v Stoke City (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes the decision to drop Waggy look very poor. Yes he isnt the best but at least he would have offered abit more energy for us to press higher. Doesnt matter who we have upfront though if we just keep smashing it long. Shinnie & Knight been very poor

Just now, Edtheram said:

Issue is for the past few games our first half performances have been shocking and I think we’re seeing poor management from Rooney - he will probably change things again because his selection and tactics are wrong. We’re really bad and hopefully the new owners can give us some money to spend 

I personally don't think the team selection is wrong other than maybe CKR who looks way off being fully fit. The players on the pitch just aren't helping the defenders when they get on the ball. Absolutely no one is showing for it so they either hoof it long or pass it back to Roos who hoofs it long up to an injured CKR or Sibley to compete in the air with a giant in Souttar. 

Can't play five defenders and two defensive midfielders and expect to create anything positive, especially with such an immobile centre forward. 

I’ve moved more than CKR watching the game. 

Get Lawrence and Creswell on and take CKR and Mengi off, purely on tactics. 

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Makes the decision to drop Waggy look very poor. Yes he isnt the best but at least he would have offered abit more energy for us to press higher. Doesnt matter who we have upfront though if we just keep smashing it long. Shinnie & Knight been very poor

Cresswell presses better than most

Just now, Anag Ram said:

Can't play five defenders and two defensive midfielders and expect to create anything positive, especially with such an immobile centre forward. 

Surely you leave Mengi on for his pace for the ball over the top which has caught Wisdom out a few times now

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Agree with all of that but I'd have Wisdom off not Mengi. In fact, I'd wouldn't have had Wisdom on in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Issue is for the past few games our first half performances have been shocking and I think we’re seeing poor management from Rooney - he will probably change things again because his selection and tactics are wrong. We’re really bad and hopefully the new owners can give us some money to spend 

When things are going this poorly, why can’t Rooney change it in play? It’s not as if he’s got a crowd to shout over. 

Well, after a surprisingly attacking half of football the other day, normal service has resumed. Another ridiculously defensive set up from Rooney, with runners instead of footballers in the middle of midfield - and surprise surprise, we look to have no quality whatsoever. Sitting way too deep, and not pressing them at all. We basically look like we can’t be arsed, no energy whatsoever and we’re just allowing them to play the game how they want to. Don’t know about Stoke being on their holidays already, it’s us that look like we’re thinking about the beach - disgusting lack of effort and desire really considering our precarious League position, especially with results going against us.

And don’t even get me started on our passing. Christ almighty, that sort of quality doesn’t even belong on the local park. I started counting how many times we gifted possession back to them, more entertaining than watching the actual game. Just hoof after hoof. Dreadful.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

So he’s picked the team that played majority of second half against Brentford. He’s playing Sibley. But of course it’s not going well so it’s Rooney and it’s tactics to blame

How about the players who have been picked step up and perform?!

You can’t say that! You will have Waggy defenders on soon 

Archived