Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. Are you unable to follow more than one thread of thought at a time.

It was an ironic thread - there's some it seems who think we should be storming the league, held back only by Rooney's lack of nouce! We have a poor squad. But even so Rooney is getting more out of them than most experienced managers would.

You thought we should be storming the league last season under Cocu and were unhappy with a 10th place finish. A huge amount of cognitive dissonance going on here. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AbuDerbyDave said:

Your right it was the second goal ?‍♂️ Won’t tell you they got a third. Just had the hump at the time & had to reply 

No worries fella, it's not pleasant to watch at the moment, all the crap bits merge into one.

Just now, Andicis said:

You thought we should be storming the league last season under Cocu and were unhappy with a 10 place finish. A huge amount of cognitive dissonance going on here. 

I don't remember believing we should storm the league. I maybe hoped we would keep up the challenge. You tell me what happened at the end of the season then. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I don't remember believing we should storm the league. I maybe hoped we would keep up the challenge. You tell me what happened at the end of the season then. 

You were hugely critical of Cocu who finished 10th place with this squad. You simply  do not get to demand fans are patient with Rooney because you like him, when he's currently trying to relegate a squad Cocu got 10th. Of all posters, you were by far the most vocal anti Cocu voice on here, yet seem to be completely fine with Rooney who has us 21st and with half of the goals. It's baffling. 

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I hope you won’t be offended when I say you’re one of the more pessimistic posters on the forum.

Your confidence in our fate is reassuring, so I thank you.

I’m still pooping it mind.

Nothing to do with optimism or pessimism, it’s just how it is. 

March and April has always looked a tough run and we have lost something like 8 from 11 away from home since the turn of the year.

So if you want to admire anyone’s optimism, it should be those who thought we would get 4-6 points from Blackburn and Preston, and even better those who thought we would get something against Reading and Norwich.

After Luton, it was always going to come down to those two final home games to finish the job.

I hope we’ll pull out two performances from nowhere and just stay up. But to be honest, I’ve been coming to terms with the possibility of us going down ever since Rooney was appointed. So I am not even fearful or surprised if the worst happens.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Sorry, I know I've replied already, but I'd blanked out us standing like statues in a line and watching someone attack the ball and nod it in.

Space is the danger, not forwards.

Can’t understand this reasoning. Got a 6ft 7 man in box & we’re zonal marking ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Did Wayne tell Tom who to mark at the corner? No.  It’s up to the defence to organise the set up. Ffs.

Also what silly changes were made?

Lawrence was first man to cut a flat corner out. Gallagher bumped him out of the way and got a free header.  

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

You were hugely critical of Cocu who finished 10th place with this squad. You simply  do not get to demand fans are patient with Rooney because you like him, when he's currently trying to relegate a squad Cocu got 10th. Of all posters, you were by far the most vocal anti Cocu voice on here, yet seem to be completely fine with Rooney who has us 21st and with half of the goals. It's baffling. 

That quote is sooooo funny.

Cocu had us in the relegation zone before he quit/was sacked (you chose). He left us with a threadbare, almost strikerless squad. But yeah it's the same squad for Rooney. ?

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

No I think that was Cocu because he'd sold all the strikers. 

Or something. 

It's all his fault anyway as others keep asserting. ?

Oooh dear can't get round that one without resulting to cheap shots. We'd be down by now if we'd stuck with Cocu. ?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

That quote is sooooo funny.

Cocu had us in the relegation zone before he quit/was sacked (you chose). He left us with a threadbare, almost strikerless squad. But yeah it's the same squad for Rooney. ?

It was 11 games by the way. He was about to get a fit Bielik back, and in hindsight had a pretty tough run of fixtures to start with. Your biases are so extreme, that's what I find funny. 

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We have a poor squad. But even so Rooney is getting more out of them than most experienced managers would.

Now I know you are on the wind up. 1 win in 11 with plenty of winnable games, negative mentality and some baffling selections. Last few games have been slightly improved which is almost more worrying as it feels like we just can't get it right no matter what. 

Just now, Andicis said:

It was 11 games by the way. He was about to get a fit Bielik back, and in hindsight had a pretty tough run of fixtures to start with. Your biases are so extreme, that's what I find funny. 

This is so true .

Rooney without Bielik Derby already relegated by now. 

Just now, Andicis said:

When we have a squad chosen by Rooney (or whoever) then comment again. Cocu was given money and time, and had good players to start with. He was cack.

Archived