v Stoke City (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well, after a surprisingly attacking half of football the other day, normal service has resumed. Another ridiculously defensive set up from Rooney, with runners instead of footballers in the middle of midfield - and surprise surprise, we look to have no quality whatsoever. Sitting way too deep, and not pressing them at all. We basically look like we can’t be arsed, no energy whatsoever and we’re just allowing them to play the game how they want to. Don’t know about Stoke being on their holidays already, it’s us that look like we’re thinking about the beach - disgusting lack of effort and desire really considering our precarious League position, especially with results going against us.

And don’t even get me started on our passing. Christ almighty, that sort of quality doesn’t even belong on the local park. I started counting how many times we gifted possession back to them, more entertaining than watching the actual game. Just hoof after hoof. Dreadful.

Agreed. The problem for me is we have 5 defenders - the wing backs are full backs - and then Shinnie and Knight in front of them who are bread and butter grafters. So inevitably we look sterile. We need to find a better system. We could improve by replacing one or both of the full backs with more creative players maybe

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Yes he's playing Sibley...

...on the bloody wing again! 

Sibley needs to be picking the ball up, facing goal,  just inside the opposition half and running at them. Fat chance he has of doing that when he's spending most of his time trying to win headers or getting the ball with his back to goal and a defender up his backside.

Yep basically sibleys job at the moment is to close down, watch the ball go over his head and chase the aimless balls into the channels.

Hopefully he changes it up 

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Resorted to listening to this one on radio Derby.

And I'm glad I did as it's marginally edged out the other form of entertainment I considered which was spending the afternoon staring at a disused bus shelter.

You'd be getting to see a lot more movement at the bus shelter, to be fair 

Archived