vs Brummies (H) - Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

My biggest worry is that Birmingham are a physical side, and we don't seem to be ab le to handle that type of  team. We held out against Rotherham until they scored, and then just completely wilted once the goal went in. Preston were similarly physical, although not quite as brutal as Rotherham, but we still lost most of the 50-50 balls. And has anybody seen the penalty incident in the Forest match? It was supposedly an innocent clash of two players both going for the same ball, but Juckiawicz simply jumps straight into the Forest player,  leading with his elbow. It was typical Juckiawicz, and typical Birmingham. And their fans all claim their man did nothing wrong, because roughing up the opposition is normal activity.

All we can do is play on the front foot, play on the floor and with pace as big bruising sides tend not to be able to cope with real football.

Here's hoping.

Roos

Byrne   Edmondston Clarke Forsyth    

Knight.   Shinnie    
                      Sibley

waghorn        Richards.    Lawrence 

we have to score goals and not mess about sideways nonsense- players who shoot please - Birmingham will target Byrne in the air obviously but give them a reason to be defending 

We've got to do something to try and manufacture a win from somewhere. I think we have to get on the front foot, play a similar type of football as we did at blackburn with a fluid attacking line up making it hard to defend against. Defensively, we need to ensure that we're solid and get support from the midfield to help them out. Most of all, the players have just got give absolutely everything today- not another preston where the effort was utterly lacking. 

Today is a must win i think- otherwise I can see us falling below the trap door. I'm already nervous for this! COYR

It's absolutely vital that we don't concede first because without total lack of confidence car all know that will effectively and they game when the boys heads drop.

Hang on until at least half time then try and play real football as per Leeds fans comments...that way we might have half a chance of winning this.

Try and match birmingham with the physical game a and not only will the ref come down on us like a ton of bricks again but it's not something are are capable of doing anyway.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

21 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

We've got to do something to try and manufacture a win from somewhere. I think we have to get on the front foot, play a similar type of football as we did at blackburn with a fluid attacking line up making it hard to defend against. Defensively, we need to ensure that we're solid and get support from the midfield to help them out. Most of all, the players have just got give absolutely everything today- not another preston where the effort was utterly lacking. 

Today is a must win i think- otherwise I can see us falling below the trap door. I'm already nervous for this! COYR

So CKR up front on his own, and a team full of defensive-mids it is then!

6 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

So CKR up front on his own, and a team full of defensive-mids it is then!

With the ball inevitably and invariably lumped up to him, his hold up play and skill with his feet totally ignored in favour of using him as a battering ram, this despite being unfit, out of form and increasingly losing out in physical battles.

Roos

Byrne     Edmundson        Clarke      Buchanan

Shinniesta

Bird                            Knight

Roberts                      Kazim                Lawrence 

Joz and Festy would be in the mix too for me in a game that we really need to win and in order to do that, we must adopt a positive strategy and mindset.

I'd have Shinnie screening the back 4 and encourage Byrne and Buchanan to get forward whenever they can. When they do, FFS can we please get some bodies into the box!!

COYR

7 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Roos

Byrne     Edmundson        Clarke      Buchanan

Shinniesta

Bird                            Knight

Roberts                      Kazim                Lawrence 

Joz and Festy would be in the mix too for me in a game that we really need to win and in order to do that, we must adopt a positive strategy and mindset.

I'd have Shinnie screening the back 4 and encourage Byrne and Buchanan to get forward whenever they can. When they do, FFS can we please get some bodies into the box!!

COYR

I’d swap Bird with Sibley just as I think he offers more of an attacking threat, however hope the team is something similar to this and we go all out attack. Come on Derby get straight into them, get an early goal and we’ll smash them.

COYR ?

Well, it's been a few days since the PNE match and I can't say that I'm any more optimistic now the dust has settled.  

No real positive noises coming out of the club this week, if anything Looney's " It’s on (the players) to now go on and respond well in the game tomorrow" compounds my fears about his lack of connectivity to the club. I want to see a manager hurt in our situation and be hearing "we" a lot more in interviews.

Expect a poor selection and tactics, and to be comfortably beaten, and if so he really can't stay in charge for the last 2 games.