Rooney Out!

Birdyabroad

3 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Exactly what I said but got shot down. Apparently, because he was sooooo good as a player, he should be given a big job to kick his coaching career off. 

Cocu was a decent player, too!

His 11 games in charge this season:

W1 D3 L7

GF5 GA16 GD-11

Pts 6

Wayne Rooney's last 11 games:

W1 D3 L7

GF7 GA16 GD-9

Pts 6

And yet, apparently the former is at fault for us being in this position and the latter has done a fantastic job!

Edited by Nuwtfly

We will stay up and Rooney will be here next season.

We played very well first half but didn't make the most of our opportunities and on the plus side after conceding yet another soft goal we at least attacked and tried to win but quality second half really let us down in particular at the back.

Take that first half into our remaining games and we will be fine.

3 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

We played very well first half but didn't make the most of our opportunities and on the plus side after conceding yet another soft goal we at least attacked and tried to win but quality second half really let us down in particular at the back.

We said that about the Norwich game too. Same poo different game

Even if Rooney keeps us up, are we convinced he is the right man to take us forward? Especially with new owners? I’ve seen nothing this season to convince me that Rooney has what it takes to become a top manager. Just another ex-player with delusions of grandeur. Let’s get a proper coach in next season no matter which league we are in. 

4 hours ago, Bluedogmaz said:

Unfortunately, and being more realistic, the greater likelihood is that we will continue our form of 1 win in 11!

I've read from a far this season mi owds.. but all I'll say is the blame for the mess wi are in rests wi mr Lampard and co. Think back ta when he wa on the yacht in our close season.  Knackered us reet up that did . Never recovered...on the plus side though I've traded Hilda in since I last come on here ... got mi sent a reet sleek model nah ... daft owd miner .....

If you just consider our defensive frailties it’s apparent that Wazza hasn’t yet managed to get his head around the difference in quality between his own career and the players he has at his disposal. He (and his equally culpable coaches) are trying to set us up to defend set pieces like a champions league team with some complicated combination of zonal and man-marking but it’s quite clearly too difficult for our players to master - so they all stand around and watch the unmarked opposition player score.... last night is hardly the first time that’s happened. 

Good management involves getting the very best from every single one of the players - if that means adapting your pure views of how to play the game to be more pragmatic and eek out wins then that’s what you have to do - Cocu couldn’t bring himself to do it and it seems Rooney is of the same mindset. A similar approach would be a disaster in League One.....

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

He (and his equally culpable coaches) are trying to set us up to defend set pieces like a champions league team with some complicated combination of zonal and man-marking but it’s quite clearly too difficult for our players to master - so they all stand around and watch the unmarked opposition player score.... last night is hardly the first time that’s happened. 

We have a defence where there's only one player really good in the air - Clarke. The midfield (no Bielik) hardly head a ball, and up front is the same. And you expect us to deal 'well' with teams like Mowbray sends out? Never gonna happen with this squad. We should have scored more than them. ala Mac, we had the chances.

Edited by RoyMac5

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We have a defence where there's only one player really good in the air - Clarke. The midfield (no Bielik) hardly head a ball, and up front is the same. And you expect us to deal 'well' with teams like Mowbray sends out? Never gonna happen with this squad. We should have scored more than them. ala Mac, we had the chances.

sort of true but perhaps putting our biggest centre half next to their biggest attacker could help?