Relegation watch

Spanish

38 minutes ago, Curtains said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-v-swansea-city-3132998

They have injuries.

I think these teams need to be investigated. 

Hillsborough has under soil heating, so it's very odd. They can't even use the excuse of icy conditions outside the stadium being a danger to spectators; there aren't any!

1 hour ago, AGR said:

Rotherham match already called off due to a frozen pitch. Even Chorley managed to hire heaters for a few days leading up to our FA Cup match. Surely a Championship club should be expected to do the same. I can understand matches getting called off for rain and snow but frozen pitches seems a bit amateur-ish at this level

Surprised they haven't utilised the rent-a-gob that was at our game. Surely all the hot air he expels would sort their pitch out. 

Tomorrow looks like a big opportunity now.

We can put the pressure right back on Rotherham and Sheff Wed if we win.

I think the next 5 games will be pivotal for us. 9-10 points and we’ll be giving ourselves a very good shot of staying up.

Anything less and panic will start to set in.

44 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Watching game Blackburn vs Preston and pitch looks fine and this is being played in the evening.

So what is wrong with Rotherham and Sheff Wednesday pitches !

They're in Yorkshire whereas Blackburn's is in Gtr Manchester/Lancashire and weather conditions can vary massively between places even a relatively short distance apart.

...is the simple answer.

I know that I've been sat at home in Derby and there's hardly been any show, receiving emails from our office in Maltby saying they've had to shut the yard due to extreme weather conditions.

Edited by Coconut

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Ours will be the next to be called off. Can’t see our skeleton staff being able to get the game on, nor we will  pay to turn the under soil heating on ?

Skeleton staff?

You mean we've not got a ghost of a chance?

Or are you just ribbing?

Come on, make no bones about it!

Edited by Brammie Steve

Not surprised to see Wednesday get their game off.

It wasn’t called early to stop Swansea travelling as they were already half way there.

Their schedule was already fitting games in, they had 12 games in 6 weeks and this frozen pitch falls perfectly in the middle of that period.

Big game today for Rooney, really could do with winning but I'd take a point now. Hopefully with the extended break he has been able to sort out the balance of the team and erase the abysmal performance last time out, all the old bad habits appeared from early season. Still to be convinced the purple patch we've had was more about Bielik than Rooney taking over.

On 10/02/2021 at 09:49, Tyler Durden said:

No, I've already made the same point a number of times previously, to be behind a team who started the season with 6 points fewer than us is absolutely scandalous and the blame needs to lie squarely with Morris for not bulleting Cocu earlier but also handing him a totally imbalanced and inadequate squad of players which he then contrived to mismanage. 

You can slice it anyway you like but we should never be in this position, I don't blame Cocu anymore as he was allowed to drag the team down to the position we are still struggling to recover from.

When u say no .. do u mean yes u agree with what I said lol ?