queue all day then finally you get a place to buy a ticket are you then going to turn that opportunity down. It's scandalous.

I was also waiting for the glut of tickets to instantly appear for resale. The boss of Ticketmaster was quick to point out that it's not illegal to resell tickets despite the Gallagher brothers saying they would cancel tickets if they found out they had been resold for a huge profit.

They'd have more chance of platting pee. 

On 31/08/2024 at 17:40, YouRams said:

Managed to land Heaton Park, over the moon! Some day with the Rams result too!

I'm tempted to take a deck chair and sit by the lake listening to it for nowt.

On 27/08/2024 at 22:48, Day said:

I know a number 2 would be needed at some point and you can't start launching turds into the crowd as well without feeling ever so slightly guilty it could end up in the hood of a Stone Island parka.

With the Olympic committee looking for new sports to debut at LA 2028, I think we have our first truly original suggestion.