Rooney Out!

Birdyabroad

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Didn’t Waghorn score 12 goals ( including 2 penalties) last season? If so, I wouldn’t really describe that as prolific (I don’t know how many games he played mind).

If anyone had scored 12 goals for Derby this year they would be classed as goal scoring gods.

Last year we had two of them in the squad scoring that number!

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If anyone had scored 12 goals for Derby this year they would be classed as goal scoring gods.

By Derby standards yes but in footballing terms in general, not really prolific.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

The January signings were not made with "aspirations of promotion" they were made to keep us in this league.

I know that.

Nuwtfly suggested we should keep four out of the five signings.

That’s what we were discussing.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Roberts has done more and looked better in his couple of substitute appearances than either of those 2 jokers have done all season.

Really?

Besides his assist for Sibley v Brentford, I can’t think of anything else...

You do make a good point though. We have to improve on our current options if we can.

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

1974/75 Rioch 15, Davies 12, Hector 13, Lee 12 - No out and out goalscorer there but we won the Div 1 Title for the 2nd time but deffo classed as DCFC gods! How times have changed

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Really?

Besides his assist for Sibley v Brentford, I can’t think of anything else...

You do make a good point though. We have to improve on our current options if we can.

Put one on a plate for Gregory against Florist which he fluffed..

4 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

You make it sound like DCFC is the most difficult job in the division, when it really is far from that.

Imagine being the manager of Luton, Wycombe, Rotherham and Barnsley and having to try and be competitive in the Championship. Now those jobs are tough.

I have sympathy for Cocu. He was new to English football and perhaps was blindsided by many of the problems at the club.

Rooney has been at the club since December 2019 so when he became manager he would have had a much clearer idea of the turmoil at the club.

If Rooney should stay purely because he has done a job under quite difficult circumstances, that means Nigel Clough should have had a job for life here.

How is Nigel Pearson a failure? He’s been at Bristol City for less than 10 games. Blackburn and Preston are in lower midtable - how much higher would you expect them to be?

I never said experience is a guarantee of anything. I said it gives you a better shot at succeeding. This is why clubs still appoint McCarthy and Warnock, for example.

Question for you, if we started pre season with either Chris Wilder in charge or Rooney in charge, which one would you feel more confident about and why?

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

And judging by how happy some of our fans are with Rooney, are the expectations any greater here?

Yes, that's why there's so much talk of the style of football we're playing even with a thin squad whilst fighting relegation.

Here's something for you - another thing that links Cocu and Rooney they both are committed to the job they are trying to do. #COYR

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, that's why there's so much talk of the style of football we're playing even with a thin squad whilst fighting relegation.

Here's something for you - another thing that links Cocu and Rooney they both are committed to the job they are trying to do. #COYR

The style issue is just a Derby thing. If we were winning leagues and cups and playing unattractive football, it would still be a bone of contention.

Well of course Rooney is committed.

He got one of the top 25 managerial jobs in the country without any managerial experience to speak of.

Rooney should never have got the job in the first place. What example as a leader did he set for his inherited players when he was playing for us under Cocu? He expects them now to go out on the pitch and give 110% but his efforts that they saw was absolutely atrocious when be was playing.

Do as I say not as I do classic metric of a poor manager. He shouldn't have been given the job on this alone. 

8 hours ago, DCFClks said:

That's just kind of proved my point of it being more the managers tactics to blame than the players.

plus compromising goals to concede less is one thing, but 30 goals in 41 games is pathetic. There's many teams in this division who set up more defensively than us and score more.

Exactly.

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Rooney should never have got the job in the first place. What example as a leader did he set for his inherited players when he was playing for us under Cocu? He expects them now to go out on the pitch and give 110% but his efforts that they saw was absolutely atrocious when be was playing.

Except of course they did play well and pick up points when Bielik was fit. Perhaps they realised he could only do so much as a player the same as the rest of the squad under Cocu!

26 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

You make it sound like DCFC is the most difficult job in the division, when it really is far from that.

Imagine being the manager of Luton, Wycombe, Rotherham and Barnsley and having to try and be competitive in the Championship. Now those jobs are tough.

In some ways those jobs are actually easier. There not expected to win every week, and it doesn't really matter the style of play they use either. 

31 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Question for you, if we started pre season with either Chris Wilder in charge or Rooney in charge, which one would you feel more confident about and why?

I'll take Rooney, Wilder did a fantastic job at Sheff Utd, Local boy done good, His 2nd season in the Prem wasn't up to much, His buys were poor, Brewster £23m, Ramsdale £18m, Burke £6m, Lowe and Bogle combined fee of £7.5m, He didn't do to well did he, Rooney was given the keys to the Managers office, The players he knew, He knew what he could get out of them, He started off at the bottom of the division, Someone posted the 28 games he's been manager and that puts us mid table, Try walking up the down escaltor, That'll give you an idea on how difficult a job being DCFC manager has been, Untill he has a full close season and at least half a season until Xmas 2021 i'll reserve my judgement.

8 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'll take Rooney, Wilder did a fantastic job at Sheff Utd, Local boy done good, His 2nd season in the Prem wasn't up to much, His buys were poor, Brewster £23m, Ramsdale £18m, Burke £6m, Lowe and Bogle combined fee of £7.5m, He didn't do to well did he, Rooney was given the keys to the Managers office, The players he knew, He knew what he could get out of them, He started off at the bottom of the division, Someone posted the 28 games he's been manager and that puts us mid table, Try walking up the down escaltor, That'll give you an idea on how difficult a job being DCFC manager has been, Untill he has a full close season and at least half a season until Xmas 2021 i'll reserve my judgement.

Got them 2 promotions and a mid table finish in the prem playing attractive football didn’t he......mmmm......tough one......

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Got them 2 promotions and a mid table finish in the prem playing attractive football didn’t he......mmmm......tough one......

Britain once had an Empire, But no longer, Don't let history get in the way of emotion aye.