v Stoke City (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m assuming that’s a 3-4-3 with Sibley on the wing... not a fan of playing him out of position like that. Good to see Kazim-Richards is fit, surprising one that after Rooney effectively ruled him out - though he’s not had much influence on recent games anyway, so I hope he’s fit enough to make a bigger impact today. Surprised Roos is still in goal to be honest, probably could’ve done better with the second goal against Brentford, so I would have thought Rooney would’ve used that as an excuse to restore Marshall. Think Buchanan is lucky to keep his place as well, struggled defensively again on his return to the side the other day. Not massively convinced by the 3 at the back system with Wisdom and Mengi either - Wisdom isn’t good enough in the air to play in the middle, and Mengi isn’t good enough going forward to play “wide”.

Very interesting that Waghorn has been dropped from the squad altogether. He has definitely had a poor season to be fair, and it’s a damning indictment on him that an U23 has taken his place on the bench. Strongly suspect that means his time here is up and his contract won’t be renewed - fully expect him to leave this summer.

If Wisdom is playing badly, take him off.

Just now, Dinnitdough said:

Farewell Waghorn.

May you find a club more suited for your talents.

In the Chinese Super League perhaps or the Bolivian third division.

If we'd got him for 200k in 2012 would have been OK, but no, we had to wait for his one decent season (in a relegated team) before stumping up 5 mil. 

All Derby's utter failings in one player. 

Archived