The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

? 21st June: All this poo ends

22nd June: England vs Czech Republic in the Euros ???

Brilliant news that there will be 10k inside Hampden and Wembley. 

The big question is whether away fans will be allowed to travel and attend the games. 

Surely the game at Wembley on the 18th June will have both sets of fans in attendance. 

17 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Brilliant news that there will be 10k inside Hampden and Wembley. 

The big question is whether away fans will be allowed to travel and attend the games. 

Surely the game at Wembley on the 18th June will have both sets of fans in attendance. 

They way I read it as of the 21st it’s full grounds isn’t it? 

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

They way I read it as of the 21st it’s full grounds isn’t it? 

I suppose it depends on how UEFA play it. 

They decide at the end of April how to organise the tournament.

Would the UK govt want visiting fans coming into the country with a risk of importing different strains of the virus and potentially undoing the good work of the vaccination roll out? 

There's actually a case for the UK to hold the full tournament and have full houses after the group stages. 

However it plays out, it looks positive for the fans. 

23 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I suppose it depends on how UEFA play it. 

They decide at the end of April how to organise the tournament.

Would the UK govt want visiting fans coming into the country with a risk of importing different strains of the virus and potentially undoing the good work of the vaccination roll out? 

There's actually a case for the UK to hold the full tournament and have full houses after the group stages. 

However it plays out, it looks positive for the fans. 

Yeah I suppose, either way positive so fingers crossed I can’t wait ! 

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Ah crap, apologies if anything I said got reported and caused hassle. Not been near the thread in months and was trying to go for a bit of humour more than anything which I probably misjudged.

Whilst I do find some of the comments somewhat concerning, I do think sometimes this thread, much like politics,  can be an easy fix for people to yell into the void and get a response. If I’m fully honest I think other things are at play than just peoples opinions on a pandemic. I’ve yet to work out whether it’s a good or bad thing to be honest in the scheme of things (and not considering moderators work!). I guess much like the politics thread, I think posters have to not only respect the opinion of others more but also understand that a debate can be about finding middle ground and trying to see the other side.

At the end of the day we all are wanting this to be over now, whilst it’s going to be a pain in the arse for a few more weeks, at least there’s some light and a bit of something for everyone in what’s being announced. 

I yell at clouds.

20 minutes ago, Norman said:

If I was Mel Morris, I would be targeting 3 or 4 pre-season home games. End of June, start of July, I'm sure 15k to 20k would turn up just to get a taste of live football and beer together. 

Not like the pitch can get any worse, is it? 

Good to get a few teams from the league above to see if would could compete if we get promoted. Millwall, Barnsley or Lincoln perhaps?