El DerbyCo

roboto

2 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Mine too and my business is in Data mining for health care businesses. Don't need one if you are good at networking and already have all the contacts you will ever need. Some businesses operate in a smaller sphere of operations. Thought I might need one when C19 hit but now I have am glad I didn't as I have too much work. 

Quite - Maybe people underestimate the cost of building and maintaining a website, like any business decision you have CBA thinking around it. Oddly, my day job was enabling data mining (in financial services) for end users, loved it some days!

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The sheikh was said to be a front for someone else. It means the EFL has approved the wrong person as significant controller doesn’t it ? If Alonso IS a front, does that mean he would not be the approved controller?  

Well, not really a front - he controls an investment fund which is part of their business empire and which all seems above board. The investors just don't seem to want to permit the fund to invest in a zero income football club. Can't think why......?

2 hours ago, ShoreRam said:

Quite - Maybe people underestimate the cost of building and maintaining a website, like any business decision you have CBA thinking around it. Oddly, my day job was enabling data mining (in financial services) for end users, loved it some days!

I sort of fell into it in the early nineties as I am material's engineer by background, but was involved in data transfer in the eighties from RR to the big airframe manufacturers when it was quite novel to send data digitally, then a chance conversation with a guy i went to school with, who worked for a health are provider led to me doing some moonlighting and it went from there. 

Still have a day job in Aerospace engineering, and run my own business at evenings and weekends. 

It's a great field to be in. 

The biggest fear for me is that back in February when Alonso's interest was first reported it was said he was working with Matt Southall, the a*se who asset-stripped Charlton and left them without a paddle. 

Southall isn't being mentioned currently but I'd be surprised if he wasn't involved still, which is my biggest concern. If you associate with these sorts of people it's hardly a reassuring thing. 

23 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Don’t think Mike was bad , had good intentions but didn’t realise how bad our position was as the time and his pockets were not deep enough to resolve it. 

My memories of this era are waning. There was a lot of criticism of a northern bookmaker paying Derby’s wages. Was this on Mike W watch ?

49 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

Just wish some local rich business people who support Derby could get a consortium together and take over, even allowing Mel to stay onboard to look after the training centre and the acadamy. Come on Kirkland, Bloor, Sissons, how about it?

If we are in crisis (relegation or points deduction) that’s exactly what we would want, to steady the boat. But I don’t think either will happen so I think we want a billionaire not a bunch of mere multimillionaires. And a billionaire who will bring additional revenue