Match Thread - Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - Friday 16th April, 6pm

i-Ram

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

@AndicisWe had chances to win that game. If we were less pro active, I feel you are the sort of poster that would criticise us if we played like this, we have a paper thin squad and WR knew we needed to win this.  We went for it and  didn’t win. 

You're right, I would. Because we don't hold leads very well in recent weeks. The problem is, our attacking just isn't good enough. Not today, over the full season. I'd say that's down to how we've set up all year, rather than the players. 

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

All of the players who have been in the Derby County first team both last season and this, in a period when the team as a whole has scored significantly fewer goals. 

Duck me you can be blooming hard work. 

Perhaps because the point you're trying to make isn't valid. We're not the only ones and there is a reason for it with us.

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Her indoors asked me why I can't just support a different team.

I told her I'm more likely to get a different wife.

Weird innit, I work with all Red dogs apart from one notts county fan.  When it looked like they were going into administration we had a chat about our teams being no more and how we couldn’t possibly have any passion for anyone else. We came to the conclusion we couldn’t.
My son is now 16 ( season ticket holder since 7 )and agreed, we might go and watch Burton maybe, but would be to watch football, not to jump about and go crazy when the net ripples.  I managed to pass the hatred of forest on to my 7 yr old boy

i think my work is done COYR

A very poor result tonight, spoilt my weekend, just hope we get some luck soon, deserved a draw from the gane, deffo penalty, a club in a mess, we have been poor now for a few seasons, since Mel has wanted a team full of youngsters in, now he has failed he has sold us, lets just hope for better things to come, i am so pissed off at the mo, Whisky time i think. 

28 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I seem to remember Bielik not being inured as well. He carried the donkeys around him by the balls and got us playing much better front foot football. 

Yep he’s a very good player and clearly made a big difference.

That said we still managed 3 wins 1 draw and 2 defeats in the 6 games after his injury.

So they were able to do it without him.

My point is the players aren’t as useless as some people are trying to portray!

8 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

A very poor result tonight, spoilt my weekend, just hope we get some luck soon, deserved a draw from the gane, deffo penalty, a club in a mess, we have been poor now for a few seasons, since Mel has wanted a team full of youngsters in, now he has failed he has sold us, lets just hope for better things to come, i am so pissed off at the mo, Whisky time i think. 

#COYR Long way to go yet, mate. Lets hope our luck changes, it's about time.

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You're right, I would. Because we don't hold leads very well in recent weeks. The problem is, our attacking just isn't good enough. Not today, over the full season. I'd say that's down to how we've set up all year, rather than the players. 

Christ, we better stop going in the lead then. 
?

33 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Obviously an incredibly unhelpful result & infuriating to throw away a lead and waste so many chances. Im not denying we're in deep trouble but I actually saw enough in us going forward today to think we'll get out of this.

Couldn't fault Rooney's line up - plenty of movement & creativity up top & our best combination in midfield. Whilst Blackburn had their moments, we were clearly the better side first half. Shinnie & Bird dominated the middle, constantly winning second balls & moving the play forward. Consequently, the four forward players saw plenty of quality and started linking up well together. The frustrating thing was that we weren't further ahead given the opportunities with Roberts guilty of the worst miss.

Their equaliser was pretty sickening & totally avoidable. Its a sad fact that sides don't have to do anything special to score against us & a small push on Lawrence before a routine free header is as criminal as it gets.

Second half, they did exert more control and were dangerous at the break but I cant believe we didnt score again. 2 great saves from Kazim, Roberts beating 4 men and falling over, numerous openings for Jozwiak, Lawrence free kick & Byrne hitting the post...it just went on & on. And to compound it we're opened up easily for their winner...poor from Wisdom, poor from Marshall & not good enough at the back all match.

Things look bleak but there's still 4 to play & we are capable of winning any of them. We need to be brave, we need to continue being proactive & look to score goals. Defensively we were appalling but that can be improved. Keep your chins up

Spot on

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

But according to you on your other thread we get what we deserve and we shouldn't expect better. 

Are you schizophrenic? 

No. Are you unable to follow more than one thread of thought at a time.

It was an ironic thread - there's some it seems who think we should be storming the league, held back only by Rooney's lack of nouce! We have a poor squad. But even so Rooney is getting more out of them than most experienced managers would.

23 minutes ago, Rev said:

Second goal then!

Don't tell me they got a third.

The one that bent inside Marshall, despite him getting a despairing touch on it.

Your right it was the second goal ?‍♂️ Won’t tell you they got a third. Just had the hump at the time & had to reply 

1 hour ago, AbuDerbyDave said:

Sure their first goal was a header 

Sorry, I know I've replied already, but I'd blanked out us standing like statues in a line and watching someone attack the ball and nod it in.

Space is the danger, not forwards.

Archived