vs Brummies (H) - Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Can anyone please tell me the answer to this question? 

Why, when we are only playing three attacking players, do we think it's a good idea to have two of them standing over each set piece? 

?

I’ve often wondered that. I assume it’s to keep the opposition guessing as to who is going to take it (in swinger or out swinger, curving to the right of the goal or to the left) depending on where the free kick is of course. But, more often than not, it’s obvious who’s going to take it by the way their lining up.

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Why, when we are only playing three attacking players, do we think it's a good idea to have two of them standing over each set piece? 

?

Yes that drove me mad, we needed every potential scorer in the attack. Why not let Byrne or Shinnie take them tbh, cos the one's that were put over were dreadful.

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

?

Probably because having 8 players on the box who cant score is not different to having 9 in the box who cant.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

You may well be right but there didn’t seem to be a lot of zonal defending by the 10 outfield players for the second goal. There were five defenders in or around the six yard box but they were all in a cluster in the centre. 

1EF2DA7E-6F1C-4D58-8ECA-1F60674DC357.png

And their talismanic Ariel threat of a striker still got a free header at the back stick, thats neither zonal or man to man...... clueless defending lol

surely if in doubt .. find a man mark him 

and start with the big ducker  

Edited by NottsRam77