Frank Lampard

Day

6 minutes ago, David said:

He’s done it!

Chelsea are now mathematically safe from relegation, where the haters at?

IMG_1329.gif

Now he’s saved chelsea maybe Leeds should sack big Sam and get Frankie boy in there ,, the man is a miracle worker 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So where does our frank rock up next , or does he figure he’s not really cut out for management and go the pundit route ?
hard to see anything above championship level for him at this point , if he’s desperate to be a manager and prepared to drop levels to learn his trade then that’s laudable and would be the wise and perhaps more likeable humble route 

Edited by Archied

I really hope I never see him managing another football club in England. Maybe USA soccer or god help us he becomes a pundit. As a manager I would rate him about 2/10. Been a failure at every club he has been at I noticed yesterday he tried to put all the blame on the Chelsea players I know the haven't be great but come on Lampard take some responsibility whilst you have been there this season. 🤬

21 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

I really hope I never see him managing another football club in England. Maybe USA soccer or god help us he becomes a pundit. As a manager I would rate him about 2/10. Been a failure at every club he has been at I noticed yesterday he tried to put all the blame on the Chelsea players I know the haven't be great but come on Lampard take some responsibility whilst you have been there this season. 🤬

How was his stint at Derby a failure? His first stint at Chelsea shouldn't be regarded as a failure in my opinion either. I agree that he's looked clueless in his last two jobs though. This current disaster at Chelsea has severely damaged his job prospects and I think the best he can hope for is a mid to lower table Championship club. I think saying the Chelsea players haven't been great is vastly underselling the situation. They are a squad of lazy, overpaid, prima donnas, robbed of motivation by the ludicrous contracts handed out by Boehly. Lampard can't have too many complaints because it was clear what was happening before he took the job, but he's the third manager these players have hung out to dry this season alone. They are the only constant in this situation and I'd be fuming with them if I were in Lampard's shoes.

29 minutes ago, Srg said:

He took a team that finished 6th, added 3 future internationals and 3 of probably the top 5ish players in the league, and finished 6th - just.

I can't stand this revisionism regarding that season. It comes up all the time. Of those 3, only Mount came with a big reputation. How is it a fair assessment to look at where those players are now and retroactively base judgement on a manager that had them when they were teenagers? Do you think losing Vydra, who'd scored 21 goals the previous season, might have had an effect? You say top 5ish players, but our forward line for that season in Marriott, Waghorn, and Bennett aren't and have never been close to being top end championship players.

12 minutes ago, Anon said:

I can't stand this revisionism regarding that season. It comes up all the time. Of those 3, only Mount came with a big reputation. How is it a fair assessment to look at where those players are now and retroactively base judgement on a manager that had them when they were teenagers? Do you think losing Vydra, who'd scored 21 goals the previous season, might have had an effect? You say top 5ish players, but our forward line for that season in Marriott, Waghorn, and Bennett aren't and have never been close to being top end championship players.

How is it revisionist history? Those players, at the time, were that good for that league. Lampard couldn't buy a result when Mount got injured. Told you all you need to know about how he was being carried by talent.

22 minutes ago, Srg said:

How is it revisionist history? Those players, at the time, were that good for that league. Lampard couldn't buy a result when Mount got injured. Told you all you need to know about how he was being carried by talent.

Yes, good enough for that league, not the league the league above and not necessarily good enough for promotion. I'm not claiming Lampard was some kind of genius, he had obvious tactical limitations. I struggle with the idea of writing off 6th place as a failure. Are you genuinely telling me that at the start of that season you would've regarded anything less than promotion as a failure?

8 minutes ago, Anon said:

Yes, good enough for that league, not the league the league above and not necessarily good enough for promotion. I'm not claiming Lampard was some kind of genius, he had obvious tactical limitations. I struggle with the idea of writing off 6th place as a failure. Are you genuinely telling me that at the start of that season you would've regarded anything less than promotion as a failure?

No tangible improvement over a Gary Rowett team with a better squad is a failure, yes. I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with at the start, I've already said 3 of the top 5 or so players in the Championship, I haven't said anything about the Premier League.

The only credit Lampard gets is a team spirit. He fostered great togetherness in that team, which is likely the only we came back at Leeds. Beyond that, he was bad and the rest of his career to date has shown that.