Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

1 minute ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Apart from stating the obvious, what do you think WR did wrong tonight.  We should’ve been 0-2 at the break thanks to Roberts, we we were not  Sibley, great save, Kasim had 2 unbelievable goal scoring opportunities.  Wayne ain’t on the pitch anymore.

Maybe set up the team in a way that we don't concede from corners would be a start. It's a good thing he isn't on the pitch, we'd be in a worse shape than we already are. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

We had enough chances to win that game.  We have so many first team players out,  I’m suprised we are still in games.  What would you do??

do we actually have a first team,i must have missed that,have we actually played the same eleven two games on the trott

7 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Okay so the coach doesn’t tell his players who they’re marking at set pieces? Interesting ?

Changing the system which was working in the first half. Bringing on CKR (did okay so not an insult to him) which meant the fluidity of the top 4 was lost. Bringing on 2 Inexperienced players when things weren’t going too badly. 

You don’t know what the coach tells the players, you don’t know if they do as they were told!! 
WR substitutions had a stone wall penalty bottled by the ref , and 2, yes 2, opportunities for CKR that he should’ve buried.  Stop trying to think you know what WR asked of the players, you don’t.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

do we actually have a first team,i must have missed that,have we actually played the same eleven two games on the trott

Not for a long time. And that's another reason why we've been dragged back into the scrap

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can't say that Martin isn't here and Waghorn appears to have given up.

Well if you're gunning for Millenniumram levels of pedantry, then how about.... 

Of the players here both seasons there has been a modest decline. This is compounded by previous high scorers' replacements not being as prolific. 

Either way....as a team we score fewer than last season and the extent of the reduction is greater than the rest of the division. 

?

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well if you're gunning for Millenniumram levels of pedantry, then how about.... 

Of the players here both seasons there has been a modest decline. This is compounded by previous high scorers' replacements not being as prolific. 

Either way....as a team we score fewer than last season and the extent of the reduction is greater than the rest of the division. 

?

Yes, and I pointed out the reason for that.

Obviously an incredibly unhelpful result & infuriating to throw away a lead and waste so many chances. Im not denying we're in deep trouble but I actually saw enough in us going forward today to think we'll get out of this.

Couldn't fault Rooney's line up - plenty of movement & creativity up top & our best combination in midfield. Whilst Blackburn had their moments, we were clearly the better side first half. Shinnie & Bird dominated the middle, constantly winning second balls & moving the play forward. Consequently, the four forward players saw plenty of quality and started linking up well together. The frustrating thing was that we weren't further ahead given the opportunities with Roberts guilty of the worst miss.

Their equaliser was pretty sickening & totally avoidable. Its a sad fact that sides don't have to do anything special to score against us & a small push on Lawrence before a routine free header is as criminal as it gets.

Second half, they did exert more control and were dangerous at the break but I cant believe we didnt score again. 2 great saves from Kazim, Roberts beating 4 men and falling over, numerous openings for Jozwiak, Lawrence free kick & Byrne hitting the post...it just went on & on. And to compound it we're opened up easily for their winner...poor from Wisdom, poor from Marshall & not good enough at the back all match.

Things look bleak but there's still 4 to play & we are capable of winning any of them. We need to be brave, we need to continue being proactive & look to score goals. Defensively we were appalling but that can be improved. Keep your chins up

Wisdom rides again??‍♂️, been saying for ages he is not good enough

we have to hope there are 3 teams bad enough to keep Derby up because our players , management and coaches don’t have what it takes to keep Derby up 

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Seems the old, players are to blame for being rubbish is being wheeled out again.

Well.......they may be I suppose.

But I seem to remember us being at the top of the form table recently.

image.gif.b0dcd2e13f00d0949c71eb9433739dda.gif

I seem to remember Bielik not being inured as well. He carried the donkeys around him by the balls and got us playing much better front foot football. 

37 minutes ago, AbuDerbyDave said:

Sure their first goal was a header 

Second goal then!

Don't tell me they got a third.

The one that bent inside Marshall, despite him getting a despairing touch on it.

Archived