The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

24 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Hopefully in 2 months time you can lock it for good ?

As for the roadmap, great news, cautious yet gives us light at the end of the tunnel for the end of this all.

The final post will be a photo of @Eddie and @TexasRam having that drink together in the pub.

Edited by ariotofmyown

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No-one seems to be saying where all these infections are coming from when we're all supposedly locked down. What am I missing seeing?

Maybe look at workplaces such as prisons, supermarkets etc. 

1 in 6 currently catch it in hospital. 

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

Maybe look at workplaces such as prisons, supermarkets etc. 

1 in 6 currently catch it in hospital. 

So if I don't go into a hospital or prison or supermarket (get a home delivery) I should be fine?

Edit: not being totally facetious, but why are we still so locked down after so long?

Edited by RoyMac5

Ah crap, apologies if anything I said got reported and caused hassle. Not been near the thread in months and was trying to go for a bit of humour more than anything which I probably misjudged.

Whilst I do find some of the comments somewhat concerning, I do think sometimes this thread, much like politics,  can be an easy fix for people to yell into the void and get a response. If I’m fully honest I think other things are at play than just peoples opinions on a pandemic. I’ve yet to work out whether it’s a good or bad thing to be honest in the scheme of things (and not considering moderators work!). I guess much like the politics thread, I think posters have to not only respect the opinion of others more but also understand that a debate can be about finding middle ground and trying to see the other side.

At the end of the day we all are wanting this to be over now, whilst it’s going to be a pain in the arse for a few more weeks, at least there’s some light and a bit of something for everyone in what’s being announced. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So if I don't go into a hospital or prison or supermarket (get a home delivery) I should be fine?

Edit: not being totally facetious, but why are we still so locked down after so long?

it's all those people ordering Belgian beers from abroad don't you know. ?

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

Whatever you like. Just pointed out the biggest spreaders. Not a definitive list. 

In your opinion, or backed up with stats? If backed up why hasn't it been handled better, or even pointed out more?

Like everyone I'm fed up with being locked down, I just wanted a better explanation than 'because we say so'.

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No-one seems to be saying where all these infections are coming from when we're all supposedly locked down. What am I missing seeing?

As I said to Andicis earlier today I think lockdowns now will be to stop another mutation. Most important thing at the minute is to monitor how the vaccine will work up to and past July (when the experiments first started). A mutation that works against the vaccine could be disastrous at this point so we need to keep numbers low for a good period of time, basically autumn when we will know a lot more about the vaccines longevity.

What gets me is that we are told to stay home.  Only go to work if you can't work at home.  No holidays.  No travelling unless absolutely essential.  No visiting family.  No driving to beauty spots.  The list of places we can't go to is endless!

... and then they go and call this a bloody ROAD MAP!

Talk about rubbing it in our faces!  ?

?

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

As I said to Andicis earlier today I think lockdowns now will be to stop another mutation. Most important thing at the minute is to monitor how the vaccine will work up to and past July (when the experiments first started). A mutation that works against the vaccine could be disastrous at this point so we need to keep numbers low for a good period of time, basically autumn when we will know a lot more about the vaccines longevity.

That seems eminently reasonable, why the fook don't they tell us that? But still where are all the infections coming from!

Edit: nevermind who would trust what this Govt says now anyway. They've been total numpties and worse all the way through.

Edited by RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This hasn't been anywhere near a proper lockdown

You are right, but still pretty crazy we are still getting 10k new infections per day. And many of these will be tests due to symptoms, lots of people will be carrying it around without knowing. The vaccinations should mean that another rise in cases won't result again in hospitalisations and deaths.

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That seems eminently reasonable, why the fook don't they tell us that? But still where are all the infections coming from!

Edit: nevermind who would trust what this Govt says now anyway. They've been total numpties and worse all the way through.

Ha! Well the cynic in me says that the govt don’t tend to give out too much information because it doesn’t take criticism very well. So the less they put out there, the less criticism they take! I’m not saying it’s 100% what I think, but I did notice last week when one of those anti lockdown MPs was allowed to linger in the news bulletins without response for a while and I kept thinking ‘just respond and nip it in the bud’ but instead it stayed around for the whole day. So I think they over think their response, essentially. 

Re: infections I think hospitals is the big one round these parts but I can’t say for the rest of the country. But yeah 10,000 a day when you consider how many will be in and out of hospitals id think isn’t too far out.