Jump to content

Recommended Posts

No, this is NOT a joke thread.

I’ve been a Rooney man, but I’m sick of negative team selections.

If he is so blind to see that a midfield 3 of Shinnie/Bird and Knight does not work, then he needs to get gone.

We lost the game today when the team was announced.

Surely we MUST start the game with at LEAST 4 attacking players. Against Luton we started with 4 attackers and won comfortably. Before anyone points out that Wag/Gregory were out, start with Joswiak today instead of Knight and that’s a better attacking balance.

Some may also point out that Clarke wasn’t playing and we needed to load midfield, but it’s too negative an argument - We need more attack minded players to keep the ball at their end of the pitch, away from our defence.

It’s just so boring and predictable that we set up to defend, go a goal down, then have to throw on attacking players to try and rescue a point, I didn’t even bother to watch the 2nd half today and I don’t think I’ve ever purposely done that.

No, it’s not good enough Wayne. You did a good job taking us out of danger but, given that other results went against us today, you’re anti-football is taking us the wrong way again.

We’re now back in the running as serious relegation contenders.

So sort it out fast or get gone and let’s get a manager with a bit of attacking chops, like Chris Wilder, his hell-for-leather approach may have been found out in the Prem, but let’s try and get there first and we’ll worry about that later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Birdyabroad said:

No, this is NOT a joke thread.

I’ve been a Rooney man, but I’m sick of negative team selections.

If he is so blind to see that a midfield 3 of Shinnie/Bird and Knight does not work, then he needs to get gone.

We lost the game today when the team was announced.

Surely we MUST start the game with at LEAST 4 attacking players. Against Luton we started with 4 attackers and won comfortably. Before anyone points out that Wag/Gregory were out, start with Joswiak today instead of Knight and that’s a better attacking balance.

Some may also point out that Clarke wasn’t playing and we needed to load midfield, but it’s too negative an argument - We need more attack minded players to keep the ball at their end of the pitch, away from our defence.

It’s just so boring and predictable that we set up to defend, go a goal down, then have to throw on attacking players to try and rescue a point, I didn’t even bother to watch the 2nd half today and I don’t think I’ve ever purposely done that.

No, it’s not good enough Wayne. You did a good job taking us out of danger but, given that other results went against us today, you’re anti-football is taking us the wrong way again.

We’re now back in the running as serious relegation contenders.

So sort it out fast or get gone and let’s get a manager with a bit of attacking chops, like Chris Wilder, his hell-for-leather approach may have been found out in the Prem, but let’s try and get there first and we’ll worry about that later.

The most boring post of 2021. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

No, this is NOT a joke thread.

I’ve been a Rooney man, but I’m sick of negative team selections.

If he is so blind to see that a midfield 3 of Shinnie/Bird and Knight does not work, then he needs to get gone.

We lost the game today when the team was announced.

Surely we MUST start the game with at LEAST 4 attacking players. Against Luton we started with 4 attackers and won comfortably. Before anyone points out that Wag/Gregory were out, start with Joswiak today instead of Knight and that’s a better attacking balance.

Some may also point out that Clarke wasn’t playing and we needed to load midfield, but it’s too negative an argument - We need more attack minded players to keep the ball at their end of the pitch, away from our defence.

It’s just so boring and predictable that we set up to defend, go a goal down, then have to throw on attacking players to try and rescue a point, I didn’t even bother to watch the 2nd half today and I don’t think I’ve ever purposely done that.

No, it’s not good enough Wayne. You did a good job taking us out of danger but, given that other results went against us today, you’re anti-football is taking us the wrong way again.

We’re now back in the running as serious relegation contenders.

So sort it out fast or get gone and let’s get a manager with a bit of attacking chops, like Chris Wilder, his hell-for-leather approach may have been found out in the Prem, but let’s try and get there first and we’ll worry about that later.

Well if WR gets the sack, Maybe you can apply for the job, Don't hold your breath tho 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Well if WR gets the sack, Maybe you can apply for the job, Don't hold your breath tho 🙄

Don’t seem to remember saying that I could do the job? I actually suggested that another type of manager, say a Chris Wilder might be more effective. But don’t let facts get in your way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How can you compare Luton at home to Reading away? We simply can't go into both games with the same tactics. Reading have a much better set of attacking players than Luton and if we had gone all out attack today they would have picked us off. They scored a worldie and then 2 from defensive lapses, don't recall Marshall making many other saves? Their keeper was probably the busiest with these negative tactics.

Yes he maybe could have gone for it a bit earlier with his subs but bare in mind we had lost Byrne which impacted our attacking play and also counted as 1 of our 3 available sub breaks.

