vs Brummies (H) - Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

Just hope he realises that playing the 3 of Shinnie, Bird and Knight does not work, needs 4 attacking players on the pitch from the off and probably not include CKR from the start, he clearly doesn't look fit, I'm not a fan of Waghorn but tell him yo ho and run his baalocks off for 60 and have Lawrence,  Sibley and Jozwiak/Roberts buzzing around, we didn't play badly against Norwich and Blackburn and he shouldn't have changed it for the Preston.

One last thing, tell them to get shots away from the edge of the area, don't keep trying to play it into the box and if it's wide, there has to be min 3 in the box for a cross!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big problem is we need 3 points. To do that we need to score. And I just can't see us scoring. 

CKR was terrible on Tue, very few other options. I'd probably just try get as many players on the pitch who on their day are capable of a bit of magic...something like.. 

Roos

Byrne Edmundson Clarke Buchanan 

Shinnie

Knight 

Lawrence Sibley Roberts 

Waghorn 

Maybe Buchanan works when playing a high line and pinning back the opposition (rare I know for anything longer than 15 mins) but I just don’t have the confidence in him to try and drive forward otherwise. His crossing has been poor and he looks to play safe and backwards to many times. 
I know Fozzie gets stick but for me, he’s the more positive player atm 

Roos

Byrne       Edmundson     Clarke     Forsyth

Shinnie        Bird 

Waghorn       Roberts       Lawrence

CKR

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Got a feeling that, if we lose today, that’ll be it for WR. Perhaps I’m reading too much into that John Percy article.

Can’t remember the last time I felt this nervous for a game. 

This game is as big as the playoff final of 2 years ago. The outcome today could change the future of this club. It's essentially a relegation playoff. If we win it's highly likely we'll stay up, if we lose then we'll probably get relegated. It's massive. 

20 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Roos

Byrne       Edmundson     Clarke     Forsyth

Shinnie        Bird 

Waghorn       Roberts       Lawrence

CKR

I went for that other than Sibbo for Waggers..

15 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

This game is as big as the playoff final of 2 years ago. The outcome today could change the future of this club. It's essentially a relegation playoff. If we win it's highly likely we'll stay up, if we lose then we'll probably get relegated. It's massive. 

Indeed

I've been feeling massivly negative all this week, basically since Blackburn equalised deep inside I've just "known" we're going down.

But, I get stuff wrong all the time.

I would love it if we get to safety. If we win today.

I would love it if Rooney is the man and gets us though this.

Like everyone else who posts on here, I want the best for DCFC.

I want to be wrong and I want Derby to do what needs to be done.

Lucky sun in the sky today. We managed to draw at Bournemouth 1-1 and smashed Stoke City 4-0 with this ref.

I'm sat in a different end for this one in my lucky Sunhouse Crazy On The Weekend T-Shirt.

I can feel all your love for the club amongst the chaos. C'mon Mr Rooney I believe in you and the lads.

Loud crowd at the statue.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I've been feeling massively negative all this week, basically since Blackburn equalised deep inside I've just "known" we're going down.

But, I get stuff wrong all the time.

I would love it if we get to safety. If we win today.

I would love it if Rooney is the man and gets us though this.

Like everyone else who posts on here, I want the best for DCFC.

I want to be wrong and I want Derby to do what needs to be done.

Got to win our homes games for sure. Lets hope the midweek clear the air 'home truths' has helped. I'm happier with Eddy and Clarke at the back. Just hope we go for a lively front line. #COYR

23 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wazza must be aware that the threat from Brum will come with high balls . We need 8 players who can head the ball and a goalie that can punch it . There will be no excuse for the team not being prepared. And he can’t use zonal marking.

Ah but there are some on this site that preach we shouldn't be worrying about the opposition and trying to negate their strengths. 

Speaking to club media ahead of the game, Rooney suggested his players were ready and it was on them now to get a result.

“Massive game for us,” said the Derby boss. “It’s a game which we’ve very well prepared for. We’re ready. The players are ready."

Wasn't that something similar to other recent games.

Please, Please lets get 3 points today, i am so nervous, but the only time we win, is when i don't watch us so today i will be keeping a check on the score but will not be watching, i hate missing games, been watching us for nearly 43 years now, but for the sake of 3 points i will miss it

So Please Derby make my weekend and Win, last time we was in Division 3 was when i was 13 years old, for  our financial future we must stay up. 

Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

8 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Speaking to club media ahead of the game, Rooney suggested his players were ready and it was on them now to get a result.

“Massive game for us,” said the Derby boss. “It’s a game which we’ve very well prepared for. We’re ready. The players are ready."

Wasn't that something similar to other recent games.

I'd have been much happier if he'd said "Yeah, yeah, we know what's what! We're just kicking back, don't get so uptight..." ?

Archived