v Stoke City (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

My suggestion - if you are able - have the match on in the background but watch England v India cricket 

Big target in this one 

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

So he’s picked the team that played majority of second half against Brentford. He’s playing Sibley. But of course it’s not going well so it’s Rooney and it’s tactics to blame

How about the players who have been picked step up and perform?!

Yes he's playing Sibley...

...on the bloody wing again! 

Sibley needs to be picking the ball up, facing goal,  just inside the opposition half and running at them. Fat chance he has of doing that when he's spending most of his time trying to win headers or getting the ball with his back to goal and a defender up his backside.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well, after a surprisingly attacking half of football the other day, normal service has resumed. Another ridiculously defensive set up from Rooney, with runners instead of footballers in the middle of midfield - and surprise surprise, we look to have no quality whatsoever. Sitting way too deep, and not pressing them at all. We basically look like we can’t be arsed, no energy whatsoever and we’re just allowing them to play the game how they want to. Don’t know about Stoke being on their holidays already, it’s us that look like we’re thinking about the beach - disgusting lack of effort and desire really considering our precarious League position, especially with results going against us.

And don’t even get me started on our passing. Christ almighty, that sort of quality doesn’t even belong on the local park. I started counting how many times we gifted possession back to them, more entertaining than watching the actual game.

But there's positives right? ?

7 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

yet again...........................BORING!

Lawrence and Jozwiak on for Sibley and CKR.

We have no pace or movement up front. Roberts looks decent but he has zero support, nobody making a run when he has the ball. 

There looks to be space in behind, we're just sitting too deep and not doing anything, almost like we've set up for a 0-0 again. 

Sibley off! Can you imagine

Just now, Coconut said:

Yes he's playing Sibley...

...on the bloody wing again! 

Sibley needs to be picking the ball up, facing goal,  just inside the opposition half and running at them. Fat chance he has of doing that when he's spending most of his time trying to win headers or getting the ball with his back to goal and a defender up his backside.

not really 'on the wing' though. Sibley has played just as much in the middle as he has on the wing so far, swapping positions with CKR.

We aren't competitive in the middle of the park, it means that the front three aren't seeing enough if the ball to do anything.

It's a difficult one as we haven't got a player who can control that midfield, maybe put knight on in the hope he can do something ?

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Makes the decision to drop Waggy look very poor. Yes he isnt the best but at least he would have offered abit more energy for us to press higher. Doesnt matter who we have upfront though if we just keep smashing it long. Shinnie & Knight been very poor

Waggy.......offers a bit more energy?.........can I recommend you go back outside, get back on your sun lounger and have another Pina Colada!........Well if you don't I am!

Archived