Rooney's negative's tactics have won us most of our points, I would much rather points on the board over style of play at this stage of the season so maybe judge him when he has his own team at his disposal and is also starting on an even keel with everyone rather than dragging us off the bottom. 

Also, before today's game Rooney's management would put us 8th, with this squad I would say that is an impressive achievement and most would agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

I suppose getting relegated is fun for you

I wouldn’t mind It to be honest. Been there before and It was just about the most fun I have ever had supporting the club. 
Do you want a little bet on us going down then??? Or you don’t have the courage of your convictions? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

No, this is NOT a joke thread.

I’ve been a Rooney man, but I’m sick of negative team selections.

If he is so blind to see that a midfield 3 of Shinnie/Bird and Knight does not work, then he needs to get gone.

We lost the game today when the team was announced.

Surely we MUST start the game with at LEAST 4 attacking players. Against Luton we started with 4 attackers and won comfortably. Before anyone points out that Wag/Gregory were out, start with Joswiak today instead of Knight and that’s a better attacking balance.

Some may also point out that Clarke wasn’t playing and we needed to load midfield, but it’s too negative an argument - We need more attack minded players to keep the ball at their end of the pitch, away from our defence.

It’s just so boring and predictable that we set up to defend, go a goal down, then have to throw on attacking players to try and rescue a point, I didn’t even bother to watch the 2nd half today and I don’t think I’ve ever purposely done that.

No, it’s not good enough Wayne. You did a good job taking us out of danger but, given that other results went against us today, you’re anti-football is taking us the wrong way again.

We’re now back in the running as serious relegation contenders.

So sort it out fast or get gone and let’s get a manager with a bit of attacking chops, like Chris Wilder, his hell-for-leather approach may have been found out in the Prem, but let’s try and get there first and we’ll worry about that later.

Bit like a baby throwing their toys out of the pram 🤣 Yes, we are all frustrated and fed up but just calm down. We haven’t got the money to sack him even if we wanted to. Let’s get through the season, stay in the Championship hopefully and then will be the time to evaluate and decide where we go from here 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

Don’t seem to remember saying that I could do the job? I actually suggested that another type of manager, say a Chris Wilder might be more effective. But don’t let facts get in your way.

You mentioned he plays anti football

We had more shots than Reading...12 to their 6, Both had 5 on Target, We had 4 corners to their 2.

So yes, Lets not let facts get in the way aye...come back when you learn how to play the game aye.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

How can you compare Luton at home to Reading away? We simply can't go into both games with the same tactics. Reading have a much better set of attacking players than Luton and if we had gone all out attack today they would have picked us off. They scored a worldie and then 2 from defensive lapses, don't recall Marshall making many other saves? Their keeper was probably the busiest with these negative tactics.

Yes he maybe could have gone for it a bit earlier with his subs but bare in mind we had lost Byrne which impacted our attacking play and also counted as 1 of our 3 available sub breaks.

Rooney's negative's tactics have won us most of our points, I would much rather points on the board over style of play at this stage of the season so maybe judge him when he has his own team at his disposal and is also starting on an even keel with everyone rather than dragging us off the bottom. 

Also, before today's game Rooney's management would put us 8th, with this squad I would say that is an impressive achievement and most would agree.

Whichever way you cut it, we’re going back in the wrong direction.

I’ve backed him from the start, but this defend-first football is losing its impact and the new manager ‘bounce’ has up and gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

You mentioned he plays anti football

We had more shots than Reading...12 to their 6, Both had 5 on Target, We had 4 corners to their 2.

So yes, Lets not let facts get in the way aye...come back when you learn how to play the game aye.

 

Hmm, when I learned the game, I’m sure I read somewhere that if you scored more than the opposition then you won the game.

However, in your amazing understanding of the game, however many shots you have on target seems to count for something. Are you a ‘we had more corners than them’ kind of guy also?

Is that why you call yourself Unlucky, cos you come out on the wrong side of an argument?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

Whichever way you cut it, we’re going back in the wrong direction.

I’ve backed him from the start, but this defend-first football is losing its impact and the new manager ‘bounce’ has up and gone.

How many points did you expect us to get over the Easter weekend? And how many did you expect Rotherham to get?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Birdyabroad said:

Hmm, when I learned the game, I’m sure I read somewhere that if you scored more than the opposition then you won the game.

However, in your amazing understanding of the game, however many shots you have on target seems to count for something. Are you a ‘we had more corners than them’ kind of guy also?

Is that why you call yourself Unlucky, cos you come out on the wrong side of an argument?

Yeah more goals means you win but doesn't mean you have played more attacking. Does that mean when we sat with 10men behind the ball away at Norwich and won 1-0 we were more attacking than them because we scored more goals?

Your argument was negative tactics yet we had more shots than Reading, how is that negative tactics?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.