vs Brummies (H) - Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

Went for a 3-1 home defeat, it could be a draw which at this stage is still not good enough. Derby have 4L, joint worst sequence. It may be possible we put a brake on it.

Birmingham 6L away, all against sides in the top 10. They are unbeaten against lower half on the road.

The defensive reshuffle, injuries may cost us. Last season's game was a see-saw affair where we they missed at penalty at 2-2 after being 2-0 down.

A terrible stat from the Preston game. Their interim manager went into our game, knowing the first goal was vital as we have lost 20/22 games when we have conceded first, drawing the other two. It is now 23 games & 21L. 

On 20/04/2021 at 15:49, Leeds Ram said:

I think Rooney and the coaches have got to think a way to simplify the playing style and get us on the front foot from the off. We can't do anything too complex in terms of transition in defence-attack as the players are making too many errors so we've got to come up with a way to minimise those occurrences. Again we didn't look threatening in open play against Preston, all our chances came from set pieces and we lack any serious penetration. 

Thanks to the Preston result a draw is really no good for us especially as we've still got to go to Swansea. Birmingham have just won safety but are in terrific form so it could be that they'll relax now they've earned survival or absolutely get at us as they're full of confidence. Sheffield Wednesday only need to pick up 1 more point than us in the next 2 to have a shot at overtaking us so a win is absolutely essential- anything less and I think it'll be curtains for us. 

Curtains? Pull yourself together

15 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

All above you cant say is correct apart from ,the worrying thing is our last two games have been against teams that little to play for yes there was a mathematical chance of relegation for them but very unlikely given the teams below them and we have lost both games.

I just cant see were we are going to get any more points this season let alone a win ,last night performance was an absolute shocker probably one of the worst displays this season,i can see Rotherham getting a result tonight as Neil Warnock as already lambasted his players in public after there defeat to QPR at the weekend saying there already on the beech and he as told players in there squad already they will not get new contracts

Already on the beech?  They may be starting to pine for the end of the season, but knowing Warnock he will probably birch them on the palm.  They did enough to bamboo(zle) Rotherham anyway.

25 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If we don't win against Birmingham I do think it's more than likely we'll go down which is not an unreasonable claim. 

Will then depend on what happens in the Rotherham and Wendies games. Hope Boro show the same desire as they did v Rotherham....hopefully Brentford will also do is a big favour...

Duck knows! But I'd rather chuck the kitchen sink at trying then just attempt to hold out for a point.

Roos
Byrne  Edmundson  Clarke  Buchanan
                       Shinnie
  Roberts  Watson  Sibley  Lawrence
                      Cybulski

Subs: Marshall, Forsyth, Bird, Waghorn, Kazim, Ebosele, Knight, J Brown, Shonibare

Roos in for Marshall. Buchanan to start over Forsyth (I just think he adds more attacking intent). Shinnie on his own in front of the back 4 running round like a madman breaking up play. Watson to start at AM alongside Sibbo. Big Bartosz up front (haven't been too impressed with Kaz over the last few games and we don't have many other options). I'm assuming Wiz and Jozwiak aren't fit, so left them off the bench.

Come on lads! No one wants a relegation on their CV! ?

I’m thinking along the lines of giving Marshall a breather. I put it that way to avoid criticising him but it’s not happening for him lately so some time out might be beneficial for all parties.

I would suggest Shinnie for captain in his absence but on reflection I think I’d give it to Clarke as a nod to his contribution to us during his time here as I think they would have more cheek than old Harry, as they say here in Hertfordshire, to hold an end of season awards night.

Edited by Pearl Ram

19 hours ago, Asanovic70 said:

Went for a 3-1 home defeat, it could be a draw which at this stage is still not good enough. Derby have 4L, joint worst sequence. It may be possible we put a brake on it.

Birmingham 6L away, all against sides in the top 10. They are unbeaten against lower half on the road.

The defensive reshuffle, injuries may cost us. Last season's game was a see-saw affair where we they missed at penalty at 2-2 after being 2-0 down.

A terrible stat from the Preston game. Their interim manager went into our game, knowing the first goal was vital as we have lost 20/22 games when we have conceded first, drawing the other two. It is now 23 games & 21L. 

Hardly rocket science though, considering we can't score.

There is a fair chance that if your team score the first goal you will go onto win the game

5 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Will then depend on what happens in the Rotherham and Wendies games. Hope Boro show the same desire as they did v Rotherham....hopefully Brentford will also do is a big favour...

I think if we don't get a win it'll go down to the last day of the season and we'll fall through the trap door. 

14 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think if we don't get a win it'll go down to the last day of the season and we'll fall through the trap door. 

I don’t think we’ll win another game but still stay up, luckily very luckily.