Derby v Millwall, Match Day Thread

ram59

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm stay compact lads and erm wait for a set piece to score our goal erm don’t get in the box and erm centre mods you stay on the half way line and do t attack. Erm jozwiak and waggers you erm do what you want. Wingbacks you will erm produce everything and erm don’t mark properly on a erm corner. Erm let’s go lads 

people blaming the ref are looking in the wrong direction- we look completely toothless up front. Rooney needs to work on our attacking shape as too often we aren't getting enough people in the box. There is a lack of forward passing or movement that leads to space opening up. It's all been too easy for Millwall, if we're getting 60% of possession it doesn't matter if we're just playing in front of them. 

Ref been awful that half, gave us nothing and them everything. Easily could have been a red for them and the ref wasnt even going to give us a freekick. Was never a freekick that led to their goal but defending was poor, Mengi awful for it.

Controlled the whole game but created next to nothing, really need to do more with the ball. I think Sibley, Roberts & Watson could have a role to play 2nd half

Just now, StrawHillRam said:

This is why we are where we are. Can’t create and can’t defend. Against a team with nothing to play for really.

This was supposed to be a banker 3 points for us today

Says that who ?

with what you’ve just said which is correct there isn’t a single banker for us 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

The interesting thing will be to see who takes charge of the defence. Wisdom is usually the most vocal. Edmundson and Mengi are new and might be reluctant leaders and Clarke just does his own thing without marshalling those around him.

They will need to be organised to meet Millwall’s aerial threat and to protect the full backs if they bomb forward. How they do that will determine the result.

And there we have it. 

Millwall players allowed to make their run unmarked. 

Us stuck on the six yard box like kids not picked for a dance. All the momentum with the runners. None from those standing still. 

Never mind. They're doing corners in training in April. 

Just now, Norman said:

Ref 1 Derby 0

I don't usually hate on officials. 

This one is ducking dog poo. 

I was going to say that there have been a few terrible decisions that have gone against us. People will say that over a season they equal out. This season it doesn't seem to be happening.  Next season will be great as we will get the rub of the green all the way through ??

Strange half, we have had the majority of chances and possession, the problem is the possession is in front of Milwall. Now the main concern for me is the movement, there is virtually none apart from Byrne & Joz.

Roos looking good again and funnily enough bar the goal the defence have looked solid too. Our midfield just cant create chances.

2nd half, sacrifice one defender and lets go for it, more tempo and movement, Millwall really are dog poo.

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

This is why we are where we are. Can’t create and can’t defend. Against a team with nothing to play for really.

This was supposed to be a banker 3 points for us today

Well I went 0-1, no such thing as a banker for us...

I said after Barnsley I wouldn’t mind seeing 3-4-3 again and it has been good for us, but we seem to slow down in attack and take too many touches.

Millwall have been rubbish but their best player is the one in the whistle position and it’ll be hrs to come back against all 12 of them.

On a positive note, I’m so happy we don’t have to watch Rowettball every week.

Would like to see Buchanan on the left and perhaps Roberts on for Waghorn but I don’t think we’ll see any changes until 70 minutes.

Archived