Keogh

Sean

I can’t say that I am surprised that he won the employment tribunal and as has been pointed out his award will be minimal in football terms. If it was a case of proven sexual or racial discrimination it would be a different story. I do wonder what Mr Keogh was expecting contrary to this result.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

So he breaks the law, and as a direct result, puts himself in a position where he cannot fulfil his side of the contract, and the ensuing costs to the club cannot be claimed on insurance (Due to him breaking the law, one would assume, and not due to DCFC failing to take out adequate cover!)
We offer to tend to his injuries and rehab, plus offer to keep him employed for the length of his contract, albeit at a reduced rate, which he subsequently refuses.

And yet he has the gall to sue the club, and render them "In the wrong"?  How does that even work?  And how can he even sleep at night?

I've always been a fan of his, and any comments I may have made in the past to the contrary (I'm sure there will be some!) were always intended (at least) to be tongue in cheek.  Just japes. 
A player (and captain) who always got a thumbs up from me.

But right now, he is fast losing my respect.   

I'm probably one of the few who has never booed Keogh before... but I'm booing him now!   

Apart from the booing bit @Mucker1884this is absolutely spot on. I don't think Keogh has a case and I'm quite angry that some appeal system thinks he has. I'm fully behind the Club on opposing this. Legally and morally Derby County got it correct. Frankly extremely selfish and mis-guided that Keogh - now back playing at Huddersfield on a no-doubt large quantum - feels that he is owed £2m when through his own blind-drunk stupidity he willingly endangered himself and others by his actions, broke the law, rendering him unable to fulfill his contract of employment, let his employer down totally, who then offered him an assisted route back, refused it and now believes Derby County should foot the bill. I think he seriously needs to stop listening to his advisers and think very clearly about this. It is frankly scandalous and utterly wrong. The Club needs to stick to its guns. 

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

We should say put all the 2 million in a big pile at the stadium and tell him he can have it whenever he wants under the condition that he drives himself to get it....should be safe enough then.. cant believe the bug eyed knobcheese is still costing us money.

I imagine our counter offer/appeal may go like this

Even though I'm a big fan of Keogh as a footballer, if the information we've been given is true (big if), I fully back the club's actions regarding his contract since the crash.

However, knowing that a decent-sized chunk of the squad are still very friendly with him, I can't see this helping morale very much. I'm not saying we shouldn't be appealing, but it's a mess of a situation.

I used to quite like RK, that has changed drastically since the events of that fateful night and I’m sure I’m not on my own?!?!
But now this guy has the brass balls to play the victim, this shows the real mark of the man.

IMHO he needs to consider his actions in all of this, in all moments including and since the evening in question and thereafter. 

He should consider himself extremely fortunate that he is still around to tell the tale of his moronic actions and what’s more is able to continue his career as a Professional Footballer......

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE TOOL!!!! ????????????????

I'm absolutely amazed by this result. It seems that his reason for appeal is that Bennett and Lawrence weren't sacked. That's irrelevant. He was unable to carry out the works in his contract due to his own stupidity and was generously offered £5k a week to sit in his pants for a year and watch daytime tv until back from his injury, which he refused so we sacked him. How on earth has he won his appeal I just don't understand it.

Give the bamford his money in 1s and 2s

18 hours ago, Rev said:

What inconsistency?

They could fulfil their contracted duties as professional footballers, Richard couldn't.

I’m not an expert on contract law, but if we dismissed him for misconduct, it doesn’t feel to me like we could bring the injury into things. Maybe I’m wrong, but I struggle to see how you can have 3 players involved in similar misdemeanours, and choose to only sack one because he was unlucky enough to get injured, while the other two were fine. That feels like inconsistent punishment to me. Maybe that sort of treatment is allowed within contract law, I don’t know, might be harsher than I’m imagining!

I mean, I could see the argument if it’s written in his contract that if he gets injured outside football and can’t play anymore, we’re entitled to dismiss him without compensation. But I can’t see how, if that was the case, Keogh has won the case in an employment tribunal. You wouldn’t think he’d have a leg to stand on, so I assume that isn’t the case. There must be a reason why he won the initial hearing, I’d be interested to hear what his defence was to be honest.