El DerbyCo

roboto

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Yes. Note that we were created as an offshoot of Derbyshire Cricket Club but they thought that the first name that the football club came up with - Derbyshire FC- would be confused with the cricket side and so we became Derby County. But I do like Derby Galaxy

Well actually @Turk Thrust it was the Derbyshire County FA who objected. There was a lot of "bad blood" between the nascent football upstarts of the Cricket Club and the existing County FA so much so that some of our players tore off the County FA "colours" from their shorts that they had been awarded for representing the County FA. It was real cloak and dagger stuff, often to do with fixture clashes and arguments over players. Derby County were born into controversy and have seemingly courted it ever since.  

13 minutes ago, dabber said:

I agree we would be snookered if we got someone like him

You were right on cue with that dabber. We will be stymied if we do not get a takeover. We appear to be baulked at present. There appears to be a triangle of options.

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

Alonso is just the front man for an Indonesian syndicate. 
Those two Indonesian guys - Budi and Michael Hartono are worth about $13 billion. Could it be them? Or just some guys who work on the beach in Bali renting out sunbeds?

Probably the latter. 

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

Those two Indonesian guys - Budi and Michael Hartono are worth about $13 billion. Could it be them? Or just some guys who work on the beach in Bali renting out sunbeds?

Where have the Hartonos names been associated with Alonso? Can't find mention..... 

11 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Doubt it, both those guys are in their 80s.

Edited by Josh

On 10/03/2021 at 17:50, ShoreRam said:

Does it really worry you? My LTD company doesn't have a website, the company employs a few people and is the vehicle for revenue & expenses, assets & liabilities. There is, literally, no reason for me to go to the expense of creating and maintaining a website. Just saying, there are more relevant things to be worried about.

Mine too and my business is in Data mining for health care businesses. Don't need one if you are good at networking and already have all the contacts you will ever need. Some businesses operate in a smaller sphere of operations. Thought I might need one when C19 hit but now I have am glad I didn't as I have too much work. 

2 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Mine too and my business is in Data mining for health care businesses. Don't need one if you are good at networking and already have all the contacts you will ever need. Some businesses operate in a smaller sphere of operations. Thought I might need one when C19 hit but now I have am glad I didn't as I have too much work. 

So, if you would've had a website you could've been a billionaire by now and you could be the one looking to buy DCFC...

Betting Bbc GIF

13 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

The sheikh was said to be a front for someone else. It means the EFL has approved the wrong person as significant controller doesn’t it ? If Alonso IS a front, does that mean he would not be the approved controller?